Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

we live in a society jerry

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I appreciate the goon who stepped up to make this equally amazing version:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Baron of Bad News posted:

lmao

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

floppyspud posted:

Rhymenoserous how does it feel being the only annoying person in the thread now that technos gone?

:ironicat:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Geoff, we need this emote

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
idk whats funnier, the permabans on the freaks or the people adamantly pretending they totally didnt know elusif was botting, like why bother, nobody worth a poo poo actually cares so there's no moral highground

i say this as the person who narcced him the first time and got soooooooo many people hosed because solo wouldnt let me ban him or stop him from spamming jabber, i didnt give a poo poo that he botted i only cared that he annoyed the poo poo out of me

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

its the permad people that are funny but its always good to ask questions

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

dragonshardz posted:

gently caress goons

snoog kcuf

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

40 lbs to freedom posted:

its the permad people that are funny but its always good to ask questions

idk man i think asking questions is what got at least one of those guys permaed

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lmao

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
i think elusif is good, actually

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
deadtear walking in with the hard truths

you might even call him a truther

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
botting and rmt is good you fuckin dipshits

getting free money for nothing is *good* and narccing somebody out for doing it makes you a cop

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

why would anyone rmt when you can just buy isk from ccp lmao

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Furnok Dorn posted:

botting and rmt is good you fuckin dipshits

getting free money for nothing is *good* and narccing somebody out for doing it makes you a cop

No one is saying otherwise you dummy. Everyone's making fun of the idiot claiming they totally weren't doing that.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

also like, things i knew for sure elusif did for money:

market fuckery of faction modules
skillgoo farming
multiboxing abyssals

while obviously in retrospect he did a bunch of those with bots, they're all...things that people can do legitimately as well

this is late but elusif was legit running a skill farm, i sold him a lotta skill extractors this time last year, like 45bn worth
at the time he was unloading quite a few LSIs onto the market, like a bigger stack than anyone else had up, all in one order. i remember talking about it on the gooseflock discord bc it made me back out of LSI trading at the time, since he had such a huge supply advantage competing would waste my time and gently caress up his bag

idk whats funnier, the permabans on the freaks or the people adamantly pretending they totally didnt know elusif was botting, like why bother, nobody worth a poo poo actually cares so there's no moral highground

i say this as the person who narcced him the first time and got soooooooo many people hosed because solo wouldnt let me ban him or stop him from spamming jabber, i didnt give a poo poo that he botted i only cared that he annoyed the poo poo out of me

i know elusif's history but fwiw within gooseflock at least publicly (I never had any access beyond basic member stuff ) elusif didn't ever mention botting, i didn't know he was still & had assumed he hadn't since he'd already gotten in trouble back in the day

he talked about playing very often and someone who didn't know his history wouldn't have had any reason to suspect he was doing anything or think any wealth he had wasn't from legit sources - he was always making bank from legitimate sources in large quantities & understand the eve markets extremely well and is undeniably good at generating wealth in eve without botting. it's a shame he did that, and that this happened

but more importantly he wasn't funding gooseflock. like he didn't fund it at all initially afaik, solo n i threw the starting cash in (i put in 53bn iirc, solo funded it more extensively & hands on) and as far as I can see it was self-sustaining after that, 300bn for a 500 member wh corp starting it with at least 1/3 that in pure funding before including any member assets, that practices any degree of collectivization or tax is nothing. there's 30 person corps out in wh space worth about that much in their pods. you can make 2bn an hour triple boxing poo poo in marauders in wh space lol it's a money flood. i haven't looked way into this situation but so far i dont see where the evidence for any outrage on that end is, it literally was one guy botting on his own.

I know for a fact that imperium had, and still has, and tolerates botting with an unspoken "DO NOT MENTION IT, DO NOT REPORT IT" rule and has its own little botting sub-community lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah they just kept bouncing it with "AESTHETICS" across a whole bunch of variations iirc

e;

this was supposedly the ccp reply
Are you serious

there's a T-Rex, a bee with an army helmet

lol ccp

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

re: solo funding geese, the dude bought so much compressed veldspar from jita at the start just to see what would happen that the price of trit increased noticeably for a few months. he also had so much compressed veldspar he set up a whole logistics chain to pay individual geese per m3 to haul it to our C2 and put it up on the market for 0.01 isk per unit. he probably paid out close to 100b from that alone.

we've still got several tens of billions of units of trit from that.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

re: solo funding geese, the dude bought so much compressed veldspar from jita at the start just to see what would happen that the price of trit increased noticeably for a few months. he also had so much compressed veldspar he set up a whole logistics chain to pay individual geese per m3 to haul it to our C2 and put it up on the market for 0.01 isk per unit. he probably paid out close to 100b from that alone.

we've still got several tens of billions of units of trit from that.

the unbeatable bot collective ruining eve online, everybody :v:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Its pretty crazy that i've had a lot more fun in eve ever since I stopped playing with goon groups

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Every time a CSM member, either current or prospective, makes a thread on reddit I ask them to please ask CCP to make PI less of a bone crushing misery than it is now. How had would it be to save planetary layouts like you can do fits, so the next time I have to set up 66 planets I don't need a new mouse

It was one of the things i wanted to do. Snap together grid or hexes :smith:

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Darse posted:

As the exec of HUNG alliance hopefully i wont be negwalleted for taking all that botted isk in exchange for the catch space and structures.

