Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

You just know that it's going to interrupt for really dumb reasons and not for actual major news

There’s a 100% chance the feature is serving ads instead of news alerts within the first three months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s a 100% chance the feature is serving ads instead of news alerts within the first three months

It will be this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
personally i can't wait for the "Have the wokes gone too far? Find out tonight at 9 with Wolf" while i'm watching my adventures with superman

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

This reminds me of Anderson Cooper telling Colbert that he read Kamandi: The Last Boy On Earth when he was a kid, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that he’s gay. Heck of a way to reply to being called the Silver Surfer of cable news.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Just waiting for folks watching (some WB movie) to be interrupted by news of that movie being critically panned/a financial failure/the sequel being cancelled etc.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I just want niconico style shitposting scrolling across my screen while I watch DCEU movies, is that too much to ask?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

site posted:

personally i can't wait for the "Have the wokes gone too far? Find out tonight at 9 with Wolf" while i'm watching my adventures with superman

Bonus dystopia points if it incorporates that hideous Sony patent where you have to stand up and yell a related word to make it finish.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Short featurette for The Marvels with the background of how each chracter got to where they are. Most of it is footage from Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and Wandavision, but there's a good chunk of new footage for The Marvels as well.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1697278077544616061

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Heh, Goose riding on Carols shoulder while she Captain Marvel's around.

The one new bit of info from that is Carol knows, or at least has an idea, of what Kamala's bangle is. I'm still betting Negabands.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Story Board Artist for Thor: Love and Thunder released a bunch of story boards he made from earlier versions of the movie.

Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster and Peter Dinklage as the dwarf Eitri were supposed to return, but had their roles ultimately cut.

Jeff Goldblum was originally going to have an entire subplot where he welcomed Thor to the "Moon of Shame" that he had been exiled to and Gorr seeks him out to learn more about Thor.

Valkyrie And Sif were also supposed to be in a relationship and Sif was supposed to have a larger role in the battle of New Asgard, but most of her subplot was cut.

https://williamgroebe.com/thor-love-and-thunder/

Aquaman 2 is also supposedly going to get its first trailer around New York Comic-Con in October - which is only a little over two months before it releases.

Promotional action figures released also show that Ocean Master and Black Manta are apparently returning with new (worse, imho) costumes.

They apparently announced they were both returning a while ago, but I missed it.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 5, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Man, how doomed is that movie gonna be?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I didn't read the names and the costumes look so similar that I thought DC was going to mash the controversy button by changing Black Manta to Sting(ray).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Fangz posted:

I'll be interested to see the trailer when it finally hits. Still pretty wild that there has been 0 promotion for a sequel to a movie that made over $1 billion and they don't plan on doing any until 2 months before release.

There have been press reports about problems, but that technically doesn't always mean the final product is bad.

Honestly, I am still a little surprised that Aquaman was the one DCEU property that broke $1 billion for some reason.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That guy's helmet is really stupid

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe without the actors able to do press for the movie they are holding back the full media push but to have effectively nothing at this point is unusual for a movie this big.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I mean Marvels comes out in November, a month before Aquaman, and we've had at least 2 trailers, stills from behind the scenes and a general idea of the plot. It feels like I have no idea what actors are for sure in Aquaman 2, much less characters and plot.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Lobok posted:

Maybe without the actors able to do press for the movie they are holding back the full media push but to have effectively nothing at this point is unusual for a movie this big.

They specifically delayed Dune Part 2 because of this, but not Aquaman 2. So it is definitely not because of that.

Nothing about the strike stops them from releasing a trailer either.

It is a very weird drought of any information about a movie coming out in a little over two months and it isn't because of the actors being unable to do press.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They specifically delayed Dune Part 2 because of this, but not Aquaman 2. So it is definitely not because of that.

Nothing about the strike stops them from releasing a trailer either.

It is a very weird drought of any information about a movie coming out in a little over two months and it isn't because of the actors being unable to do press.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They're going to release the trailer three weeks after the movie hits theatres.

It will be better than the actual movie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Last we heard it was being utterly savaged in test screenings, right? They're probably desperately trying to cut together something that will at least get asses in seats for one weekend.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
At this point I think the real exciting part of Aquaman 2 is going to be the race to see if it can beat Flash and avoid being the worst DC movie ever.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Fangz posted:

TwoPair posted:

At this point I think the real exciting part of Aquaman 2 is going to be the race to see if it can beat Flash and avoid being the worst DC movie ever.
I have faith in James Wan to deliver an exciting and crowd pleasing blockbuster superhero movie, but I also have supreme confidence in the ability of WB execs to screw things up with their endless meddling.

