Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I honestly think custom matches with friends with one buddy rotating as the Killer role would be the absolute best way to play this game.

Edit:
What a shameful page snype. Here, have a Clown:

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Otz is live, and it looks like they're experimenting with hiding prestige number in the lobby. Would be good if they made it optional, so you could choose whether to hide yours or not. Still shows up in the endgame summary screen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lonjon posted:

I honestly think custom matches with friends with one buddy rotating as the Killer role would be the absolute best way to play this game.

Edit:
What a shameful page snype. Here, have a Clown:

We do it sometimes when there's 4 of us. It's crazy fun, especially when drinking.

I was playing Spirit once and at the end they were running to the exit gates and my friend kept screaming "I KNOW HE'S HERE SOMEONE DROP A PALLET SOMEONE DROP A PALLET" and of course I appeared and downed him and MORI'd him. Afterwards he, very seriously, says "You all let me down tonight. I'm very disappointed"

Another match one of the guys was close to blackout stoned and picked Myers. We assumed he was Scratched Mirror because he didn't level up at all, but at the end of the match it was revealed that no, he was not scratched mirror he just went down in the basement and couldn't figure out how to get back up.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Oh right I forgot to post my final killers faced Stat tracking.

I started this because I went against 3 plaything + pentimento Weskers in a row and I wanted to know if he was as oversaturated as I thought (yes). Most of these games were NA in the evening/at night, but a few were in EU.
Unfortunately I started this a couple weeks after everyone had already stopped playing Singularity so it's not reflective of the chapter as a whole but I did start a new one with Xenomorph immediately so that one should be accurate.

curiousTerminal fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 1, 2023

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Wesker is very strong, easy to play, and from a highly popular license. He's also the only killer of the top 5 (Nurse, Blight, Mastermind, Spirit, probably Plague right now) who's mechanically simple and plays like a normal killer, so I'm not shocked he's everywhere.

Hell, I fukkin' love playing as him. He's just fun as hell.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Oh I know why he's so popular but I still don't like playing against him and I wanted stats to back up how tired I am of his snarky voicelines. I legit once confused his terror radius music for one of the generics he's so common.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

curiousTerminal posted:

Oh I know why he's so popular but I still don't like playing against him and I wanted stats to back up how tired I am of his snarky voicelines. I legit once confused his terror radius music for one of the generics he's so common.

I mean, him being so much of the playerbase on himself is probably a massive statement on the state of killer design as a whole right now which... yeah. Most newer killers are overcomplicated, underpowered nonsense who get their big fans but not much else of the playerbase keeping interest in them. Hell, Wesker's basically just powercrept Pig (alternate attack mechanics, slowdown baked into their base kit, weird and unintuitive stealth via crouch/larger then normal killer radius) which is probably the only really damning thing about his design. Like, of all the killers released between Blight and now Mastermind is the only one that's really 'stuck' except maybe Nemesis and it's not exactly surprising why.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Xenomorph pretty much stuck the landing too, so I expect they'll nerf its tail to be so clunky no one ever plays it (I already see the whining from the usual suspects)

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
I'll be kinda sad if they hide prestige, because I usually like to tone down my loadouts if I'm up against sub 3 prestige survivors and I won't be able to do that anymore :(

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

DeathChicken posted:

Xenomorph pretty much stuck the landing too, so I expect they'll nerf its tail to be so clunky no one ever plays it (I already see the whining from the usual suspects)

wah wah wah I can't greed a pallet for 15 loops with MFT nerf Xeno

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Mr. Locke posted:

I mean, him being so much of the playerbase on himself is probably a massive statement on the state of killer design as a whole right now which... yeah. Most newer killers are overcomplicated, underpowered nonsense who get their big fans but not much else of the playerbase keeping interest in them. Hell, Wesker's basically just powercrept Pig (alternate attack mechanics, slowdown baked into their base kit, weird and unintuitive stealth via crouch/larger then normal killer radius) which is probably the only really damning thing about his design. Like, of all the killers released between Blight and now Mastermind is the only one that's really 'stuck' except maybe Nemesis and it's not exactly surprising why.

