Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

HootTheOwl posted:

It's season 6 of a cartoon, now in live action, and every line is a reference to the cartoon and the camera lingers on any shot for an extra seconds or two and it makes the thirty minutes feel like 60.
Add a handful of plot-dumbness and it's bad.
Not the worst, had a few moments, save Ray Stevenson is pretty good.
Love the music.

the two human girls can't fight. the choreography is mediocre, but they make it look terrible. I don't expect much from Rosario cause she's in her 40s and isn't/never was an action star, but if you're casting people who are gonna have multiple light saber fights maybe pick some who can sell it

also the pouty sidekick can't act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

HootTheOwl posted:

That's book of boba Fett, the show about crime lord bobba Fett on desert world. As illustrated here by CGI Luke Skywalker and Ashoka Tano having a conversation about Baby Yoda, resolving a key story element of how The mandalorian and The child get back together for season three of The mandalorian

So... I wasn't sure if Luke was a force ghost or what, but I guess not? Does this take place between Empire and Jedi? Doesn't Luke having more pressing things to deal with then a baby Yoda and whatever the lady in cosplay is?

indigi posted:

the two human girls can't fight. the choreography is mediocre, but they make it look terrible. I don't expect much from Rosario cause she's in her 40s and isn't/never was an action star, but if you're casting people who are gonna have multiple light saber fights maybe pick some who can sell it

Rosario Dawson seems somewhat badass where she could do lightsaber fights. She attacked a wrestler on AEW Dynamite awhile back and kinda won.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

So... I wasn't sure if Luke was a force ghost or what, but I guess not? Does this take place between Empire and Jedi? Doesn't Luke having more pressing things to deal with then a baby Yoda and whatever the lady in cosplay is?

after Jedi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i dont know whats real anymore via-a-vis star wars marvel children disney slop anymore, so someone could easily troll with spreading information like this and it's like still a 50/50 chance it's real

which is more damning that anything could be real, and therefore there is a good reason $DIS is eating poo poo

e: just had a hearty lol remembering george lucas gave sam l jackson such a chump bitch rear end death. still better than disney wars

Xaris has issued a correction as of 00:57 on Sep 1, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

indigi posted:

after Jedi

Boba Fett is alive after Jedi?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Boba Fett is alive after Jedi?

yeah dude he got shat out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

indigi posted:

yeah dude he got shat out

I've missed so much.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Boba Fett just crawled out of the Sarlac, it's powerful stomach burned him but he was wearing armor, both plot and physical.
He then spends some time with the tuskens and it's the most interesting part of the show so obviously it adds up to nothing and goes no where.
Then there's like a two episode interlude that takes place after season two of Mando where we see what happened to baby Yoda, Ashoka and Luke, and baby Yoda decides he'd rather be a Mando than a Jedi and he and Mando fly off to save bobbs Fett.
It's MCU bullshit at it's worst.

But yeah, that's actual like Skywalker with CGI deaged mark Hamill doing the voice

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
As a lot of people pointed out: good thing baby Yoda left because otherwise he'd be killed in the Sequel Trilogy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

indigi posted:

All this too.
But the show opens with the title character playing the world's most tedious action RPG puzzle and we have to watch her rotate every disk and watch the environment light up after each twist.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Totally forgot about the bobby fett show, so not only does disney gently caress up a layup of a kenobi ronin show, they also gently caress up a boba fett crime lord show

They don't got what it takes. They could gently caress up the local weather report

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think the latest season isnt too bad but still lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upj3DaSBZXc&t=187s

timestamped for a surprisingly cogent demonstration of how disney has culturally appropriated basically all european folklore

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

rewatching Spiderverse 2, they should have cut the first 20 minutes. Gwen is at best the third most interesting character in the cold open, and her VA is decent, but replacement level compared to the other characters in this first chunk. it makes me wish this movie was more about Spider-Man 2099

its really funny how much of this multiverse fad basically boils down to hey check out all these really interesting ideas we could do with the characters if we wanted to anyway heres literally the exact same heros journey story weve already done five times in the last ten years

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

That scene is beautiful. It rips out the last bit of authenticity that movie fans clutch too along side their bibles and guns VHS and Lightsabers: live action actors and settings.

Everything is just cartoon animations now, and "live action realism" is just another style choice.

Can't wait for the trend of Bedroom star wars movies where some kid self-inserts himself into a movie over a weekend

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Sep 1, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That Luke clip looks and sounds like an FMV game

why not just use Sebastien Stan he's right there ready and willing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
couldn't they have cast someone hotter as Ahsoka

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yikes

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

i say swears online posted:

they mystery-box'd the gently caress out of the show, it was disappointing. not even sure i finished season 2 since the politician lady's storyline was so lovely. huge potential, first few eps of season 1 were great

Yellowjackets started out really strong and it's going to end up terrible, but Ricci and Wood are shining beacons for Season 2 and make it worth watching, even if it's just to see what kind of trainwreck results from it in the end.

