Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Didn't really look like a Mann film until that driving at night scene half way through the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Our latest FNAF trailer went out this morning.

https://twitter.com/FNAFMovie/status/1696960894440489274

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is all I think of when I think of fnaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdte1bQmaW0

It cracks me up

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

Is this really gonna be a 3 hour movie

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

You guys really have an impossible job on your hands. I wish you luck. That movie looks nuts.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Chicken town rear end trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgB-sI2H-c

I'm into it

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 30, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

confused posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zceSigCGWSQ

This looks like a very very very bad movie. Maybe it's just me, but I was cringing the entire trailer.

boomers are anxious

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

distortion park posted:

Didn't really look like a Mann film until that driving at night scene half way through the trailer

it almost looks like a Malick film at first, DP shot Mank and Raised by Wolves

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

boomers are anxious

I think the biggest issue in the trailer for me is David Duchovny. He's done some great work, obviously, but is, IMHO, pretty limited in range as an actor and "light comedy" is way outside of that range. Meg Ryan seems to still have that Meg Ryan spark, but having a brick wall there would be as effective as playing it off of Duchovny.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I don’t know what five nights at Freddy’s is but it sounds like the fifth sequel to weekend at Bernie’s so that’s what it’s going to be in my head

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The Meg Ryan / David Duchovny movie looks alright for what it is. I think you all just aren't the target demo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

I don’t know what five nights at Freddy’s is but it sounds like the fifth sequel to weekend at Bernie’s so that’s what it’s going to be in my head

It's Willy's Wonderland if it had a legion of rabid fans and a plot

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

smug n stuff posted:

Another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYepvUtYGA

Looks cool to me. Rosamund Pike! Barry Keoghan!

Not convinced by Fennel's bonifides tbh. Her Killing Eve season was arse, and everything I've heard about her version of Cinderella makes me think I'm not gonna enjoy her version of Brideshead (which is the vibe I got from this). Also Elordi's British accent sounds a bit wooden, but eh, it looks like he's there to mostly model.

kiimo posted:

It's Willy's Wonderland if it had a legion of rabid fans and a plot

FNAF has lore, but I wouldn't say it has plot.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 31, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As one of the few people that watched Willy's Wonderland though, plot was "Nick Cage is a crazy badass, let's aim him at animatronics this time!"

i liked it btw

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

As one of the few people that watched Willy's Wonderland though, plot was "Nick Cage is a crazy badass, let's aim him at animatronics this time!"

i liked it btw

Same. It wasn't anything spectacular, but a fun time. Cage showing his remarkable work ethic not just as an actor but also as his character.

I'm not very invested in FNaF, never played it myself, but I'm sure I'll be checking this out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We're extremely lucky that FNAF is Blum and has rabid fans of the game otherwise it would be a tough sell.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 31, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This man must be stopped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9J11FAMRm8

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN71kSL7uEM

No really, what?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

kiimo posted:

We're extremely lucky that FNAF is Blum and has rabid fans of the game otherwise it would be a tough sell.

Is Blumhouse a selling point now? For me they are synonymous to low-budget,.mediocre horror movies, despite producing some gems.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

...ok, a Bollywood Riverdale was NOT on my bingo card.

(I'm gonna watch it though, the dancing alone looks great.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Parkingtigers posted:

...ok, a Bollywood Riverdale was NOT on my bingo card.

(I'm gonna watch it though, the dancing alone looks great.)

I'm probably going to watch it too just because I'm so fascinated how utterly bizarre it is, even by the standards of the Archie franchise.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What standards. Archie is the most free for all anything goes franchise to possibly exist.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I sent that link to a friend of mine who obsessively watched every season of the CW Riverdale show and she was pretty hype for it

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Looks great to me too. Getting some serious Grease vibes (I know it's just from the costumes).

Also I thought the Matilda musical was fantastic so I want more

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eezee posted:

Is Blumhouse a selling point now? For me they are synonymous to low-budget,.mediocre horror movies, despite producing some gems.

It's so important internationally for some reason.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

this looks awesome, americana-bollywood mashup. not sure why its using archie cinematic universe but whatever. really hope it's in hindi/urdu

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ammanas posted:

this looks awesome, americana-bollywood mashup. not sure why its using archie cinematic universe but whatever. really hope it's in hindi/urdu

gonna take a wild guess that this is an attempt by netflix at evading the WGA/SAG strike by using local IPs to bring american interest to ununionized overseas production companies

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What standards. Archie is the most free for all anything goes franchise to possibly exist.

They should get Archie vs Predator made in live action. It literally can't be worse than the 2018 movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In 14 years Archie enters the public domain, that's when things get wild

edit: also woke up this morning to the announcement that Taylor Swift is putting her concert movie on our Exorcist release date and now we have to move up a week and guess who hates Taylor Swift now

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 31, 2023

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I wanna see Clint Eastwood play Old Archie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Disney is cool enough to greenlight both Archie vs Punisher and Archie vs Predator.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

In 14 years Archie enters the public domain, that's when things get wild

edit: also woke up this morning to the announcement that Taylor Swift is putting her concert movie on our Exorcist release date and now we have to move up a week and guess who hates Taylor Swift now

You gotta admit a theater full of Swifties is way scarier than some rando possessed person

he said, knowing full well he was already planning his trip to see the Eras Tour movie

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iG-bliScEQ

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

this movie looks really loving cool. maybe a bit stupid. but that is an all time bad movie title and it's going to bomb :(

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Looks like a Sega Genesis game, but with the 32x adapter. And a game genie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

checkplease posted:

Looks like a Sega Genesis game, but with the 32x adapter. And a game genie.

I’m hype to finally watch a movie that features Blast Processing.

The Creator does what Nintendon’t.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I’ll watch pretty much anything Greg Fraser does the photography for, so I’m gonna see it.

Story looks silly though.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

I've been a big time Gareth Edwards fan ever since I first saw Monsters back in college. Reading stories about the bare bones production and how Edwards did all of the VFX on his own was super inspiring at the time and is honestly still inspiring today.

I know it's probably foolish to overhype movies before they come out but heck, I'm really excited for this nevertheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

The Clap posted:

I've been a big time Gareth Edwards fan ever since I first saw Monsters back in college. Reading stories about the bare bones production and how Edwards did all of the VFX on his own was super inspiring at the time and is honestly still inspiring today.

I know it's probably foolish to overhype movies before they come out but heck, I'm really excited for this nevertheless.

I read this in Patrick Bateman's voice.