Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

finally had to tell the folks at The NYC Joshi Promotion not to come here because of the attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1695415661592191283

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's kinda of telling that beyond a few cameo's in the odd Bushiroad anime/mobage Bushiroad itself hasn't done an anime of Stardom/New Japan so I'm doubting the connection

And even if it's their most US led anime projects are...usually not good

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Hmmm, that makes sense.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1696112908373983445

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

yea ok posted:

Sareee vs. Nakajima is must watch

Quite possibly the best wrestling match I've seen this year. Absolutely phenomenal stuff from 2 modern greats.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
fka Rin Rin having a match with a murder's row
https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1696726372755095854

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The look on Mei Seira's face when Saki Kashima was all nice and shook her hand & then declared her next Challenger was Momo Kohgo was pretty great, just devastation at being swerved like that

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

The look on Mei Seira's face when Saki Kashima was all nice and shook her hand & then declared her next Challenger was Momo Kohgo was pretty great, just devastation at being swerved like that

Mei is hilarious tbh. Quickly becoming one of my favourite wrestlers just by making me laugh at her antics

https://twitter.com/ScottEWrestling/status/1696140162701431066?t=PssU9WdqGZO9xw1fZMTTtw&s=19

Caught up with the 5 star. Hanan is obviously very young but she's shown a lot of growth this tournament imo.

Mirai v giulia was really good. Hanan v saori was really enjoyable. Maika v utami was nice and hard hitting.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Good news.
https://twitter.com/_theyaremax_/status/1696711820805906615

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It just twigged with me now that this is at Shinjuku FACE. Stardom book KAIRI only for their biggest shows, GLEAT books her one of their smaller ones. The LIDET guy must just enjoy burning cash.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwi4RQES8hM/

Maki Itoh wrestled in Australia for the first time very recently and used the Commonwealth word to the applause of many, lol.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Caught up with the 5 star. Hanan is obviously very young but she's shown a lot of growth this tournament imo.

Mirai v giulia was really good. Hanan v saori was really enjoyable. Maika v utami was nice and hard hitting.

I caught up this morning too. It's been a great tourney so far but I wish they'd keep the scheduling more consistent for each competitor. Right now it looks like Tora is running away with her block but she only has one match left while the others who are still in contention have four or five matches in hand. I can see why they do this for international competitors who don't want to stick around for the whole tour, but not for regular talent.

Still pulling for Natsupoi!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Not sure when Natsupoi turned into the best wrestler in the company but I'm appreciating it. Natsuko is definitely bringing it for the tourney but IDK how many on the roster could have that 8/27 match with her

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/1697275143674835204

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Natsupoi deserves to at least make it to the finals after the year she's had. To me, the match they should do for the grand final is Utami vs. Poi. Utami feels kind of like the protagonist of the tournament, and Poi would be an intriguing prospect to face her partner Tam down the line for the red belt. I think that match wouldn't have an obvious winner, and it would also ball out of control.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Saw Session Moth for the first time in indie setting (instead of AEW Dark) at the London DEFY show and it was great.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/1697367760391623097?t=p3IlT3OcpDawr5h-PRJPEg&s=19

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

MeiGan rules. Love those Chaos Project vibes!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Stardom announced a few days ago that Natsupoi, Tam Nakano and Waka Tsukiyama were not going to be at a signing event they announced on 21st October - which happens to be the date of Bound for Glory. Nothing official yet but very coincidental…

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The only good NFT(?)
https://twitter.com/kashima_sub555/status/1697536824380629181

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Every time I watch Stardom & see that Softbank NFT ad in the ring I get a little mad. Thought that nonsense was dead by now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I guess SOMEONE isn't part of the Starverse with their own ps1 graphics wrestler avatar to walk around as.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Chinston Wurchill posted:

MeiGan rules. Love those Chaos Project vibes!

It's Mei-gasus :colbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mega Sus Amogus

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Sukeban_World/status/1697610264437277059

quote:

New York, NY (September 1, 2023) – Sukeban, the first ever Joshi women’s wrestling company outside of Japan featuring an entirely Japanese roster, will hold its World Premiere event on September 21, 2023 at Capitale in New York City. Featuring the strongest women’s roster in North America, Sukeban will hearken back to the glory days of Joshi wrestling to present the authentic, hard-hitting, phenomenal Joshi experience.

The Sukeban coming soon trailer, available here, highlights the intense action, anime influence, and world-class competition that Sukeban will offer fans.

