Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

teethgrinder posted:

I'd kill for more Hardspace: Shipbreaker content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

fuckpot posted:

Anyone else having dramas?

Starfield still hasn't released.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EVERYONE SHUT UP NEW GOLDEN IDOL MYSTERY DLC JUST HIT

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1697250243283427637?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Unlucky7 posted:

gently caress yessss

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Oh poo poo! Golden Idol is extremely good and everyone should play it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that dang golden idol, always with the cursing

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Unlucky7 posted:

Are they gonna keep stealth dropping stuff like this? Love it, that's my evening sorted.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Waste of Breath posted:

Are they gonna keep stealth dropping stuff like this? Love it, that's my evening sorted.

Dev's Twitter says it's the final DLC.

Really looking toward whatever they do next, though.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

that dang golden idol, always with the cursing

casing*

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Awesome I love the Lemurian stuff

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Really looking toward whatever they do next, though.

That is a shame, but I am looking forward to their next game!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Apparently trine 5 comes out today? This seems like a very poor couple of months to try to release anything like this

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Unlucky7 posted:

EVERYONE SHUT UP

HEY DON'T TALK T-

Unlucky7 posted:

NEW GOLDEN IDOL MYSTERY DLC JUST HIT

sorry

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

K8.0 posted:

gently caress :(

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Unlucky7 posted:

I can't remember the last time I pulled up Steam and slammed a purchase immediately after reading an announcement. gently caress yes, Golden Idol rules.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

FishMcCool posted:

Starfield still hasn't released.

They're not allowed to release Starfield until I beat BG3, sorry. I'm gonna need another couple weeks here.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Starfield getting 7s from big sites. Is this the year to play Cyberpunk?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kazil posted:

casing*

case cursing

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How's Shredder's Revenge if I loved SoR4 to death?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
RIP Volition. https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/saints-row-reboot-developer-volition-closing-shut-down/

They haven't made anything good in years, but I like SR3 & SR4 and Freespace 2 is one of the best games ever made.

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord
Ah hell. Guess the PC Saints Row 2 fixed re-release is never happening :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Azran posted:

How's Shredder's Revenge if I loved SoR4 to death?

I had enough fun to play through the arcade mode a few times with April & the Turtles and do most of the challenges. Nice music, fun callbacks, not really technical in the same way as SOR4 but enjoyable to casually mash through for a few hours.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If they hadn't already done a reboot that bombed I'd figure it would be a lock that someone would pick up the IP and make another Saint's Row game someday, but now I wonder if anyone will bother.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

alright I have no clue where you're supposed to pick up that the one loving with the golden idol this time was ______Lavu Mata______

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

so where's the Freespace 3 license

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm having a pretty serious issue with steam rn and I was wondering if someone here may be familiar with it:

I'm trying to play Armored Core 6 but steam keeps throwing up an "unable to sync with cloud" error. Besides being annoying, it also caused my save to be deleted. I tried a few fixes from a quick google search (clicking retry sync, running steam as admin, verifying game files) and even reinstalling steam, which actually did work and recovered my save... briefly, and then started throwing up errors again. I am only running steam on a single PC, no other devices, too.

Is there a fix for this or do I just have to turn off cloud saves and play again from the start? (I'm only a few missions in so it's not catastrophic, but I did spend some time on making a nice emblem...)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Terry van Feleday posted:

I'm having a pretty serious issue with steam rn and I was wondering if someone here may be familiar with it:

I'm trying to play Armored Core 6 but steam keeps throwing up an "unable to sync with cloud" error. Besides being annoying, it also caused my save to be deleted. I tried a few fixes from a quick google search (clicking retry sync, running steam as admin, verifying game files) and even reinstalling steam, which actually did work and recovered my save... briefly, and then started throwing up errors again. I am only running steam on a single PC, no other devices, too.

Is there a fix for this or do I just have to turn off cloud saves and play again from the start? (I'm only a few missions in so it's not catastrophic, but I did spend some time on making a nice emblem...)

This sounds really familiar, I was getting this problem on a regular basis and I had to turn cloud saving off, and I even ended up backing up the saves externally because I was worried about the cloud save turning back on and reverting by local save files.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Man, loving Embracer.

The new SR is like... B-tier gameplay with C/D-tier writing, but tossing the game out after exclusivity and waiting one week for sales before slitting the throat is some ice-cold poo poo. I've just started getting into the open world now past the initial tutorial treadmill, and the bugs were funny again. Last night my game just turned into The Saboteur out of nowhere.

