Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Sickening posted:

:laffo:

Is there a write up anywhere worth reading?

it was 4-5 alts that pinged a discord channel when a neut came into their system, a perfidious bottery that resulted in geese losing approximately half a dozen orcas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
getting banned for CBT

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

idiotsavant posted:

it was 4-5 alts that pinged a discord channel when a neut came into their system, a perfidious bottery that resulted in geese losing approximately half a dozen orcas

Think how many orcas would have been lost otherwise, maybe as many as 2 or 3

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Think how many orcas would have been lost otherwise, maybe as many as 2 or 3

given the people who lost them probably the same amount but it wouldnt have been nearly as funny

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
I am a little disappointed by how ineffective my system was tbh. Also it didn't work for poo poo in catch because so many people are constantly passing through it was a goddamn message parade.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Work harder on the next one

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

idiotsavant posted:

iirc it was one fuckin person losing all those orcas too :cripes:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

"Man this channel keeps pinging. Best mute it"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhymenoserous posted:

It’s more like the tumble down affects that hit other people. I don’t really give a gently caress about botting in eve online because CCP also does not give a gently caress about botting in eve online except when it embarrasses them.

That said if I was running a goon guild I wouldn’t let a botter in just because when he got caught it would cause, well, this.

Ok but I haven't been able to tell from comments so far... its basically just been someone was botting and people on reddit are mad and talking poo poo. If so... lol?

Were there any actual consequences?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

That Works posted:

Ok but I haven't been able to tell from comments so far... its basically just been someone was botting and people on reddit are mad and talking poo poo. If so... lol?

So far only social consequences but who knows how things are going to shake out. CCP isn’t exactly known for their speed. The last time elusif got got a lot of people both innocent and not went into negative wallet which depending on how negative can be pretty bad.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

That Works posted:

mods knew

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The R in Jeffrey stands for RMT

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

Well at least we know how he was able to buy this place.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

you're telling me I have to read the intel channel and push buttons on my computer? I didn't think geese were that kind of alliance wow.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Solus posted:

Wtb SA gold

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rhymenoserous posted:

So far only social consequences but who knows how things are going to shake out. CCP isn’t exactly known for their speed.

Or for being rational or fair or

idk this is more funny than drama but point taken, negative wallets suck and I hope no innocent goons get swept up in that. Pissing off redditors is more of a perk tho imo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

So far only social consequences but who knows how things are going to shake out. CCP isn’t exactly known for their speed. The last time elusif got got a lot of people both innocent and not went into negative wallet which depending on how negative can be pretty bad.

directors start slaving away in the crokite mines 22 hours a day to get the corp wallet out of the red

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
The main difference this time around, and this is going to sound crazy because well. It is me, Elusif, the RMT lord.
I have a real job now and a real life, there was no RMT here. ISK is next to worthless anyways. It really was just, I guess the word is Altruism.

I got to become fluent in a dreadful programming language nobody else uses, and learn some SQL, and the people I helped got to remain playing this game longer (without being forced into a larger group).

When I put it that way I really am a criminal, I kept people playing EVE Online. gently caress.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Geese have taken sov in the South, allied with Red alliance and are now hated by the mass of eve pubbies.

Something something history repeats itself

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Elusif II posted:

When I put it that way I really am a criminal, I kept people playing EVE Online. gently caress.

CCP-elusif III when?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Elusif II posted:

I kept people playing EVE Online.

You monster

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Geese have taken sov in the South, allied with Red alliance and are now hated by the mass of eve pubbies.

Asher wanders onto the eve online forums and posts “There are no Goose” in a perfect historical circle but unfortunately poor grammar.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Elusif II posted:

The main difference this time around, and this is going to sound crazy because well. It is me, Elusif, the RMT lord.
I have a real job now and a real life, there was no RMT here. ISK is next to worthless anyways. It really was just, I guess the word is Altruism.

I got to become fluent in a dreadful programming language nobody else uses, and learn some SQL, and the people I helped got to remain playing this game longer (without being forced into a larger group).

so no rmt just massive botting?

thats fine gently caress eve bot the poo poo out of it

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

RMT is a worse crime than being a grotesque sex pest because I more strongly identify as "eve online player and weirdo" than a "human being"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

goosefleet was a retirement home that was just going to do dumb poo poo until we got bored so we didn't ask a lot of questions about what people were doing ingame. as long as it wasn't, y'know, harboring a pedophile or being a sex pest or generally otherwise being a lovely person, go nuts.

holding sov at all was and is imo a successful effort to stop relying on donations from rich old money goons to run the alliance. you know who funded us the most? solo loving drakban. not elusif.

and then we suddenly got successful by accident, but having not looked gift horses in the mouth before...we kept not asking.

so when things came to a head and i was getting emails from loving reddit about people tagging my username on a subreddit i'm banned from because u/avree thinks i'm "deranged" for wishing minor inconveniences on another subreddit mod, it became very clear: EVE sucks and continuing to play it in the face of all this poo poo was just going to deal endless SAN damage to me.

it was also clear that doing so would damage the ability of other people still within gooseflock to play the game on their terms, and that i'd find myself unwelcome anywhere else because everyone's now heard the narrative that i accepted RMT and helped launder it...gently caress it. if i can't play with my friends, i just won't play at all.

whatever. for those of you on reddit lurking this thread, no i'm not still playing on an alt. why the gently caress would i want to?

Idk why you left, if your existence makes a boatload of redditors mad that just sounds like a great perk to me.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

working on getting a titan fund going next

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Elusif II posted:

Death

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Elusif II posted:

I got to become fluent in a dreadful programming language nobody else uses, and learn some SQL,

Nerd

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elusif II posted:

I have a SWAT team en route to your house as we speak

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

Idk why you left, if your existence makes a boatload of redditors mad that just sounds like a great perk to me.

Getting them mad is one thing but being on the receiving end of an inquisition from a website that is ironically enough is botted to hell and back would probably make me biomass too.

We did it reddit, we caught the killers RMTers

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

Eh eve redditors despite being ultra preachy about whatever nebulous thing they declare doxxing is this week will absolutely and without a shred of self awareness tear someone’s social media to tatters and generally harass the gently caress out of someone. I can absolutely understand her not wanting to deal with that poo poo.

Not everyone enjoys being a lightningrod for negative attention like Mittens did.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Elusif II posted:

I kept people playing EVE Online.

hosed up if true

Aqua
Mar 24, 2004
NukeZone Mod
So this all seems horrible

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Aww this was all Elusif drama? Pfft here's me thinking someone went gently caress goons and stole a load of poo poo and moved over to Goose

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

idk if it already is but you would make like a gazillion dollars if you made these eve threads paying member only to farm the reddit drama ppl

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

hello reddit

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
for only ten dollars, dear redditor, you too can lern 2 psot gud and chum it up with the dread pirate elusif on the something that is awful forums dot com. first RMT is free!

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

40 lbs to freedom posted:

idk if it already is but you would make like a gazillion dollars if you made these eve threads paying member only to farm the reddit drama ppl

WTT 10000 PLEX for SA account w/2012 reg date

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I bet there isn't a single weird eve pub reading this thread religiously, thinking they're some kind of true goon illuminati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol @ any Karmafleet member who calls themselves a goon