Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

YggiDee posted:

Either you cozy up to some in-game goons and ask for onions or you start fundraising for a small house and grow your own.

We actually have a medium because we were day 1 Dynamis immigrants and one of our members loves gardening so we have onion access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Important onion note, you need to use it when the chocobo's experience bar shows empty at 0/x at max rank and NOT when the xp bar shows full! You'll waste the onion I think without warning. If you were stabling your chocobo for exp, it won't rank up 100% in the stable, you need to take it out and kill something before you can onion / rank up.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

3.3 down, onward with the story!

And as an aside, I know why things happen but I have to laugh that the plot ignores that I'M A WHITE MAGE MAIN I RESTORE PEOPLE TO FULL HEALTH IN SECONDS AAAAAAAAAAAAA. :)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Health Bar isn't a cardiograph.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pinwiz11 posted:

And as an aside, I know why things happen but I have to laugh that the plot ignores that I'M A WHITE MAGE MAIN I RESTORE PEOPLE TO FULL HEALTH IN SECONDS AAAAAAAAAAAAA. :)

There's a couple of places where you will help out trying to heal people, but it's just a few and doesn't actually change anything.

I appreciate those sorts of things. Every time in HW that someone told Estinien "OMG it's great to have the Azure Dragoon with us" and he looked at my character and replied "you already had one" really endeared me to the guy. Helped blunt his other character traits.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I played a chunk as a machinist, so I had to laugh at plot having me not shooting people anyone sensible with a gun (like, say, the Admiral) would shoot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are plenty of times in the story where you draw your weapon but you tend to immediately sheathe them afterwards instead of attacking. The WoL doesn't respond to most situations with violence because they know they can handle themselves if it comes to that.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I love that all the season questlines prominently feature lalafel named something absurdly stupid like "Nanaji Nonanji" or something even worse, which at that point you may as well name the character in wingdings because I will not remember it at all or pay attention to anything they have to say (MSQ character names are not much better to be honest, literally dreadful naming on a lot of these people). Its also cool I constantly have to watch these things walk around like they have poo poo in their diaper which I imagine is the appeal for a lot of people who choose to play them.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
❄︎⍓︎◻︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ⧫︎♏︎⌧︎⧫︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎📬︎ 🕆︎⬧︎♏︎ ✌︎☹︎☹︎ 👍︎✌︎🏱︎💧︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ 🕈︎ 👎︎ ☝︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎🕯︎⬧︎ ●︎♋︎■︎♑︎◆︎♋︎♑︎♏︎ 🖳︎✆︎ has requested your attention to walk around like a toddler in the desert for a 1 hour questline

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

That Little Demon posted:

❄︎⍓︎◻︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ⧫︎♏︎⌧︎⧫︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎♏︎📬︎ 🕆︎⬧︎♏︎ ✌︎☹︎☹︎ 👍︎✌︎🏱︎💧︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎ 🕈︎ 👎︎ ☝︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎🕯︎⬧︎ ●︎♋︎■︎♑︎◆︎♋︎♑︎♏︎ 🖳︎✆︎ has requested your attention to walk around like a toddler in the desert for a 1 hour questline

:hmmyes:

That is a reasonable request.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Looks like someone's mammet is broken again.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
In better news, the story is actually getting good again and I just saw Moenbryda die who I actually liked and she had very funny interactions with Urianger who I also like

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

I love that all the season questlines prominently feature lalafel named something absurdly stupid like "Nanaji Nonanji" or something even worse
I know this wasn't the point of your post but fun fact: XIV does have naming conventions for each race!

ARR races + Au Ra https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63112
Viera https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/398565-Viera-Naming-Conventions
Hrothgar https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/398566-Hrothgar-Naming-Conventions

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I wish I had known this when I made my character, I used the random name generator and got a name appropriate for a Xaela Au Ra that I liked, but the last name (Kha) but that exact name was taken, so now I have the last name Ka. Then I got to the Azim Steppe many hours later and learned those are tribes of Xaela and there's no such tribe as the Ka :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

quiggy posted:

I wish I had known this when I made my character, I used the random name generator and got a name appropriate for a Xaela Au Ra that I liked, but the last name (Kha) but that exact name was taken, so now I have the last name Ka. Then I got to the Azim Steppe many hours later and learned those are tribes of Xaela and there's no such tribe as the Ka :negative:

lmao owned

but not nearly as badly as that one goon who got the randomly generated name of "Cirina Oronir"

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

this is pretty interesting and according to this, Lalafell are named after nursery rhymes.... huh, TIL.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

In better news, the story is actually getting good again and I just saw Moenbryda die who I actually liked and she had very funny interactions with Urianger who I also like

Yeah

Yeah:smith:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Rapidly approaching the first point that the game actively threatens you, the player.