Everything in the city that wasn't my custom palettes or this one streetlight was just monochrome now. Weirdest thing I've seen in years.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Reportedly the game cost over $100 million, I think without accounting for marketing.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I don't even know how much of this to put on Embracer. poo poo has been dire at Volition for a while. They had 3 major releases in 10 years, one of them was middling and the other two were straight up bad.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MiX Next Showcase was today. I'm focusing on what I find personally interesting, since there were a lot of games in there and, well, these posts get too long.

Fera: The Sundered Tribes (2024): Mix of Monster Hunter and village building, by the developer of Star Renegades. Wildmender (September 28): Desert gardening survival, by the developer of Guns of Icarus and Embr. Demo available.

The Devil Within: Satgat (TBA): 2.5D action slasher platformer, demo available. Pinball M (TBA): A new horror-themed pinball sim with tables based on Dead by Daylight, Chuckie, and Wrath of the Elder Gods.

Bish Bash Bots (Oct 19th): A co-op tower defense game that looks more on the side of chaos like Overcooked, demo available. Rugrats Adventures in Gameland (2024): A brand new NES game based on Nickelodeon's Rugrats. Look, I don't know, it exists now and you have to deal with it.

Unawake (TBA): First-person hack and slasher. Beneath (TBA): Of the two horror games shown back to back, this one looked a bit better, though I still roll my eyes at Lovecraft-influenced anything.

Memory Lost (2023): Twin-stick shooter that reminds me a bit of Ruiner but without the intense aesthetic of that game. Free prologue available. Undefeated Genesis (TBA): a superhero game made by students in Japan in 2019, is now getting a sequel with a proper budget and engine. Looks neat to me!

Gangs of Sherwood (TBA): Character-based third-person action game where you play as Robin Hood and his merry pals, by the developer of the upcoming Outcast 2 (yes the old voxel game is getting a sequel). Reality Break (Q1 2024): Top-down spaceship shooter ARPG. Finally, someone other than Drox Operative in this genre??? Got some Chorvs feel too with the spaceship powers. But it is a roguelite, so it must perish. Demo available now.

The Gap (2023): First-person walking sim about recovering your memories, will there be a BIG TWIST at the end?? This Bed We Made (Oct 4th) is an eavesdropping maid sim where you snoop on your tenants and learn about them... it's a neat idea, the demo was a bit too short but I'm intrigued by it.

American Arcadia (TBA): The big cinematic indie platformer that was shown at The Game Awards last year... if you recognize any game from this list it'll probably be this one. Basically 70s The Truman Show meets Prince of Persia platforming meets Republique camera-hopping. Still no date. Spiral (Sep 2024): Story game about an old man remembering his life, this is practically becoming a sub-genre of the walking sim.

Universe for Sale (2023): Narrative game about running a shop on a spacestation and getting to know a cult member among other quirky characters. Free prologue available. Bahnsen Knights (TBA): The latest VN from Pixel Pulps, the developers of Mothmen 1966 and Varney Lake; this is the third game in the series. Demo available.

Die in the Dungeon (TBA): A dice rolling roguelite RPG based on a free game jam/prototype where you play a frog knight fighting cute enemies. Free prologue available (I think?). Wantless (November, EA): Proc gen tactics game where you enter people's minds to heal them and fight their demons.

Cross Blitz (2023): Deckbuilder with nice Nitromey art and an 8 tile vs 8 tile setup that reminds me a bit of Gwent. Looks like roguelite mode is separate so this one has an actual campaign? Demo available. Mad King (TBA): Meanwhile, this one is a faster-paced deck battler where you have a constant time limit and have to work fast. Free prologue coming in September.

CDII: Trap Master (2023): A deckbuilding tower defense game where you place down traps. Demo available. Vivaland (2024): Basically The Sims MMO, where each household is controlled by a different player. The game even has its own Simlish type babble. Lacks the visual personality of Maxis' games however.

Quadroids (TBA) A puzzle platformer where you control four split-screen characters at once. The Tribe Must Survive (Spring 2024): Some sort of village survival builder?

Desynced (out now in EA, Very Positive reviews, $30): An automation game about repairing your ship in orbit by sending robots down to the planet to build factories and all that stuff you expect, including base defense. Planetiles (TBA): Looks similar to something like Islanders or Dorfromantik but with a centralized globe you spin around and place tiles on. Seems like the size of the planet is not super large and so.. IDK, wouldn't you run out of room quickly?

How to Die: A Hope Beneath (TBA): A 3d platformer starring... Rubik's Cube??? Ebenezer and the Invisible World (Nov 3rd) is a Metroidvania where Scrooge is a good guy, for some reason, and you fight ghosts. By the dev of Retro Machina. Demo available still.

