Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

[video type="youtube"]/live/G0m_uNaSres?si=ZbjGd9pzxvENtwum[/video]

Edit wtf why can't I embed

https://www.youtube.com/live/G0m_uNaSres?si=ZbjGd9pzxvENtwum

Thanks (actual footage doesn’t start until about 30 minutes in just so everyone’s aware). Game looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the levels in mario wonder are really pretty

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Ok yeah Wonder looks pretty good. I wonder (no pun intended) if you'll have to use certain badges to get some of the collectibles. Should be interesting.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Super Mario Wonder looks charming and is just going to lead to the absolute worst fanart in the world, just the worst, an utter abomination against God.

I genuinely can't tell if Nintendo is aware of this and is doing this on purpose or not.

Also, while the online soft co-op looks really cool, I am not convinced that it will not make some stages a laggy mess. We will see, and if worse comes to worse it seems optional.

Game looks real good all the same.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Nabbit is playable too? Sweet.

This feels like a Mushroom Kingdom exposition dump with the new worlds and enemies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I genuinely can't tell if Nintendo is aware of this and is doing this on purpose or not.

Also, while the online soft co-op looks really cool, I am not convinced that it will not make some stages a laggy mess. We will see, and if worse comes to worse it seems optional.

If they were doing it on purpose I'd assume they would have included the Super Crown again so we could get Elephant Bowsette.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

NUH UH

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"spiderman 2 comes out the same day, well gently caress them, give Mario his own websling"

feels like Wonder could just provide swaths of level packs even beyond launch if only due to the maniacal abilities you can use. hoping there's a lot of optional levels that require you to use those skillsets to really test your expertise with them; this is easily the most unique 2d mario in ages and has infinitely more potential than the NSMB ones

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Wonder looks amazing

The way the host said "Daisy" make me lol

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so if a yoshi jumped off another yoshi to gain height and let the 2nd Yoshi fall to his doom, would that be hosed up or what

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The announcer said lay-kitu but I always thought it was Lack-itu

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lord knows how many fetishes Wonder will spark in players, like that Onion article of a boy getting an sexual awakening after seeing Field of Dreams.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Nodosaur posted:

so if a yoshi jumped off another yoshi to gain height and let the 2nd Yoshi fall to his doom, would that be hosed up or what

Who would do that lol that's terrible haha

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

The announcer said lay-kitu but I always thought it was Lack-itu

Flower Kingdom accent

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... wait, is there Elephant Yoshi?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Yoshis and Nabbit can't use power ups

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The character select says the baby mode characters (Yoshi and Nabbit) can't transform.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm MAD that LUIGI isn't HARD to control.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure what Nabbit brings to the table this time though since Yoshi is also invincible but comes with his flutter jump as well

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

They're just ghosts, so while they're realtime I imagine it's set up this way so that nobody's connection quality actually affects gameplay.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

External Organs posted:

I'm MAD that LUIGI isn't HARD to control.

Gotta wait for the Luigi Wonder DLC

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Not sure what Nabbit brings to the table this time though since Yoshi is also invincible but comes with his flutter jump as well

For those Nabbit fans out there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Unlucky7 posted:

I dying think it will create any lag, since there's no collision it doesn't have to be accurate at all, if a ghost is on a laggy connection the only thing that would start still would be the ghost

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Larryb posted:

some people might not want that advantage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Yoshis and Nabbit can't use power ups

Motto posted:

The character select says the baby mode characters (Yoshi and Nabbit) can't transform.

Thank you Lord Miyamoto and your son Miyamoto Jr.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The hypest trailer for the first new 2D Mario game in a decade and like 40% of the posts are about horny fan art. Good lord you people need to be eradicated.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

some people might not want that advantage

So basically a slightly less easy Easy Mode then, makes sense

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ImpAtom posted:

If they were doing it on purpose I'd assume they would have included the Super Crown again so we could get Elephant Bowsette.

Nintendo: "There's NO way anyone could want to gently caress an elephant. That would be insane."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

njsykora posted:

The Nintendo branded ones I believe are just Sandisks, since they have the license. There's functionally no difference between those and their regular ones. I have a 256gb Samsung card in mine personally. Generally anything from the big brands will work just fine so long as you don't get a fake.

:cheers: what i needed to know

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sally posted:

Nintendo: "There's NO way anyone could want to gently caress an elephant. That would be insane."
LOL that a lot of people are missing that they also added inflated human balloon peach and daisy. Ya know, for the more conventional rule34 pervs.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I didn't see a stage timer anywhere, looks like they ditched it?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Are badges single use?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

JazzFlight posted:

LOL that a lot of people are missing that they also added inflated human balloon peach and daisy. Ya know, for the more conventional rule34 pervs.

*activates modern warfare 2 ac130 killstreak*

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Love that they are combining Mario with a system from Hollow Knight

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
With the online interactions, dare I say this is the dark souls of mario

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sally posted:

What of other elephants?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

WHY BONER NOW posted:

With the online interactions, dare I say this is the dark souls of mario

BOTW crawled so Elden Ring could run, so it's a nice for Nintendo to get a return on that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Weird that they ditched the level timer but there’s still a limited lives system (most franchises have done away with the latter by now)

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Larryb posted:

Weird that they ditched the level timer but there’s still a limited lives system (most franchises have done away with the latter by now)

I was a little surprised by that too, considering they removed the timer and points from this one, and lives were already gone in Odyssey. I guess they wanted coins to still do something besides play a nice sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

The hypest trailer for the first new 2D Mario game in a decade and like 40% of the posts are about horny fan art. Good lord you people need to be eradicated.