ImpAtom posted:

Last we heard it was being utterly savaged in test screenings, right? They're probably desperately trying to cut together something that will at least get asses in seats for one weekend.
IIRC the story was that the earliest cuts of the movie were doing fine in test screenings, but then WB wanted less Amber Heard in it, so they kept recutting and reshooting to reduce her presence as much as possible, and every time they did this the movie kept testing worse and worse, possibly because Mera was actually a pretty big part of the movie so trying to cut her out was messing up the plot and pacing pretty badly. They've been going at this for the better part of a year now, not sure why they're keeping at it when it would probably be easier to just recast at this rate if they were going to do so many reshoots.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The way this strike is going I would be surprised if they had any time to do reshoots before a Dec release

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Flash isn't even the worst DC movie in the 2020s

DCs record in general is shockingly bad

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FlamingLiberal posted:

The way this strike is going I would be surprised if they had any time to do reshoots before a Dec release
I mean obviously there's no doing reshoots now so long as they're refusing to deal with the SAG and the strike is ongoing, but I meant if they just made a decision to recast Mera earlier and just reshot all her scenes that weren't just her stunt double.

maybealabia posted:

Flash isn't even the worst DC movie in the 2020s

DCs record in general is shockingly bad
I understand this perspective but also Shazam 2 had a lot less hype and advertisement and honestly it's harder to feel like Zachary Levi is wasted than to feel like Michael Shannon is wasted (yes I know Helen Mirren was in it too). Basically everyone's disappointment tends to be proportional to the hype.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 5, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Assepoester posted:

I mean obviously there's no doing reshoots now so long as they're refusing to deal with the SAG and the strike is ongoing, but I meant if they just made a decision to recast Mera earlier and just reshot all her scenes that weren't just her stunt double.
Isn't that also because of the dumb Depp/Heard trial from last year? Which I think most people have forgotten by now?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn't that also because of the dumb Depp/Heard trial from last year? Which I think most people have forgotten by now?
Yes it's fallout from the Depp/Heard trial. And it may be that WB execs were overestimating the negative effects of the trial when test audiences (and maybe the general moviegoing audience) can't really recognize Amber Heard as Mera anyway?

But again, they could have always just reshot her scenes. With a better actress even.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Assepoester posted:

I understand this perspective but also Shazam 2 had a lot less hype and advertisement and honestly it's harder to feel like Zachary Levi is wasted than to feel like Michael Shannon is wasted (yes I know Helen Mirren was in it too). Basically everyone's disappointment tends to be proportional to the hype.

I was actually thinking of the Wonder Woman sequel because the first one was a rare hit for DC and the second one was actually offensive

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Knowing WB, they may have been trying to replace Amber Heard with Johnny Depp.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

It's such a grim comedy that WB is ruining their final old guard DCU movie to stay ahead of Amber Heard drama that everyone has already long moved on from (and was extremely fraught and murky to begin with), but also very recently put out a massive turd of a movie in which they simply demanded everyone forget that Ezra Miller was presently and verifiably an active criminal menace wanted for numerous shocking misdeeds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ezra Miller played 3 characters in it.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

I mean you can absolutely choose whether or not to give it money for this reason and still, quite separately, judge the film on its own merits

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Aphrodite posted:

Obviously it's a coincidence but it is really funny that Spiderverse effortlessly did this plotline better in like 5 minutes.

maybealabia posted:

I mean you can absolutely choose whether or not to give it money for this reason and still, quite separately, judge the film on its own merits

...what merits?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

mycot posted:

...what merits?

Lol but also seriously a lot of people worked on it who did a fine job. Remember even the suicide squad won an Oscar

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

maybealabia posted:

Lol but also seriously a lot of people worked on it who did a fine job. Remember even the suicide squad won an Oscar

no it didn't

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arist posted:

no it didn't

It absolutely did

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_Suicide_Squad

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Arist posted:

no it didn't

Haha foiled by an errant article!

the suicide squad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thats a different movie

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

site posted:

That guy's helmet is really stupid

Nah Patrick Wilson's head just looks like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

maybealabia posted:

Watching the Flash right now and Keaton's Batman is still fun and Superwoman is alright too. Too bad Barry Allen is the worst and most obnoxious character around.