Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1697008175331815816

lol the twitter payments are made up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

Kirk Johnson is a living legend, a master of craft, more dedicated to a single task than Elon Musk could ever hope to devote one iota of time to; just like anything else he does, including raising children, after nearly a year of being Mr. Twit.
Kirk Johnson is an artist and a pioneer.
Elon Musk posts on (owns Twitter) X

He has more talent in one corpuscle of his gaping anus than Elon has in his entire flabby, hosed-up body.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
So twitter is slightly tweaking the ToS to weed out all those woke elements, see if you can spot the :elon: :

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hippocrass posted:

He hasn't posted in a week.

Well, they didn't ask if he posted...

holtemon posted:

https://twitter.com/cb_doge/status/1688709204536680448

For near $20k I'd probably kiss Twitter's rear end all day too lol

edit: All day. Every day.

gently caress that living afterbirth for getting paid to be a living afterbirth.
Literally everything that's wrong with the world.

holtemon posted:

From bluesky

Only the best quality down to the sub-micron level

The loving duct tape on the front corner has me at least LOL-ing. Possibly LMFAO-ing.

Bottom Liner posted:

That's because it's a ghost town.

The stupid idiots tried to mimic the early Facebook days where everyone wanted in, and Elon served them the perfect opportunity to seize on opening it up more widely, but then Threads happened and most average people are going there, if they even still care about that type of social sites at all.

Bluesky is already dead in the water. I have 3 codes but it's really not worth your time. The UI and app are somehow even worse than current Twitter.

Threads has no desktop UI, so it can gently caress right off from the get-go.
I understand that most people doom scroll on their phones, though.
Never mind that threads suspended my account for something. I don't know for what. I created an Insta just to try out threads (didn't want to use my actual instagram) and literally never posted.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mistle posted:

So twitter is slightly tweaking the ToS to weed out all those woke elements, see if you can spot the :elon: :

LOL, good luck making the people who try to get around your "technical limitations" and ban on "scraping" to stop doing so.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's not like scrapers agree to the TOS in the first place anyway

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Grey Cat posted:

E: Actually my favorite is when people quote me with :vince: or :pusheen:

:effort:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

He's gonna start paying people in the creator program with monopoly money.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Darchangel posted:

I understand that most people doom scroll on their phones, though.
Never mind that threads suspended my account for something. I don't know for what. I created an Insta just to try out threads (didn't want to use my actual instagram) and literally never posted.

Oh I was not endorsing threads at all, just saying their timing hosed Bluesky more than anything.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

The "eggies" in the top-left corner is killing me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Further Reading posted:

He's gonna start paying people in the creator program with monopoly money.
His sycophants on the site will love it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Someone get Elon to hire me to design the cybertruck 2.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

withak posted:

Is the duct tape there because:

1. The edges of the panels are very delicate and need protection until the truck is in the customer's hands, or
2. The edges of the panels are very sharp and people around them need protection from the truck.

*delivers to customer, yanks duct tape off the corners revealing razor sharp edges that cut you when you try to open the door or wash the car or just walk near it with your pocket sticking open so it tears your cargo shorts into neat strips*

"What do you mean, is this not your signature right here? It's your problem now, good day sir"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Would've been a lot cooler if the Cybertruck looked like a warthog

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

man the simulation is slow today im still waiting for those cybertruck pictures to finish rendering

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

yo wtf these are all just from the last 24 hours

I can't imagine liking this

Like I can't comprehend being Elon and having someone just spending his whole day saying stuff like this about me, and thinking "hmmyes, this is the good life. Keep those compliments coming!"