As the goose who was in that chat with you, you should be fine as the man who bought those is also old goon money

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I had a hearty lmao that someone would trust elusif implicitly, but a lot of the people who are coming in here to make weird jabs at dragonshardz are really loving irritating. The reason I don't go back to eve aside from the fact that I hate the UI and its a dying game, is that the playerbase contains some of the most virulent homophobes and misogynists in existence. I can't tolerate that kind of bullshit and I hope that any mod reading the thread swiftly sends motherfuckers who are posting on the edge straight to the lepers colony, hopefully permanently. gently caress em, and we really don't need them here thanks for the :10bux:

No, you don't got to give them the benefit of the doubt if the argument sounds like it might be misogyny.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dragonsharts

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

FirstnameLastname posted:

but more importantly he wasn't funding gooseflock. like he didn't fund it at all initially afaik, solo n i threw the starting cash in (i put in 53bn iirc, solo funded it more extensively & hands on) and as far as I can see it was self-sustaining after that, 300bn for a 500 member wh corp starting it with at least 1/3 that in pure funding before including any member assets, that practices any degree of collectivization or tax is nothing. there's 30 person corps out in wh space worth about that much in their pods. you can make 2bn an hour triple boxing poo poo in marauders in wh space lol it's a money flood. i haven't looked way into this situation but so far i dont see where the evidence for any outrage on that end is, it literally was one guy botting on his own.

and yet one of the members of the CSM whose sole reason for being there is purely on the economy side of the game says that isn't possible without RMT botting. I think, and this may be a controversial opinion, that Angry Mustache might be a loving idiot

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

and yet one of the members of the CSM whose sole reason for being there is purely on the economy side of the game says that isn't possible without RMT botting. I think, and this may be a controversial opinion, that Angry Mustache might be a loving idiot

he seems like the kind of fuckwaffle who has a penchant for VBA macros and vlookups that makes him indispensable to GSF because nobody else wants to spend 3000 hours learning about the intricacies of excel so they keep him around

frankly and publicly I'm a bit sad that my close homie D'ceet had to drop out over this poo poo because having a non bloc non shitter candidate who actually cares about the game would have been a huge benefit to CSM

there's always next year once the karmafleet mouthbreathers forget about this.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
the first mistake was caring about what anyone on reddit thought

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

IMHO in retrospect the first mistake was implicitly trusting without verifying or investigating, the second mistake was being flippant about it in a corp discord channel, and the third mistake was forgetting we have enemies and running a CSM candidate without being braced for backlash, but that's definitely the fourth or fifth mistake, for sure.

I'm not trying to throw shade on d'ceet, dragonshardz, or anybody else, just trying to do a bit of reflection and learning heh

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

orange juche posted:

I had a hearty lmao that someone would trust elusif implicitly, but a lot of the people who are coming in here to make weird jabs at dragonshardz are really loving irritating. The reason I don't go back to eve aside from the fact that I hate the UI and its a dying game, is that the playerbase contains some of the most virulent homophobes and misogynists in existence. I can't tolerate that kind of bullshit and I hope that any mod reading the thread swiftly sends motherfuckers who are posting on the edge straight to the lepers colony, hopefully permanently. gently caress em, and we really don't need them here thanks for the :10bux:

No, you don't got to give them the benefit of the doubt if the argument sounds like it might be misogyny.

the worst part of all of this is the karma feet turds smugposting about how botting is worse than sex pest poo poo, but idk why i am even surprised its eo

eve echoes geese got the first super kill in that game tho and still shooting racists (there are five of us left)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Is Elusif using RMT money to pay the owner of notable internet forum somethingawful.com to silence his critics?

I have several screenshots that might make you think twice!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

Is Elusif using RMT money to pay the owner of notable internet forum somethingawful.com to silence his critics?

I have several screenshots that might make you think twice!

Can't wait to see this post on Reddit

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

Oh I absolutely got it way worse than just reddit fist shakes. I would wake up to 50+ discord pings, evemails - my csm forum page got derailed and had to be locked by ccp.

It was just too much.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Elukka posted:

I have no clue about overall Goose financials but

Its been fun watching Baculus just absolutely dumpster this idiot for 3 pages. I love (reading about) this game.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Eve

Eve online

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

hailthefish posted:

Can't wait to see this post on Reddit

well about that

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Kazinsal posted:

he seems like the kind of fuckwaffle who has a penchant for VBA macros and vlookups that makes him indispensable to GSF because nobody else wants to spend 3000 hours learning about the intricacies of excel so they keep him around

frankly and publicly I'm a bit sad that my close homie D'ceet had to drop out over this poo poo because having a non bloc non shitter candidate who actually cares about the game would have been a huge benefit to CSM

there's always next year once the karmafleet mouthbreathers forget about this.

drat, vlookups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joyboy
Mar 18, 2021

I'm sure everyone feels the same.

pokchu posted:

i think elusif is good, actually

free elusif with 2 or more purchases in cart