Tickets go on sale for the World Premiere today, Friday, September 1st at 10 a.m. ET exclusively via DICE, conveniently linked from https://www.sukeban.com. The main event of the World Premiere event will feature Ichigo Sayaka (aka Unagi Sayaka) vs. Countess Saori (aka Saori Anou), with the winner competing for the Sukeban World Championship at Sukeban’s second event in the United States, to be announced in the coming weeks.

The Sukeban name is an ode to the girl gangs of the 1960s and 1970s that helped bring feminism to the forefront of Japan. Sukeban’s roster features many of the world’s best wrestlers portraying new characters that they have helped influence and create. The company’s four stables, The Vandals, Harajuku Stars, Cherry Bomb Girls, and Dangerous Liaisons, feud with one another to reach the apex of Sukeban. The contracted roster, signed to long-term deals, includes:

The Vandals

Atomic Banshee, portrayed by Ram Kaichow

Otaku-chan, portrayed by Kaori Yoneyama

Midnight Player, portrayed by AOI

BINGO, portrayed by ???

Harajuku Stars

Ichigo Sayaka, portrayed by Unagi Sayaka

Maya Mamushi, portrayed by Maya Yukihi

Saki Bimi, portrayed by SAKI

Babyface, portrayed by Ancham

Cherry Bomb Girls

Crush Yuu, portrayed by Yuu

Supersonic, portrayed by ???

Riko Blondie, portrayed by Riko Kaiju

Dangerous Liaisons

Countess Saori, portrayed by Saori Anou

Commander Nakajima, portrayed by Arisa Nakajima

Lady Antoinette, portrayed by Risa Sera

Queen of Hearts, portrayed by Miyuki Takase

Unaffiliated

Stray Cat, portrayed by ???

In addition to exciting wrestlers added to the roster, the World Premiere event at Capitale in New York City features several elements that will make the event unique:

· Championship Belt, unveiled in New York, designed and created by the greatest industrial designer of this generation, Marc Newson.

· Wrestler costumes and all merchandise designed by world-famous creative director and fashion designer Olympia Le-Tan.

· Hats created by the most important milliner in history, Stephen Jones.

· Finger nail art by social media superstar Mei Kawajiri (Nails by Mei).

· Anime and manga art by fast-rising artist and author Sakana Koji.

Sukeban’s debut event in New York will be followed by further events around the United States and globally, with additional plans to be announced in the coming weeks. With ambitious growth plans and a strategic focus on its content ecosystem, Sukeban is poised to expand operations worldwide and pull from numerous lucrative revenue streams.

For more information, visit sukeban.com and follow Sukeban on Instagram, TikTok, and X at @sukeban_world.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh now they do their press release and reveal all the info when they were ready to do it instead of telling randoms on twitter before then? yeah right.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Huh. I'm skeptical, but it could be cool? I kinda cringe away from anime though. Hope it works out for the talent.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Officially a (Devilish) Vandals superfan

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I see Saori I cheer

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I hope they plan on taping the debut show and releasing the video at some point, I'm still baffled by this whole proposition but I'm also deathly curious as to what the matches and presentation will be like

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anime Josh Lucha underground sure is decision given how Lucha Underground didn't end up working but I'll probably watch the first show to see how it works. And hey I don't mind big home run swings cause if it does work it'll stand out way more

Just like get an actual anime studio to do the anime bits so they don't look like How to Draw Manga/Anime level bad

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm a sucker for weird gimmicky promotions and anything related to sukeban so color me tentatively interested. Loved that hype video.

Though the whole recasting thing gives me Wrestling Revolution Project vibes, which ended up being a thing that never actually happened, so, we'll see.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's very ambitious that's for sure

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not sure how it can fail with the most important milliner in history on board

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I'm interested but skeptical for now at least.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That trailer was pretty bad but the wrestling will probably be good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yea ok posted:

it's very ambitious that's for sure

Yeah it's either gonna be a big hit or crash and burn spectacularly and I kinda of appreciate it for trying something like that instead of something that would just end up being around

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's cool baby. sukeban

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Officially a (Devilish) Vandals superfan

I'm on team Stray Cat.

I like a lot of the talent involved and I hope this succeeds, but the presentation needs some work and it seems like a pretty niche market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I am on Team Cherry Bomb Girls, I like Yuu and Riko Kaiju and ???