Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

this place has great prices and fast service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

dragonshardz posted:

goosefleet was a retirement home that was just going to do dumb poo poo until we got bored so we didn't ask a lot of questions about what people were doing ingame. as long as it wasn't, y'know, harboring a pedophile or being a sex pest or generally otherwise being a lovely person, go nuts.

holding sov at all was and is imo a successful effort to stop relying on donations from rich old money goons to run the alliance. you know who funded us the most? solo loving drakban. not elusif.

and then we suddenly got successful by accident, but having not looked gift horses in the mouth before...we kept not asking.

so when things came to a head and i was getting emails from loving reddit about people tagging my username on a subreddit i'm banned from because u/avree thinks i'm "deranged" for wishing minor inconveniences on another subreddit mod, it became very clear: EVE sucks and continuing to play it in the face of all this poo poo was just going to deal endless SAN damage to me.

it was also clear that doing so would damage the ability of other people still within gooseflock to play the game on their terms, and that i'd find myself unwelcome anywhere else because everyone's now heard the narrative that i accepted RMT and helped launder it...gently caress it. if i can't play with my friends, i just won't play at all.

whatever. for those of you on reddit lurking this thread, no i'm not still playing on an alt. why the gently caress would i want to?

can I have your stuff?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Fajita Queen posted:

It's run by an actual for real fascist so this should surprise nobody lol

Most of the /r/eve mod team is a circlejerk of mods from r/Conservative, r/Republican, r/ConservativeMemes.

It's very cool.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Eve hates women and the playerbase is 96% male because they can't stop harassing the other 4%. Buyer beware.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Eve hates women and the playerbase is 96% male because they can't stop harassing the other 4%. Buyer beware.

yea

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

gotta work hard to get it to 100%. Need that achievement on steam

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

TheWeedNumber posted:

gotta work hard to get it to 100%. Need that achievement on steam

One or two more fleets with the world's most constipated nerds talking about their totally real sex lives and I might be able to get it to 97% :smithicide:

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

turning this bad game into an exercise in applied programming is really the only remaining value to be found in it tbh

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Tsed posted:

Most of the /r/eve mod team is a circlejerk of mods from r/Conservative, r/Republican, r/ConservativeMemes.

It's very cool.

I'll never understand how Swedish weirdo Gorski Car ended up as a r/Conservative mod. The other overlap I get but not him.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Techno posted:

can I have your stuff?

no i biomassed after trashing everything that was in an upwell then got my last sub payment back from CCP amd emailed them to delete all my accounts and data

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ragnarokette posted:

One or two more fleets with the world's most constipated nerds talking about their totally real sex lives and I might be able to get it to 97% :smithicide:

I still remember heading to a fight and half of DBRB’s logi wing self destructing to escape one of his sex stories.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i'm too stupid to understand EVE well enough to even remotely understand what happened but after squinting really hard at reddit and discord and this thread i have decided: it doesn't matter and i don't care

i will continue to hönk

:honk::honk::honk:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zoya posted:

i'm too stupid to understand EVE well enough to even remotely understand what happened but after squinting really hard at reddit and discord and this thread i have decided: it doesn't matter and i don't care

i will continue to hönk

This is the way.

:honk:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

dragonshardz posted:

no i biomassed after trashing everything that was in an upwell then got my last sub payment back from CCP amd emailed them to delete all my accounts and data

Nice meltdown

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

Everyone in this thread so jealous

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
someone fill me in what's giing on

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

someone fill me in what's giing on

Elusif did bot stuff and got kicked out of goosefeet. Then reddit makes it seem like geese were always in on it. Thats basically the source of the drama. Not entirely sure what happening currently, some people are quitting eve, some people are being annoying. Also a new thread got made too and it has already reached 4 pages full of toxic waste.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Elusif did bot stuff and got kicked out of goosefeet. Then reddit makes it seem like geese were always in on it. Thats basically the source of the drama. Not entirely sure what happening currently, some people are quitting eve, some people are being annoying. Also a new thread got made too and it has already reached 4 pages full of toxic waste.

reddits got some mods who've got beef with goosefleet over the mittani poo poo since goosefleet people were the loudest along w Delta about they stuff & the some the mods are in tight with Brisc and he was and afaik still is in tight with Mittani
people have been waiting for a chance to do mmo politics, gently caress em

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

floppyspud posted:

I chose to be annoying, I’m a goon I have needs.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

reddits got some mods who've got beef with goosefleet over the mittani poo poo since goosefleet people were the loudest along w Delta about they stuff & the some the mods are in tight with Brisc and he was and afaik still is in tight with Mittani

Idk if this has much to do with the reddit mods this time, just pubbies being dumb.