In a good way though.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

quiggy posted:

Your character could just be from a tribe that got absorbed by another tribe!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Also I am pretty sure that whatever references there are to them in the official materials it's the 51 known tribes, not the end-all be-all of all Xaela. The Steppes are wide, just plop one down on there.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

"We're the Ka tribe. Not the Kha tribe, those guy suck. We splintered off of them a while back, we had an argument about pronunciation and spelling."

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hellioning posted:

"We're the Ka tribe. Not the Kha tribe, those guy suck. We splintered off of them a while back, we had an argument about pronunciation and spelling."

"So you're from the Kha tribe?"
"No, the Ka tribe."
"That sounded exactly the same."
"I can hear you pronounce the 'h'. It's a very distinct 'h' sound!"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

/shout does anyone want to start a Steppe tribe with me?? I just need 3 people you can leave right after

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I love that all the season questlines prominently feature lalafel named something absurdly stupid like "Nanaji Nonanji" or something even worse, which at that point you may as well name the character in wingdings because I will not remember it at all or pay attention to anything they have to say (MSQ character names are not much better to be honest, literally dreadful naming on a lot of these people). Its also cool I constantly have to watch these things walk around like they have poo poo in their diaper which I imagine is the appeal for a lot of people who choose to play them.

Please unsubscribe from this game and delete your sa account

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 30, 2023

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Splitters! :argh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dr Pepper posted:

Why you gotta be hostile to a newbie that hadn't yet read the naming conventions for the different types of people in the game? Please be nice to sprouts.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dr Pepper posted:

Lalafell player spotted

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Lalafell player spotted

And what is the problem with a person playing with a lalafell character

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I don't think 'Tedeleji Adeleji' or 'Nanamo Ul Namo' are particularly dumb fantasy names in a game with 'Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn' and 'Kan-E Senna'.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Hellioning posted:

I don't think 'Tedeleji Adeleji' or 'Nanamo Ul Namo' are particularly dumb fantasy names in a game with 'Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn' and 'Kan-E Senna'.

Those are dreadful as well to be clear

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

None of those names are bad either. I'm sorry something more exciting that "Bob" exists as a name in a fantasy story and that deeply offends you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just waiting for TLD to drag his girelffe rear end over to HW

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dr Pepper posted:

None of those names are bad either. I'm sorry something more exciting that "Bob" exists as a name in a fantasy story and that deeply offends you

uh huh, that is whats happening. you have an excellent read of the situation

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Runa posted:

I'm just waiting for TLD to drag his girelffe rear end over to HW

honestly got wrapped up doing PVP for mogtomes for my stupid collector brain. The PVP is this game is... well, lol. Not very good? Honestly the most interesting thing is Rival Wings which I found 1 match in 3 hours (I am a DOTA fan).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't know if you should speak on someone being deeply offended when you're telling peeps to delete their accounts

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

honestly got wrapped up doing PVP for mogtomes for my stupid collector brain. The PVP is this game is... well, lol. Not very good? Honestly the most interesting thing is Rival Wings which I found 1 match in 3 hours (I am a DOTA fan).

you might want to data center travel to aether for rival wings. i've gotten matches within a couple minutes the few times i've tried since the event started.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

primal is also hoppin' right now for rival wings. if you're on dynamis, well, that place is a ghost town. unless you're hanging with an fc there i highly recommend just hopping to aether or primal for anything involving other players.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

PVP is a thing you do for mogtomes and catbook (you haven't found catbook yet, but it's a thing) and you run it, accept that you have no real control over what is going on, get the tomes/stamp and move on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quiggy posted:

If it helps, it's also canon that the Xaela only fairly recently started writing things down in the Eorzean language, and don't really have a lot of regard for "spelling things consistently".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Crystaline conflict is pretty fun but it's a shame it doesn't award mogtomes.