Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Why did they port Skyrim to the switch but not New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

silentsnack posted:

"because he posted fortnite ftw" and not because he spams every inconsequential fortnite update whenever he's not spamming pointless contrarian bullshit. sure.

I post the interesting to me updates. Like this one:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I post the interesting to me updates. Like this one:

lol they make so much loving money

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Srice posted:

If it's like Divinity: Original Sin 2 then it'll have a completely different UI when playing with a controller. Not as good as mouse and keyboard but not too shabby either.

i recently replayed a bit of dos2 on ps5 and those inventory screens are horrible because you're just going around collecting tendons and feathers all god damned day and then you have to spend 20 minutes sifting through your big bags of trash and upgrading equipment for every 30 minutes of gameplay. ugh. maybe bg3 will have mouse/keyboard support for consoles. but that might also just be a problem of too many items

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hatebag posted:

i recently replayed a bit of dos2 on ps5 and those inventory screens are horrible because you're just going around collecting tendons and feathers all god damned day and then you have to spend 20 minutes sifting through your big bags of trash and upgrading equipment for every 30 minutes of gameplay. ugh. maybe bg3 will have mouse/keyboard support for consoles. but that might also just be a problem of too many items

The solution for every RPG with a million items is to just ignore them. Pick up the big sword and glowing orb, but do not open the crates, barrels, bookshelves, etc.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

silentsnack posted:

"because he posted fortnite ftw" and not because he spams every inconsequential fortnite update whenever he's not spamming pointless contrarian bullshit. sure.

lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The solution for every RPG with a million items is to just ignore them. Pick up the big sword and glowing orb, but do not open the crates, barrels, bookshelves, etc.

just try and stop me

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

lord I wish that was an option for me

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

turn off the TV posted:

the meltdowns over the ai voice moderation in battlebit have been pretty good and that game sold like 2 million copies, gonna be great to see the response when it's added to a game that sells 10x that amount

if you can make an ai that detects specific speech you can make an ai that obfuscates it by making your voice sound like peter Frampton w/ modulated formants and comb filters and shaped signal noise

we're probably entering an era where people really do not want to have HQ recorded audio of their own voices publicly available or accessible to any government or commercial entities
they've already got more than enough sample data from everyone tho; phone mics, laptop mic, car mics, walking by an alexa while talking to someone ( 9 microphones on each one last i checked lol, it can recognize the difference between your voice and a recording of your voice, its capable of triangulating where speech is originating from, etc. idk if it utilizes that functionality but it's capable of it and i don't see why it'd have a mic array that thick if it wasn't intended to use it, u dont need full 3d audio recordings to set an alarm or whatever)

passive microphones like the kind in your phone are technically always on, they can be amplified but don't have to be, they don't need any power, your voice exciting the membrane and moving the dynamo generates the current & that's the audio signal. the only difference is if the software is listening to/processing/recording that input or ignoring it

like the dark knight sonic mapping deus ex machina thingy irl is actually not that far off at all, and that is pretty terrifying, but don't think about it bc nothing you can do lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

no the solution is you install the x100 carry weight mod

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

no the solution is you install the x100 carry weight mod

but muh RP

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

no

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

yeah what THE FUCJ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

silentsnack posted:

[glances at the top of the page] hmmmmmmm ill allow it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i like the children of the sky song because it's about how you should dream and be somebody important in those dreams and then make those dreams real

I enjoyed guessing what the rhyme would be and being right every time

I'm gonna be humming that as I head out "into the black" in my "starship" in the game Starfield

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

silentsnack posted:

have you been enjoying any games?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

they don’t have cheat engine on console, the best way to game

the president should do something about this

GameShark bill of 2024 when???

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I have been enjoying Star Wars Empire at War mod Thrawns Revenge. I have slain Akbar and I will soon end Corran Horn

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the best game is the forums right here on SomethingAwful dot com

it’s pvp all the time, forever, and there are no winners

only losers

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will. I’ll hate on it. From doesn’t make fun games. You should be able to chill out and have a beer whilst gaming and that’s on period

can I interest you in against the storm?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
bg3 unironically making cyberpunk 2077s panam actually dateable instead of having her friendzone the pc then ask them for dating advice proves that CDPR is the superior gaming company

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Chad Jihad posted:

I have been enjoying Star Wars Empire at War mod Thrawns Revenge. I have slain Akbar and I will soon end Corran Horn

That game is still very fun. Wish they'd make another. Battlefleet Gothic scratches the itch though

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

bg3 unironically making cyberpunk 2077s panam actually dateable instead of having her friendzone the pc then ask them for dating advice proves that CDPR is the superior gaming company

you can date panam? you can have cyber sex in the cyber tank in cyber VR???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

couldnt close the deal with a woman who is programmed to gently caress you just for being slightly nice to her, oh nooo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elden Ring is super easy to just chill out with. Maybe not the first playthrough tho.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Elden Ring is super easy to just chill out with. Maybe not the first playthrough tho.

once youve settled on your weapon and build its pretty smooth sailing except for bosses

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Even first playthrough can be pretty chill if you've embraced correct thought and gave up all earthly attachments to runes, which come and go no matter your deeds. No durability, no runbacks, just settle into a groove until you win, unless it's Malenia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I will. I’ll hate on it. From doesn’t make fun games. You should be able to chill out and have a beer whilst gaming and that’s on period

i can totally chill out and have a beer while playing dark souls or sekiro

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you're losing a Fromsoft game it's a battle with yourself you're losing. I have legit hosed up hands due to neurological problems and finished all of them without issue. Fight games or anything requiring twitch reflex? Can't do it, my hands can't keep up and just get too many problems. Dark Souls? Easy, the battle is all in my head.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

panam is datable, she's just straight

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

That game is still very fun. Wish they'd make another. Battlefleet Gothic scratches the itch though

That's definitely a solid one, I didn't vibe with the quasi strategy mode in 2 but it was probably a lot more attainable by the devs than a full blown mode

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everyone used the fast travel console commands when Morrowind was the newest ES game. You're lying if you say you didn't. The whole point of PC gaming at that time was getting to use things like console commands and mods.

I never did. I don't think I ever used them until I replayed the game several years later because I got stuck in a glitched out door somewhere.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yeah, Noita owns but I can enjoy it without feeling the compulsion to flood the thread with fullscreen HD screenshots of boring tweets

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Elden ring is a lie because you can use shields, and are encouraged to do so

this is an overt contradiction from earlier games where the shield is a trap

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

you can?!?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elden Ring would have been fully chill if you could pause. Still don't get the pause thing

Other than that, most of the time I spent playing it was much less stressful than when I played, say, Pizza Tower (I liked Pizza Tower)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Red Baron posted:

bloodborne is the only one where the shield is a trap

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

actually shields were viable in 1 paeticularly grinding up mfers with the bonewheel shield

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Souls games and Elden Ring teach an important life lesson, that the world belongs to stubborn morons who never give up and never change.

Al! posted:

you can?!?!

Shields, especially greatshields, are insanely powerful. Guard Counters are literally better than parrying and 100x easier to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i only used two big hammers in ER

smash smash smash