I dont play eve anymore let alone as a member of goosefleet, but it kinda seems like internally its not a big deal, just people overreacting and rubbing salt in old wounds.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Rhymenoserous posted:

I chose to be annoying, I’m a goon I have needs.

Mostly the techno person but youre annoying too dont worry

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my favourite was the guy who 100% believed that all of the <GEESE> wallet is RMTed because he genuinely had no clue how an alliance with 500+ members and a dozen corps, with sov in three regions and multiple wormholes could make 300 billion in profit in a year. all because we had enough money in the coffers that we could just redistribute equal shares to anyone who logged in for our birthday celebration lmao

floppyspud posted:

current geese status: the leadership triumvirate has stepped down and/or biomassed, interim leadership is planning how we want to handle things going forward. a four person membercorp quit (which is lovely but they were also like 50% of our alliance's SRP costs so lol). one of our blued alliances moved back to the poo poo end of space (omist) after failing to casually widot us during the first 24 hours of the crisis. a couple people left the goosefleet corp to go do other stuff but we've also recently had some people un-vacation so it's kind of a wash there. our interim CEO is literally on vacation irl right now so he's in the loop but we won't be having our big drat director meeting until sunday.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

floppyspud posted:

Mostly the techno person but youre annoying too dont worry

Thank you so much

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

FNLN enters the chat drama will continue for 20 pages

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

one of our blued alliances moved back to the poo poo end of space (omist) after failing to casually widot us during the first 24 hours of the crisis.

winger?

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!

dragonshardz posted:

You’ll be back

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Fiacre posted:

You’ll be back

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Rhymenoserous posted:

Thank you so much

:D ur welcum

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

floppyspud posted:

Everyone in this thread so jealous

[666] is the most metal of corp tickers

Fiacre posted:

You’ll be back

i 100% will not as there is nothing for me to come back to. i scorched the earth behind me on purpose

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

[666] is the most metal of corp tickers

i 100% will not as there is nothing for me to come back to. i scorched the earth behind me on purpose

To be fair I did that like five years ago and still fought in the last big war. Friends with skill injectors cause problems.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I've tried reading the thread but am still confused: Why did Siobhan quit Goosefleet? :confused:

Keisari fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 31, 2023

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Keisari posted:

I've tried reading the thread but am still confused: Why did Shiobhan quit Goosefleet? :confused:

Because people who play eve think its more imporant than real life

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Because people who play eve think its more imporant than real life

This.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I'm sure it's true but I still don't know. :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Keisari posted:

I've tried reading the thread but am still confused: Why did Siobhan quit Goosefleet? :confused:

reddit targeted a few high profile people in goosefleet when elusif did some botting. siobhan biomassed, corgs quit, d'ceet dropped out of the CSM race. poo poo's dying down and geese are restructuring but out of personal safety the above happened.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

thats what xtrasquishy (sorry for bringing that piece of :barf: up) said and made a huge deal about it, then less than a month later he came crawling right back...

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Keisari posted:

I'm sure it's true but I still don't know. :v:

You can read it all in these threads or elsewhere but basically sweaty eve gamers have decided that they are the RMT queen of all botters or something and theres a very credible worry they wont stop at lovely reddit threads so Sio cut the game out of their life with a machette.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

God drat. :(

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
was squishy the one who had multiple gamer moments on stream and eminent EVE personalities came charging to their defence? I know "EVE personality is a piece of poo poo on stream" doesn't narrow it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Yeah he’s a massive racist