Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crepeface posted:

interestingly, Sinopec thinks China's hit peak oil 2 years earlier than expected.

https://twitter.com/BurggrabenH/status/1697141805974782360?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Brainwreck
Mar 17, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/climate_ice/status/1697357997284921634

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

It’s cool, it’s just a few trillion tons of methane that will be released into the atmosphere lmfao.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just think of all the smaller glacier ice cubs for my cocktails

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s cool, it’s just a few trillion tons of methane that will be released into the atmosphere lmfao.

hello?? tons are heavy and go down where they can't hurt us

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Its ice, its supposed to look all grey and sooty. That's normal.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

abolish ICE

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
[Bad News Biosphere] Abolish ICE

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

FlapYoJacks posted:

[Bad News Biosphere] Abolish ICE

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

the reply guys are at it

https://twitter.com/paulp1232/status/1697381562671665607

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

how do they know it isnt the stake growing instead of the ice melting :colbert:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
This has been posted at me multiple times today, enjoy

https://twitter.com/LeadingReport/status/1697316198264742233?s=20
https://clintel.org/world-climate-declaration/

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
wow. close the thread i guess.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

imma fire up the grill y'all want burgers?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

wow. close the thread i guess.

To summarize

- The climate changing is natural
- Warming is slower than predicted, somehow
- Modeling is flawed therefore nothing can be claimed
- Plants love CO2
- There is somehow no evidence that climate change is making disasters worse, but evidence that green initiatives cost money
- Climate policy ignores cost too much

Wrap it up thread

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
your cancer treatment is going to be very expensive. therefore cancer isn't real.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Phew i was getting worried for a moment.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Are they nobel prize in economics winners?

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Joe is gonna cure* cancer by the end of his term

* cure defined as "no cases of cancer will be detected** in the United States of America"

** access to cancer detection available only to qualified high risk applicants with pre-existing health conditions who have opened a business in a disadvantaged area for three years

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

:unsmigghh:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Just a Moron posted:

One is John Clauser who won it for physics over quantum mechanics and experimenting with entangled photons.

The second is Ivar Giaever, some rear end in a top hat who whines about people saying he can't argue with global warming and now advises the Heartland Institute on science. He won 25% of of a nobel prize 50 years ago for some experiments on semi-super conductors 70 years ago that eventually inspired the person who got 50% of it.

If meteorologists don't understand how weather works I don't really trust a theoretical physicist to lead the charge to completely dispel the entirety of scientific knowledge on a completely unrelated subject.

Same concept of that dumbass geologist I posted who spent the majority of his speech ranting about liberals while mixing in some random poo poo about volcanos and climate change being natural.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Sep 1, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

at this point ill believe anything

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Add peak oil to the list of fake ideas

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Peak oil demand is not the same as peak oil :colbert:

Hubbert! Hubbert!!! Come sort this guy out

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

- Plants love CO2

i knew it!

did they mention anything about mammals breathing too much?

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

To summarize

- The climate changing is natural
- Warming is slower than predicted, somehow
- Plants love CO2
- There is somehow no evidence that climate change is making disasters worse, but evidence that green initiatives cost money
- Climate policy ignores cost too much

Wrap it up thread

I love that, in like 30 years, denialism hasn't come up with a single novel criticism of the physical science basis of climate science

it's all just the same stupid bullshit recycled over and over again, bubbling to the surface like every five years

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

To summarize

- cancer is natural
- tumour growth is slower than predicted, somehow
- bodies love cell growth
- There is somehow no evidence that cancer is making health worse, but evidence that chemo costs money
- cancer treatment ignores cost too much

Wrap it up thread

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

brakeless posted:

I love that, in like 30 years, denialism hasn't come up with a single novel criticism of the physical science basis of climate science

it's all just the same stupid bullshit recycled over and over again, bubbling to the surface like every five years

Bit what if they tried signing another letter, with blue ink

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

brakeless posted:

That's because we live in a post truth hell world where nothing matters hth

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Microplastics posted:

Peak oil demand is not the same as peak oil :colbert:

Hubbert! Hubbert!!! Come sort this guy out

Sorry, we're adding peak oil to the list of fake ideas.

Checkmate, doomers.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
So I'm reading this book called The End of the World is Just the Beginning and it argues against greentech...

...because there's no way to source the materials in time to avoid complete global breakdown in the energy sector. Also, when society collapses and countries can't source oil we'll go back to burning coal and make things even worse.

The end of the chapter I just read:

quote:

As a a planet, we are perfectly capable of suffering broad-scale economic collapse and vastly increasing our carbon emissions at the same time.

Anyway, I think you would love it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i've kinda decided to spend my reading time on scifi and other fiction

we're dead, i get it. what about space glass that makes weird swamp monsters, though, that's cool

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Just a Moron posted:

One is John Clauser who won it for physics over quantum mechanics and experimenting with entangled photons.

The second is Ivar Giaever, some rear end in a top hat who whines about people saying he can't argue with global warming and now advises the Heartland Institute on science. He won 25% of of a nobel prize 50 years ago for some experiments on semi-super conductors 70 years ago that eventually inspired the person who got 50% of it.

If meteorologists don't understand how weather works I don't really trust a theoretical physicist to lead the charge to completely dispel the entirety of scientific knowledge on a completely unrelated subject.

Same concept of that dumbass geologist I posted who spent the majority of his speech ranting about liberals while mixing in some random poo poo about volcanos and climate change being natural.

the nobel prize winners are both physicists and the first person i googled after them came up with this

barry brill is a lawyer who worked for multiple energy firms, patrick moore has been accused of using former ties to greenpeace to accept donations from the nuclear energy industry, blanca landa appears to be an architect and a number of other people on this list are not climate scientists but rather historians, physicists and so on

also wtf is the viscount of brenchley on this list other than the fact that he's a donor to the heartland institute, which seems to be focusing more on denying the fact that cigarettes are bad for you

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

moana posted:

As a a planet, we are perfectly capable of suffering broad-scale economic collapse and vastly increasing our carbon emissions at the same time.

Everything will be cordless, wireless, battery-powered, and charged through the air, with electricity generated from burning sea coal :twisted:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
oh did you think total industrial societal collapse would stop Full Venusification!!?

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Hey I remember this little ol' trick from Covid-19!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

oh thank god, i was getting a little worried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I went to the website, filled in a bunch of junk information, and was able to “sign” the petition lmfao.