Venture to the Vile (2024) is a Metroidvania where you play a boy with a deer mask who has been afflicted with a (terrible?) curse. Published by Aniplex of all companies?? GI Joe: Wrath of Cobra (2024) is the third 80s cartoon brawler revival of the 2020s that I've seen (TMNT Shredder's Revenge, The Toxic Crusaders). The dev's previous work (Monster Harvest) was not very good so I hope they got better. The trailer footage looked a bit sluggish.

TEVI (Q3 2023) The Rabi-Ribi dev has a new bunny girl Metroidvania, with even more slashing and bullets to dodge, but while we're here, hey, more people should try their previous game Last Command!!! The boss in the TEVI footage shown off had a kajillion health but that was probably just for demonstration. The next game was a roguelite that claimed it was a Metroidvania when it clearly wasn't, so I skip it as punishment and instead will show Helltrench (TBA) which properly markets itself as a roguelite and nothing else and looks pretty fuckin cool.

Geo Mythica (TBA) is a top-down RPG by the developer of Adventures of Chris that seems to mix StarTropics style visuals with combat that's a mix of real-time and Arc the Lad-ish strategy. Captain Wayne (TBA) is a really cool retro gzDoom FPS that flies fast and powerful with great kicking and punching action, the demo was really cool. Hope we get a date at Realms Deep!

Kindfolx (TBA) is a card RPG where you fight in real time with a turn bar constantly moving at the top of the battle. Treachery in Beatdown City: Ultra Remix (Sep 13) is a massive DLC expansion of the very underrated mix of River City Ransom and turn-based RPG which TRIPLES the content, with new areas, new moves, new weapons and new tunes.

Just Crow Things (TBA): The dev of Rain On Your Parade is not done ruining things, as you now play a bird that poops on people. Button City: Soccer Days (TBA) is a futbol-based followup to 2021's Wholesomeist Game... and by that I mean it looks like it's for very tiny children, and so does this one.

Cuisineer (Nov 9) is a mix of hack and slash dungeoning and restaurant sim where you get the ingredients for your meals by going out and defeating monsters. The demo was alright. Crash Course Builder (TBA) is a cutelooking 3d autorunner that reminds me of old PC classic SkyRoads, with banger music. Demo available now.

Moonstone Island (Sep 20) is a combination of life sim and RPG, and we now have a release date! The demo was very pleasant, although I can't say I understand the whole "% chance of talking being successful" mechanic. I mean I get it for flirting or w/e but just chatting???

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

TEVI (Q3 2023) The Rabi-Ribi dev has a new bunny girl Metroidvania, with even more slashing and bullets to dodge, but while we're here, hey, more people should try their previous game Last Command!!! The boss in the TEVI footage shown off had a kajillion health but that was probably just for demonstration.

Last Command is insanely good, im looking forward to anything these guys make now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

feels like there has been a billion robin hood games in the last few years

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

like what

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

kazil posted:

feels like there has been a billion robin hood games in the last few years

Robin Hood seems to be one of the more attractive public domain characters in general, there has been one live-action English language Robin Hood Cinematic Reboot every 3 years on average since 1922, and that's not including parodies or times where Robin Hood is featured in a series not centered around him, or stage plays, or etc. That's just live-action movies and TV shows about Robin Hood.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 31, 2023

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

The 7th Guest posted:

Just Crow Things (TBA): The dev of Rain On Your Parade is not done ruining things, as you now play a bird that poops on people.

incredible... wishlisted!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The new Golden Idol DLC second mission feels incredibly dense in terms of events (since you can expand scrolls now ) and I am completely stuck trying to figure out the turn of events. I thought I had an idea, but the main scroll is red, so likely something that I thought happened ... did not happen. Hardest mission for me so far in the game.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

GhostDog posted:

Starfield getting 7s from big sites. Is this the year to play Cyberpunk?

Wait until the dlc comes out, they're making big changes to the game.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

claw game handjob posted:

Man, loving Embracer.

For me Voliton always stood for Freespace and there was absolutely nothing other then Saints Row ever again from then before Embracer and after, and nothing they did even with that franchise was particular outstanding or interesting like the originals so nothing really is lost. IDK how many people actually still are at Voliton who been there back them, but it sure only felt like an empty naming shell for years now.

obligatory Freespace 1 intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPzPPrL62o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

like what

There was that DOA Robin Hood asymmetric PvP game from a year or two ago but until this new one I can’t think of any others.