Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Wizard Master posted:

how much would you love to give this bloke a knuckle sandwich

there's no punishment you could hand out that life hasn't already given them tenfold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the latest trillbillies was about some of the things going on at wvu, and wvu is apparently removing their entire liberal arts and math departments.

also that school's president is this guy and has a lot of wexner connections

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the latest trillbillies was about some of the things going on at wvu, and wvu is apparently removing their entire liberal arts and math departments.

lol i looked this up and they also appear to be making cuts to sjw areas of study like computer science, chemistry, pharmacy, and engineering

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
All I wanna be is El Chapo!!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Patrick Wyman's dad culture podcast The Pursuit of Dadliness starts on September 5th, LFG

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Aug 31, 2023

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

lol i looked this up and they also appear to be making cuts to sjw areas of study like computer science, chemistry, pharmacy, and engineering

Engineering's gone woke didn't you get the memo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

crepeface posted:

i might be over thinking this, but the way chapo does reading series sets the bar because they (usually) link it to a movement or group, some ghoulish institute or at least a type of guy, it's not just rubbernecking at wacky stupid morons.

This is the reason Guys, a podcast about Guys, is so hit or miss imho

Like of course these random redditors are dumb, give me something with a little more meat on the bone

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

haha check out this stupid YouTube commenter *makes a 2 hour podcast about them*

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

crepeface posted:

i might be over thinking this, but the way chapo does reading series sets the bar because they (usually) link it to a movement or group, some ghoulish institute or at least a type of guy, it's not just rubbernecking at wacky stupid morons.

That seems about right. I'm behind a few episodes but episodes like Rich Dad, Poor Dad and The Secret got a lot out of a pretty simple concept because of how deep the dive was on everything around them.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

my bony fealty posted:

haha check out this stupid YouTube commenter *makes a 2 hour podcast about them*

Like what was fascinating about the deep dives into shock jocks and such was that these were dumb guys who basically should have been relegated to youtube comments but somehow they had multimillion dollar media careers saying the dumbest poo poo you've ever heard

But when its just a guy saying the dumbest poo poo you've ever heard on r/pastafarianism I mean, yeah, that's what I would expect from a reddit about pastafarianism

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Wolfsheim posted:

This is the reason Guys, a podcast about Guys, is so hit or miss imho

Like of course these random redditors are dumb, give me something with a little more meat on the bone

five eight fat thighs with a four by four hose

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Like what was fascinating about the deep dives into shock jocks and such was that these were dumb guys who basically should have been relegated to youtube comments but somehow they had multimillion dollar media careers saying the dumbest poo poo you've ever heard

But when its just a guy saying the dumbest poo poo you've ever heard on r/pastafarianism I mean, yeah, that's what I would expect from a reddit about pastafarianism

or they chose a niche within a niche for "real ale guys" and then spent most of the episode just talking about beer guys because they don't know what real ale is

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lemon party ftw goon sires

https://twitter.com/benaveryisgood/status/1697293175944335613

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

that's right. lol the latest episode about giving birth had me dying

i started listening to hatewatch pod and it's ok, but imo maybe like 1/3rd as funny as lemonparty. avery bros are way better hosts than john and that other guy i can never remember

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I really liked it so I paid for the patreon and they haven't released an episode since

I'm a moron

they release patreon eps once a month, and their last one was 8/10. they only charge $4 a month for it, but should step up to at least 2 eps a month (esp since in their own words, the patreon eps are meant to be more freeform and less research)

i still think it's one of the best new-ish podcasts. i'm sure they'll wear out the topic within a year or two, but no one is going to be upset if they start doing takedowns of articles (like the chapo readings)

i cancelled my long standing sub to citations needed recently cause i just never listen to it anymore. it's a great pod, but their stodgy, npr presentation is too dour whenever i think of listening to a new ep. i subbed to IBCK and 5-4, which have been my go to recently.

darknet diaries is another pod i've been enjoying lately. afaik there's no premium feed.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Xaris posted:

that's right. lol the latest episode about giving birth had me dying

i started listening to hatewatch pod and it's ok, but imo maybe like 1/3rd as funny as lemonparty. avery bros are way better hosts than john and that other guy i can never remember

yea I really have no interest in hatewatch as a concept and devan is easily the least funny of the lemon party boys

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what do the avery boys do besides the pod? jace is mullen-tier funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/AzealiaNews/status/1693572011484717494

congrats to brace for making the list, along with david icke

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

This could have been us but...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

David Icke is 70% right, 30% wrong

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mark immune posted:

Suffice it to say that the moment in my life when I discovered Chapo was pretty dour. I was in my third year of grad school and had given up on any hope of rich friendships with my colleagues. I cut ties with my first group of friends after the “leader” tried bullying me; I was twenty-five and not about to become the victim of bullying or simply part of a friend group with a leader. My second group of friends was just not a good fit. One of them deadass took me aside to tell me that I was being homophobic because I called someone’s cat effete for eating only liver pâté. It doesn’t take much to feel alienated from grad students, but it takes a lot of emotional resources to cope with that alienation for years or to try to figure out the fault lines (class differences? senses of humor? regional personalities? undiagnosed autism?). Living in a rural locale, I didn’t have easy options for friendships outside of the university, so I mainly kept to myself. For years.

