Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
ACK ACK ACK!

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1696571932676682174?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1696523650634338410

A LADY figure? Is Todd asleep at the switch?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

And it’s at Target where you can actually buy them

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sign me up for both Supergirl and ACK ACK

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Love those prominent pinned joints on a new sculpt still in TYOOL 2023. Never change, Todd. You're saving me thousands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snake Mountain is just sitting at home waiting for me. Summer break ending blows.

Edit: Snake Mountain rules.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 30, 2023

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Got another one. This guy has 4 sets of hands and the question mark cane. Somehow it was still 20 bucks, compared to Todd's "collectors" figures that are 30 bucks.

Yeah that Riddler looks fantastic, he’s so drat tempting. Conversely I got the Alan Scott in today and he’s merely ok at best. $30 and he gets a lantern and flame effect, and a great big display stand for the included collectible card! :jerkbag:

Make no mistake, he’s the best Alan Scott ever outside of the 12 inch DC Direct one, but he still kinda sucks. Restricted hip articulation posing is awkward, his ring is on the wrong hand and the other one is a trigger finger hand, stumpy chest and hunched neck, limited accessories and inflated price. Jay Garrick set a high bar for accessories and articulation vs price that Todd decided not to live up to.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joe Fisto posted:

Got another one. This guy has 4 sets of hands and the question mark cane. Somehow it was still 20 bucks, compared to Todd's "collectors" figures that are 30 bucks.

Is that the Riddler from when he was hulked out on Venom?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Back up

https://x.com/preterniadotcom/status/1696819798825451628?s=46

Got my hulk and spidey pack and they were abused on the way here.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Yeah that Riddler looks fantastic, he’s so drat tempting. Conversely I got the Alan Scott in today and he’s merely ok at best. $30 and he gets a lantern and flame effect, and a great big display stand for the included collectible card! :jerkbag:

Make no mistake, he’s the best Alan Scott ever outside of the 12 inch DC Direct one, but he still kinda sucks. Restricted hip articulation posing is awkward, his ring is on the wrong hand and the other one is a trigger finger hand, stumpy chest and hunched neck, limited accessories and inflated price. Jay Garrick set a high bar for accessories and articulation vs price that Todd decided not to live up to.

I want the Alan Scott but I have absolutely no need for the stand that apparently costs 10 bux. I don't keep the cards, so if I do get Scott I guess the 10 dollar stand will just go in the garbate.

Timby posted:

Is that the Riddler from when he was hulked out on Venom?

It's buff Riddler from the Harley Quinn cartoon (not really)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well I hope it doesn't awaken anything in me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I preordered all the BS Ahsoka stuff. After the shows over and the hype is gone I will probably cancel most of it. Collecting is fun!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well I hope it doesn't awaken anything in me.

Too late!

As far as I know, that Riddler is based on the SuperPowers Riddler. I need to paint a Green Lantern ring hand purple so he is more toy accurate.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 30, 2023

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Reviewers got their hands on the InArt Gandalf and I have to say I’m sad I passed it up. It makes my Asmus Crown Gandalf look cheap by comparison. I’m glad to have their Aragorn on preorder but I’m afraid it will make the rest of my LOTR collection look really bad on the shelf next to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iFmdwVz7A

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 30, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Walmart is starting to ship BuckyCap, Joe Fixit and the Spiderman/Morbius pack. I ordered a Bucky today and its been marked shipped, my preorder was still "pending" so I canceled that one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got Fixit yesterday and Buckycap is out for delivery

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

I got Fixit yesterday and Buckycap is out for delivery

Fixit is still pending for me. Walmart is a great retailer.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Just when I ordered a complete set of the Fixit BAF parts…

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Good grief, FedEx really are beyond hopeless aren't they? Just stunned at how they turned a simple delivery into a complete loving saga. ANYWAY.

Ben is here and he's awesome. Will get the rest of the boys out to hang with him tomorrow but for now, here he is.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Good grief, FedEx really are beyond hopeless aren't they? Just stunned at how they turned a simple delivery into a complete loving saga. ANYWAY.

I’m pretty sure a 12-year-old golden retriever is in charge of day to day operations at FedEx.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Fixit is still pending for me. Walmart is a great retailer.

I lied, I got Buckycap yesterday (I hadn't actually opened the box) and Joe got here today.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

How were your walmart dolls packed? Mine were just, well, not.