Werf can crouch? That's news to me!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lonjon posted:

100%. I know some people who only play in a group of five, rotating the role of killer. They love DBD, and can ignore all the dumb poo poo and drama in the community. It sounds like heaven.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

100%. I know some people who only play in a group of five, rotating the role of killer. They love DBD, and can ignore all the dumb poo poo and drama in the community. It sounds like heaven.

I do this every week with some friends, we put our names in the spinner and spin the next person who gets to play killer until everybody has gone at least once. It's extremely awesome and I highly recommend it if you can find four other people to join you.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 1, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/g0rejira/status/1697383143525757251?s=20

The hitbox of the Xenomorph's tail is crazy. If you aim high and drag down you can hit over walls. Survivors gonna need to learn how to use turrets ASAP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1xXlYvQx8

Waterlogged Shoe + Scarred Hand + PWYF on Hag is hilarious. She zooms around the map at 126% speed with 3 stacks ahahah

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Survivors gonna need to learn how to use turrets ASAP.

Counterpoint: Turrets don't do poo poo. Xeno is always able to destroy them before they knock him out of crawler mode. They are a minor distraction, buying the survivor a second of time at most.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

destroying turrets seems very inconsistent to me, can you not break them while they're powered down?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Counterpoint: Turrets don't do poo poo. Xeno is always able to destroy them before they knock him out of crawler mode. They are a minor distraction, buying the survivor a second of time at most.

Counter counter point - from what I've seen watching streamers over the last few days they are extremely effective when placed intelligently. The problem is, survivors don't know how to use them and put them right out where the Xenomorph can just tail whip them easily and barely loses any distance. Whereas when survivors place them in unexpected areas the Xenomorph doesn't notice them until they've done the work needed.

I had a super long chase today where I kept dragging him between two that I set up at two loops and he was standing almost the entire chase

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Played TCM with Ayrun. Ama

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Played TCM with Ayrun. Ama

Is he bald?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Medullah posted:

Counter counter point - from what I've seen watching streamers over the last few days they are extremely effective when placed intelligently. The problem is, survivors don't know how to use them and put them right out where the Xenomorph can just tail whip them easily and barely loses any distance. Whereas when survivors place them in unexpected areas the Xenomorph doesn't notice them until they've done the work needed.

I had a super long chase today where I kept dragging him between two that I set up at two loops and he was standing almost the entire chase

90% of survivors put them directly outside of tunnels even though the xeno immediately gets crawling back by going into the tunnel, they definitely seem way more effective near common loop spots where you're not actively going to be looking out for them

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Comfortador posted:

Is he bald?

Sadly I did not ask. I did say "you sound like Ayrun" and when he said "who's that?". I said "just some toxic streamer" lol

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

Sadly I did not ask. I did say "you sound like Ayrun" and when he said "who's that?". I said "just some toxic streamer" lol

Perfect

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1698002891678552173

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Despite her reputation I get the feeling Skull Merchant + follow up skin moves a lot of auric cells. :thunk:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doomykins posted:

Despite her reputation I get the feeling Skull Merchant + follow up skin moves a lot of auric cells. :thunk:

The thing is, she's kind of fun to play, she's just not going to win unless you 3 gen and draw the match out forever. I've had some good matches where I use her pseudo stealth to have some fun.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i hit iri 1 on killer, still feel like survivors play poorly as opposed to me playing well though

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I really enjoy playing Skull Merchant, though I don't go for the awful 3 gen strat.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
I've had a lot of luck with skull merchant without even really worrying about 3 gens. Just holding onto the drones until I need them, getting into chases to scope out their playstyle, putting one or two drones where I think people will run to or will make things easier for to me deal with them later, and especially setting up drones in jungle gyms during a chase so they're forced to commit and get slowed, or they have to bail ASAP.