In related news, we finished season 1 of The Wilds and I was like "Where the gently caress are they going to go with this??" so we started season 2, and the answer is "They are going to do the exact same story as season 1 but with a different cast." I ended up falling asleep because I didn't give a single poo poo about all these new people, but my husband said it was okay and maybe I should rewatch and catch up. I can see why I got canned after season 2 though. It was already a ridiculous show and disconnecting you from any characters you might have been invested in was a bold (and stupid) choice imo...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Well after two episodes I'm sorry to say that...I'm kind of into the live-action One Piece? First ep is definitely better than the second but there's a weird optimism and charm to the whole thing that I'm into.

Xaris posted:

e: just had a hearty lol remembering george lucas gave sam l jackson such a chump bitch rear end death. still better than disney wars

No one in Star Wars has ever died from falling off of a high surface, he'll be back.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

couldn't they have cast someone hotter as Ahsoka

wtf

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The new one piece is so dumb. It owns.
I hope they do the whole series and they'll probably have to recast everyone when they turn like 65 and they'll do it in a dumb way and no one will care.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I watched the first episode and it was very good.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/Conchobar2003/status/1695529673545928909

I think this post is as manchild as it's theoretically possible to be

until i read your comment i thought this came from a chick because of the girly looking profile thumbnail and it sounding like something a succgirl would say lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Turtle Sandbox posted:

If they thought the setting could stand on its own we wouldn't have all the cross promotion bs we have gotten from wotc recently.

Also the best stories and characters predate the Planeswalkers they have leaned on narratively so I expect they will just do the avengers assemble vs bolas movie and it will be a poo poo as it is in your head right now.

didnt someone in this thread or somewhere say that the plot of the original magic the gathering is just some epic duel between wizards and the cards represent all the crazy poo poo they can do why cant the movie just be about that

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

That scene is beautiful. It rips out the last bit of authenticity that movie fans clutch too along side their bibles and guns VHS and Lightsabers: live action actors and settings.

Everything is just cartoon animations now, and "live action realism" is just another style choice.

Can't wait for the trend of Bedroom star wars movies where some kid self-inserts himself into a movie over a weekend

i also like the more they flesh out the SW universe the more noticeable the logical inconsistencies of the worldbuilding is

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nichael posted:

Yes that too that’s another good question

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HootTheOwl posted:

The new one piece is so dumb. It owns.

That means it's just One Piece

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

didnt someone in this thread or somewhere say that the plot of the original magic the gathering is just some epic duel between wizards and the cards represent all the crazy poo poo they can do why cant the movie just be about that

that sounds like a dogshit premise for a movie

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

star wars chat is worse than snyder chat

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Zack Snyder should make a Star Wars movie

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I got good news!

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Snyder should have made a Thrawn movie in 2005

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zack Snyder should change his name to Jack Insideher. but he can't cause of wokeism

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

god drat star wars loving sucks

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

there are nineteen new star wars properties a year and eighteen and a half of them are garbage. people need to free themselves from whatever psychic obligation they feel to keep apprised of this universe, how can it possibly be worth it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Doc Fission posted:

there are nineteen new star wars properties a year and eighteen and a half of them are garbage. people need to free themselves from whatever psychic obligation they feel to keep apprised of this universe, how can it possibly be worth it

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

But yeah, that's actual like Skywalker with CGI deaged mark Hamill doing the voice

That's not actually Mark Hamill recording the voice, they vocaloided him.
https://theplaylist.net/mark-hamill-not-used-in-boba-fett-star-wars-20220207/

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Tagra posted:

Yellowjackets started out really strong and it's going to end up terrible, but Ricci and Wood are shining beacons for Season 2 and make it worth watching, even if it's just to see what kind of trainwreck results from it in the end.

In related news, we finished season 1 of The Wilds and I was like "Where the gently caress are they going to go with this??" so we started season 2, and the answer is "They are going to do the exact same story as season 1 but with a different cast." I ended up falling asleep because I didn't give a single poo poo about all these new people, but my husband said it was okay and maybe I should rewatch and catch up. I can see why I got canned after season 2 though. It was already a ridiculous show and disconnecting you from any characters you might have been invested in was a bold (and stupid) choice imo...

season 2 is better than 1 imo. I find the show to be good overall too. My favorite characters in the whole series are the chubby kid who has a crush on the Progressive insurance lady and the little entrepreneur kid. The story plays out much differently for the boys, and at least half the show is still about the girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Some Guy TT posted:

That's how it was for the first few years, but eventually there is a (bad and/or loose) story connecting the cards from set to set. It'd be fun for them to try to make a story out of that era if for no other reason than to see how many people don't realize that the main character (Urza) sucks nearly as much as all of the bad guys.