Edit: must be regional. Mine were so beat up in basically nothing that I actually complained for a refund. I normally wouldn’t care but nuts to Walmart.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 30, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty well! Joe came in what appears to be a custom-sized box, which was good as long as nothing happened along the way. Bucky was in a good-sized box with sufficient stuffing. Better than what I've gotten from Amazon.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Cobra Valkyries were in stock for two whole days and now sold out. I had to cancel my preorder due to budget issues and I was gonna grab them when my paycheck this week deposited…an hour after selling out :sigh:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sanschel posted:

Cobra Valkyries were in stock for two whole days and now sold out. I had to cancel my preorder due to budget issues and I was gonna grab them when my paycheck this week deposited…an hour after selling out :sigh:

Of all their lines Joe is the one they need to make
more of. Just the army builders. I can’t imagine a whole bunch of unsold stock if they made more.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Truth, keep the army builders flowing. That said, I’ll take this as a lesson about budgeting for future Pulse exclusives, and fingers crossed Valkyries and Eels get a decent sized restock in the next few months.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally got Echo! Looks good with Hunter, can't wait to complete the team

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/181738?o=1

G.I. Joe Classified Series Cobra B.A.T. is on sale today at BBTS for $19.99.

I don't collect the line so I don't know if this is a good deal but I thought I'd pass it along.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Black Spooder-Man, Spooder-Man, and Red Spooder-Man.

Noo Yoik must be the safest city in the world with these guys around.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

My Cobra Valkyrie set arrived today. They’re great. I need more of them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Despite my gripes about Alan, these two look great together:

Keep those JSA coming, Todd

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got those bootleg 2012 Ninja Turtles from eBay today.

They're overall a lot worse than I expected. The joints are wobbly, the mold lines are rough, and the paint apps are lazy, but that's to be expected, really. Every part, including the belts, is molded from rock hard plastic, so you can't put their weapons in their hands without heating them up. They also have a weird, strong chemical odor about them.

But the biggest issue is that they're not proper reproductions of the original figures. One of the best things about those figures was that they gave each turtle a unique body type, and these knock-offs have them all on the same body molded in different colors. I would have to dig up the originals to figure out which body, but I'm guessing Leo because he was sort of the basic medium build guy. Don was tall and slim, Raph was big and bulky, Mikey was more petite.

So anyway, these could be beaten into shape enough to give them a nice paint job as I had intended, but it's not really worth it when they got the bodies all wrong. I probably will just go back to plan A and repaint the originals someday. These ones I can give to my kid to mess around with... after a thorough wash.

Still not a terrible deal, $15 shipped for four passable TMNT knockoffs with accessories. It was worth a shot!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

More Marvel Legends coming to Target! A nice all-white Moon Knight and I guess another another 1st appearance Spider-Man? I feel like they just did one. Oh well, you can never have too many spider-Mans I guess.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1697611869152796762

I will probably buy that Moon Knight.

Edit: Seems like Moon Knight is pretty much a reissue of the Walgreens one from a few years ago, but it has two advantages:
* No ugly paint washes
* Not $70 on the secondary market
*Double edit: The retro card is cool too, if that's your thing

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 1, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Trubble Bubble shipping soon from Pulse!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Wish Moon Knight for updated to a painless buck, but I like this monochrome looke the best. Still waiting on a Mr. knight.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If anyone else here likes the retro Super Powers figures, more got announced and went up for order today.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1697645740305133686?s=20

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1697645164037124445?s=20

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I guess these are no longer Walmart exclusive? Was that announced anywhere? Also, saw that peacemaker and for a second thought it was Orion. I'd love Kirby New Gods in this style!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I guess these are no longer Walmart exclusive? Was that announced anywhere? Also, saw that peacemaker and for a second thought it was Orion. I'd love Kirby New Gods in this style!

They popped up on other sites starting with the last wave. Same with the Batman 66 figures. They both must've been limited time exclusives.

I'm still looking for the Super Powers Black Manta if anyone sees it.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
My Masterverse Webstor shipped from Amazon!

Prince Adam and Clamp Champ are still saying end of the month, tho.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

My Masterverse Webstor shipped from Amazon!

Prince Adam and Clamp Champ are still saying end of the month, tho.

BBTS told me Webstor and Adam are coming in stock soon. Amazon canceled Webstor on me a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Some ladies

Skellingtons

Bucky

Tim Drake, the 2nd best Robin