Imagine not simply killing the friend leader in this scenario, and instead fleeing like a coward

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

eat their heart and gain their power ffs

command your own grad school friend circle

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

slave to my cravings posted:

yea I really have no interest in hatewatch as a concept and devan is easily the least funny of the lemon party boys

it's not bad, im still enjoying it and there's some good lols to be had. probably will be something i continue to listen to when im out of LPs and other shows.

but yeah devan is the weakest of the LP bunch and isn't strong enough to be the main host of hatewatch and the co-hosts arent good enough to carry it fully either

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

David Icke is 70% right, 30% wrong

Jews are bad but the lizard people are good?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/AzealiaNews/status/1693572011484717494

Need to know who Bianca is and how Mike Tyson doesn't beat her out

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I hadn't listened to The Adam Friedland Show for a while, but I tuned into this latest episode and I did not enjoy it. I bounced after ten minutes, and I get that they were doing a bit, but it was a really boring, unfunny bit.

I've been largely enjoying Hate Watch, but there are some dumb as dogshit political opinions on that show every now and then and you can tell they're pretty sincere. I guess it's mitigated by the fact that, when one host has a bad take the other hosts tend to balk at it, but still. Kind of makes the show hit-or-miss for me.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Need to know who Bianca is and how Mike Tyson doesn't beat her out

:stare:

Majorian has issued a correction as of 09:25 on Sep 1, 2023

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

some real cool interesting characters in S4 BLOWBACK i bet they smell like sulfur and brimstone

demonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWRVyaKnGcA

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This episode was disheartening as gently caress

When they brought up the wildcat teachers' strikes in the region from a couple years ago and the woman was like "Yeah after that West Virginia outlawed public unions altogether..." I was just like holy gently caress this is bleak

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Euphoriaphone posted:

they release patreon eps once a month, and their last one was 8/10. they only charge $4 a month for it, but should step up to at least 2 eps a month (esp since in their own words, the patreon eps are meant to be more freeform and less research)

i still think it's one of the best new-ish podcasts. i'm sure they'll wear out the topic within a year or two, but no one is going to be upset if they start doing takedowns of articles (like the chapo readings)

i cancelled my long standing sub to citations needed recently cause i just never listen to it anymore. it's a great pod, but their stodgy, npr presentation is too dour whenever i think of listening to a new ep. i subbed to IBCK and 5-4, which have been my go to recently.

darknet diaries is another pod i've been enjoying lately. afaik there's no premium feed.

I paid for the year on the Patreon on July 13th and have received one new Patreon episode since.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This guy used to be president of Ohio State which is basically Wexner University. I think he has a bunch of crooked real estate industry friends and likes to convince colleges that they need to redevelop like 2/3rds of their campus and then jet off to a different college once the financing for all that starts looking like a house of cards

QUEER FRASIER has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Sep 1, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

I hadn't listened to The Adam Friedland Show for a while, but I tuned into this latest episode and I did not enjoy it. I bounced after ten minutes, and I get that they were doing a bit, but it was a really boring, unfunny bit.

i'm not sure they know what they're doing. it's amazing how stark the difference is between the interviews and the podcast eps. and tbh it doesn't feel like the 'don't care' era of cumtown like the crossword or penis eps, it really feels like they're spinning their tires in the mud

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
with Bryan Quinby and now Felix admitting to demolishing toilets the authorities really ought to look into the problem of Ogre Americans lurking in the Midwest

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 22:25 on Sep 1, 2023

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Popy posted:

some real cool interesting characters in S4 BLOWBACK i bet they smell like sulfur and brimstone

demonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWRVyaKnGcA

That's a crazy scene. Big dicking the president by calling him by his first name, telling a general to get coffee, sitting down before a higher ranked person. I'm going to watch the full movie.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Dmitri-9 posted:

That's a crazy scene. Big dicking the president by calling him by his first name, telling a general to get coffee, sitting down before a higher ranked person. I'm going to watch the full movie.
yea its good

at the end of the day Oliver Stone may just be another lib, but drat his stuff is good.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

finished the recent Blowback season. it was good but the 40 year time frame made it feel less cohesive than previous seasons which focused on a shorter period.

it was interesting looking at what they covered and left over that period considering it's a whole lot for a 10 episode podcast. at one point audio of a news story about Kashmir is played but the hosts never discuss Kashmir. the Tajik civil war isn't mentioned but Kosovo is. Part of the US funding of contras in Syria gets covered at the very end.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

QUEER FRASIER posted:

This guy used to be president of Ohio State which is basically Wexner University. I think he has a bunch of crooked real estate industry friends and likes to convince colleges that they need to redevelop like 2/3rds of their campus and then jet off to a different college once the financing for all that starts looking like a house of cards

They mentioned he did the same to Vanderbilt and Brown

Dancer
May 23, 2011
hey guys check out this show called blowback

Dancer
May 23, 2011
To clarify, I know exactly nothing about it except the first glance I just had. They might be terrible, and this is not an endorsement.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

:milk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dancer posted:

hey guys check out this show called blowback

lol i think i've seen a few episodes. they had scott ritter the weapons inspector on a couple times. they seemed like the libertarian or "populist" republican type of guy that has kind of sprung up in the wake of the ukraine/russia war and are completely embarrassing to the democrats by being anti-war.