I would be so mortified I would hurl myself into an open sewer. YOU ARE EMBARRASSING YOURSELF FAR MORE THAN ME AND I AM PRETTY drat EMBARRASSED

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
DogeDesigner is one of the biggest simps I've ever seen, Jesus.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

guy is getting paid to post about his good friend Elon Musk

living the dream

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ben shapino posted:

guy is getting paid to post about his good friend Elon Musk

living the dream

His gimmick is somehow less pathetic than yours

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
People must be rushing to put AI simp bots online so they can "generate passive income!!!" from Elon's pathetic ego.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mistle posted:

Those dang dirty scrapers!! :argh:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bottom Liner posted:

His gimmick is somehow less pathetic than yours

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Darchangel posted:

It didn't, but it does now.

https://www.threads.net/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

lol you STILL have to install the loving app to authenticate

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wake me when threads allows me post my rear end.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

holtemon posted:

From bluesky

Only the best quality down to the sub-micron level

some more pics. lmao on the focus on the duct tape repair or whatever the heck that is

https://twitter.com/Tevin256344041/status/1696785592716235258

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Are they even delivering those to anyone, or are they just rolling a few existing models around to make it look like production's chugging along?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are they even delivering those to anyone, or are they just rolling a few existing models around to make it look like production's chugging along?

There has never been a picture with more than 3 at one time

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

can't wait to put my retirement savings in X the everything app

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

still lol every time i see a photo of the real cybrtruk

imagine if they had just built a normal looking electric truck with a traditional design and materials. could've cranked that out years ago and taken full advantage of their supply chain lead and sold a ton by now.

the opportunity cost to make such an obvious flop is nuts

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bad Purchase posted:

still lol every time i see a photo of the real cybrtruk

imagine if they had just built a normal looking electric truck with a traditional design and materials. could've cranked that out years ago and taken full advantage of their supply chain lead and sold a ton by now.

the opportunity cost to make such an obvious flop is nuts

Yeah why not just build an electric truck that uses the payload for batteries and give it a range of like 1200 miles idiot rear end Elon. He gotta haul his fatass gran-nan around in the back tho.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

kazil posted:

You'd think ol' Musky would be all about states rights

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kazil posted:

Some time back thanks to a bunch of lobbying, banks were allowed to offer credit cards across state lines instead of the previous rules that required meeting usury regulations in each state. Banks promptly moved all of their credit card operations to South Dakota while conveniently getting heavily involved in the politics of that state to roll back usury laws and regulations. Within a few years, pretty much anyone getting a credit card would be dealing with the least consumer friendly laws available in the country as a result.

If you (non-specific you, not Kazil) read that and thought that was a good outcome that should be repeated, congratulations you are a dick.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The DOJ and SEC are investigating Elmo over his Glass Onion Groverhaus
https://archive.is/wYXKL

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Croccers posted:

I remember after the dog name white-washing thing looking into him a bit more and I was soured on it :( He's not some evil tech bro (no idea if he's done anything past '18) but meh, privileged white kid origin stories bum me out.

Dropped out of a degree in Golf Course Management once he realized he could monetize the dogs, started working from his parent's house, etc.
https://money.com/weratedogs-matt-nelson-interview/

They're good dogs Brent.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

MysticalMachineGun posted:

You'd think ol' Musky would be all about states rights

government = regulations = bad = consumer protections = hell on earth

Right wing 101

Of course when you're a fascist, you never have to be logically consistent. That's only for suckers and losers

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some time back thanks to a bunch of lobbying, banks were allowed to offer credit cards across state lines instead of the previous rules that required meeting usury regulations in each state. Banks promptly moved all of their credit card operations to South Dakota while conveniently getting heavily involved in the politics of that state to roll back usury laws and regulations. Within a few years, pretty much anyone getting a credit card would be dealing with the least consumer friendly laws available in the country as a result.

If you (non-specific you, not Kazil) read that and thought that was a good outcome that should be repeated, congratulations you are a dick.

is that the era where jokes about dogs, kids, and dead people getting credit cards came from?

also I wonder if that one bank that does a ton of store credit cards is HQed in SD.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

kazil posted:

brb giving 50 state AGs the power to rake my naked body over the coals

Why do they gotta make it so difficult to attest that I understand that I'll be bound by the complex regulations of each state (sigh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Paying forward

bsky-social-wehyp-s6et2