Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Are those real outlets or like ghost-kitchen gpt things?

I don't even know if the real outlets are real outlets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.ans.org/webinars/view-opp2023/

quote:

The American Nuclear Society invites you to a special event featuring a discussion on the blockbuster feature film "Oppenheimer" with representatives from Los Alamos National Laboratory. Led by Lab Director Thom Mason, a team of LANL representatives will take you behind the scenes and discuss the lab's involvement in the film, what the movie got right or wrong, and the legacy and lasting impact of Oppenheimer on LANL.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Finnish guy getting excited over the film about exterminating 300k Japanese people.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
If you watch the movie you'd know the Oppenheimer was actually a pacifist

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Finnish guy getting excited over the film about exterminating 300k Japanese people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

If you watch the movie you'd know the Oppenheimer was actually a pacifist

A scientist making a breakthrough that would help billions, but having the money people swoop I'm to say "no we are going to kill or immiserate billions," is my favorite genre

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There are a lot of action movies with that plot that end with the hero destroy the miracle because it can be used for evil. it is conscious American guilt for the nuclear bomb.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

A scientist making a breakthrough that would help billions, but having the money people swoop I'm to say "no we are going to kill or immiserate billions," is my favorite genre

ah, a fan of David Fincher's The Social Network

he has a new movie coming out soon!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oppenheimer was pretty good but the best version of the oppenheimer story in cinema is the original godzilla where the conclusion is that he should have committed suicide if he had any honor whatsoever

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

finnish guy wishing the nuke was used on the sami instead of his allies in the war

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1696746706183008461

No one involved in this show is trying.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They brought back cgi ai Luke lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imagine going to film school to work on that

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

It's quite stunning how you'd expect these two meeting for the first time in the Mandalorian to be a big fanservice/emotional moment, the obvious payoff you'd have for keeping Ahsoka alive for so long, instead it's just poo poo like this. :geno:

And then you have Luke redoing the exact same doctrinal approach the Prequel Jedi had lol.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

that's one of those pointless walking dead conversation scenes, even takes place in the woods

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I watched all of Mando and despite some dumb stretches overall loved it. Book of Boba Fett sucked but it was short. Obi Wan was pretty decent and also short. And I don’t need to tell anyone how great Andor was.

Last month I was thinking “I’m not that excited but Ashoka looks fine enough” but it’s insane how much my interest dropped in the last few weeks. I just … can’t bring myself to care, and seeing that loving CGI Luke is back is honestly the last straw. Don’t care enough to even lazy/hate watch, plenty of other media to consume.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Aglet56 posted:

frankly, i don't really see a lot of similarities between the viet cong and the rebel alliance. the empire has not artificially divided the galaxy along arbitrary borders, nor is it propping up a illegitimate puppet regime. the rebels don't recruit from the populace (indeed, i don't think we ever see a member of the rebel alliance besides the main characters interact with civilians at all). the rebels do not receive logistical support from a far-away homeland. they are not nationalistic at all. etc.

this mf forgot about ewoks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

imagine going to film school to work on that

aren't the disney in-house VFX workers gonna strike or something

think I saw a tweet about it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ah. not striking yet on account of they haven't set up their union yet (working on it)

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1696200371448823941

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
wait what? wasn't Yoda already old as poo poo by the time Luke met him in TESB? what the gently caress is going on?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

loquacius posted:

aren't the disney in-house VFX workers gonna strike or something

think I saw a tweet about it

They just filed with the NLRB to unionize.

Edit: shoot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

wait what? wasn't Yoda already old as poo poo by the time Luke met him in TESB? what the gently caress is going on?
the Force works in mysterious ways

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

baby yoda isn't actually yoda, people just called him that because they don't know what yoda's species is called

he's A baby yoda, not THE baby yoda

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

His species spends at least 50 years as helpless infants!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

loquacius posted:

baby yoda isn't actually yoda, people just called him that because they don't know what yoda's species is called

They even gave him a name and nobody gives a poo poo lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dont care about star wars

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Nucleic Acids posted:

His species spends at least 50 years as helpless infants!

hell,

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

watched the old white men cant jump, thanks to wokeism you couldnt make a movie like that these days

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont care about star wars

you love baby yoda

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
If you watch Rogue One you'd know that Galen Erso was a pacifist

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

If you watch Rogue One you'd know that Galen Erso was a pacifist

i dont watch baby movies soirry

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

think im going to watch scarface today

you couldnt make a film like that nowadays thanks to wokeism

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Knight posted:

They even gave him a name and nobody gives a poo poo lol

Should have called him Yoda2

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
could you make Tropic Thunder today, thanks to wokeism?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

AnimeIsTrash posted:

watched the old white men cant jump, thanks to wokeism you couldnt make a movie like that these days

aww man, when he lost all his money because he couldn't dunk. sad.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loquacius posted:

His name is Grogurt GET IT RIGHT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

could you make Tropic Thunder today, thanks to wokeism?

screenwriter of tropic thunder penned a Twins-inspired screenplay that's going to star josh brolin and Lord Dinklage lol. I wonder if it will ever come out they shot it years ago

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
white men can't jump gave me a lifelong crush on rosie perez, therefore it is Good.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yellowjackets is another one of those shows like Shameless where I feel like I missed out not knowing about it (though YJ is newer)

Guess I am an out of touch media enjoyer sleeping on all this good stuff, soon I will be a smoothbrained boomer who only watches yellowstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i got bored with yellowjackets partway thru season 2