I do use the addons that make you faster and survivors slower in a zone almost exclusively, which is probably what makes that playstyle possible in the first place. It works really well most of the time though and is a lot more fun than puppyguarding gens.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

i hit iri 1 on killer, still feel like survivors play poorly as opposed to me playing well though

Gratz, I haven't even hit Gold 1 with survivor or killer in the time I've played this game

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I've gotten quite a bit of use out of the pallet auto-destruction when they have a claw trap. Can force some really bad choices if played right.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Was in a TCM just now, playing Sissy, and I got off a poison blow just as Leland locked me into a grapple and it locked me out of almost all interactions and prevented me from slashing or poisoning. The poison cloud didn't go off until after the grapple, which Leland won. I blew the cloud, got knocked over, and that's when I couldn't do anything else for the rest of the match except open doors.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

sissy's poison animations seem janky in general, i switched to her poison execution and two matches in a row it clipped me through a wall where I was stuck for the rest of the match

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Good news, killers.

https://twitter.com/LeesGamingYT/status/1698412138677543184
https://twitter.com/Mastereloadingg/status/1698441483869618637

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Xenomorph is probably one of the best killers I've played of the recent batch; the tunnel system lets you get close in on survivors, the tail is actually not that hard to use, and the perks mesh fairly well with the strengths of the killer (especially the one that tags injured people).

Which is kind of unfortunate because it's made me come to the realization that I might just not like playing DbD anymore. I've recently been getting into fighting games in a big way and it's a lot of fun to see where I can improve and what mistakes I made in a match, but I full on dislike playing killer anymore because it's the opposite of that. You down someone and there's someone in your face with a flashlight, or a sabo running to the only hook in range. Chasing people coming off the hook is a nightmare because you have people body blocking with Endurance or just taking a hit to heal later, since as stated above downing people doesn't mean a lot. I've been able to secure wins but only in the most sweaty, unfun way possible that involves a swarm of people healing and going down and healing again because survivors have no real fear of killers anymore.

Oh, and once the match is down to one or two generators it becomes a game of making the match last as long as physically possible with the gens at 90%.

I could switch to survivor, but the issue then becomes that you have to be an annoying little gnat and do all of the above to get a decent return on a game, because "complete the objective efficiently" isn't enough by a long shot, which means that the game is either very easy when you do gens and leave, or takes an eon to complete. Either way I find it to be kind of a boring experience, which is why I almost exclusively play Killer.

It's just frustrating because I really like the idea of the game but I end up annoyed and tilted on games that I win. And even if I treat it as a "oh well just chill and play normally" it turns into flashlight clicking and teabagging all over the map as the match drags on and on.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

CuddleCryptid posted:

The Xenomorph is probably one of the best killers I've played of the recent batch; the tunnel system lets you get close in on survivors, the tail is actually not that hard to use, and the perks mesh fairly well with the strengths of the killer (especially the one that tags injured people).

It make my game and therefor it's a bad killer.

But more seriously, I've been talking with a friend about the meta&such and one of the tips he gave me is that it's the survivor who lead the symphony, not the killer. They could draw the game for hours on end and still win in the end.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Medullah posted:

Gratz, I haven't even hit Gold 1 with survivor or killer in the time I've played this game

you can definitely do it. 90% of survivors are worse than the bots that replace them. i have like 30 hours in the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

you can definitely do it. 90% of survivors are worse than the bots that replace them. i have like 30 hours in the game.

Yeah it gets harder, I've got like 2100 hours. I just don't play enough to get to Iridescent in a month. Even when I was playing hardcore I'd get to gold max before the reset.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Finally getting to play Xeno and my success in each match seems entirely dependent on how Survivors utilize turrets.

Bad turret usage? Easy 4K, maybe 2 gens completed.

Adequate/Good turret usage? loving forget it, I’m getting teabagged at the exit with zero hooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Finally getting to play Xeno and my success in each match seems entirely dependent on how Survivors utilize turrets.

Bad turret usage? Easy 4K, maybe 2 gens completed.

Adequate/Good turret usage? loving forget it, I’m getting teabagged at the exit with zero hooks.

Tbh it also depends on how fast you are on the mouse because you can tail whip a turret before it pulls you out of prowl mode.