Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

A Fancy Hat posted:

And the only way this could be funnier is if Tony somehow threw a punch and knocked out Punk.

This is actually exactly what happened and the cause of the apparent 10 minute delay.

Page snipe. CM Punk is a CM lil bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Joe rules and should have won that match 1000%

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Punk the coolest guy + worth it 1000%

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

It's hilarious that wrestling is such a ridiculous industry that we're going to wait and see if "lunging at" your boss for telling you to stop physically assaulting a coworker is a punishable offense.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

All this Punk news keeps coming in but i’m still :lol:in’ about

Edit: Bread Club 4 Lyfe

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

disaster pastor posted:

It's hilarious that wrestling is such a ridiculous industry that we're going to wait and see if "lunging at" your boss for telling you to stop physically assaulting a coworker is a punishable offense.

It is but Punk will lawyer up and who knows how insane his contract wording is? They're also used to dealing with CBA stuff with the Jags where these things take time to make sure you've got everything square.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Saucer Crab posted:

Joe rules and should have won that match 1000%

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I can't imagine Punk could have been convinced to go out there to do a job

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Get out there and I'll let you do the loving Plunge and pin me"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Joe: "If you don't get out there, I will kill you and your stupid dog!"

Punk: "Oh no, not Ace!"

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

disaster pastor posted:

I'm the territory days it would either get you stabbed or the title.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1697566526143135798?t=LGsKDT5idU_05E0lbBSXyw&s=19

Punk heard Perry's explanation and thought he was making a dig at his excuse for shooting on Hangman in Greensboro.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1697566526143135798?t=LGsKDT5idU_05E0lbBSXyw&s=19

Punk heard Perry's explanation and thought he was making a dig at his excuse for shooting on Hangman in Greensboro.

If it was I'm an even bigger fan of Cactus Jack Perry now

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This punk fellow is sounding very sane. Very much the seasoned veteran who doesn't get plussed about anything.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he ought to get minussed if you know what i mean. not a threat or wish for anything very bad. i was thinking on the level of being removed from a building or banned from an event. don't put words in my mouth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

reignofevil posted:

This punk fellow is sounding very sane. Very much the seasoned veteran who doesn't get plussed about anything.

He's just here to help the young guys get over :)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave posted his summary of the brawl. In terms of new stuff:

Someone who wasn't a wrestler but was there said Tony screamed at Punk to let Perry go, and after they were separated/while they were being held back Punk lunged at Tony (which was around the time the monitors fell on him) and shouted "I quit"
People think higher of Joe now for how he handled things/getting Punk into doing the match
Kenny was the only one who said he was ready to go first and made the offer. Tony asked and Bucks weren't, FTR weren't, Ospreay weren't, Jericho wasn't (especially with Fozzy for the entrance). Few if any were told why they were asked to go first because they knew people would be pissed when they found out Punk did this again, but word spread quick after the discussions
Punk's side is the only side saying he left the building on his own/that he wasn't kicked out

:mrgw:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charmin Man Punk

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I hope they show the tape this weekend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like this one is a work to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm so thankful for this place if for no other reason than I don't think anyone here is actually still defending Punk at this point.

Like holy poo poo what a loser.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rarity posted:

He's just here to help the young guys get over :)

Hey, if Punk does leave after this, just look at how many young people he put over!

He beat:

Darby, Hobbs, Garcia, Lee Moriarty, Wardlow, and Max Caster (admittedly, one of these things is not like the other ones)

And although he may have lost to MJF and Ricky Starks don't worry; he got his wins back later.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

World Princess posted:

I hope they show the tape this weekend

I saw someone suggest the footage should be a QTV segment and I cant imagine anything more perfect now

"ROLL THE FOOTAGE!"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ace Steele turning off his phone and seeing how long he can collect that WFH paycheck before anyone notices he still works there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm so thankful for this place if for no other reason than I don't think anyone here is actually still defending Punk at this point.

Only cause Sydney Bottocks stopped posting

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anyone talk about cm punk saying dusty rhodes loved him and terry funk loved him so it doesn't matter who hates him? and he said owen hart called him in 1997 and said you look cool in that pic with stone cold.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave posted his summary of the brawl. In terms of new stuff:

Someone who wasn't a wrestler but was there said Tony screamed at Punk to let Perry go, and after they were separated/while they were being held back Punk lunged at Tony (which was around the time the monitors fell on him) and shouted "I quit"
People think higher of Joe now for how he handled things/getting Punk into doing the match
Kenny was the only one who said he was ready to go first and made the offer. Tony asked and Bucks weren't, FTR weren't, Ospreay weren't, Jericho wasn't (especially with Fozzy for the entrance). Few if any were told why they were asked to go first because they knew people would be pissed when they found out Punk did this again, but word spread quick after the discussions
Punk's side is the only side saying he left the building on his own/that he wasn't kicked out

lol

also Kenny stays winning, as always

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’ll just be sad for Danhausen if he never gets to tag with Punk.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Like holy poo poo what a loser.

a good friend of mine is convinced all of the punk drama is a work. He was convinced MJF was a work (well, I guess it was? I didn't think it started out that way though), he was convinced the Rosa-Britt heat was a work (because they turned it into one for the reality show, I guess?), and he will absolutely not be convinced that the Punk stuff is anything but a work.

I get why he thinks that but also like, it's very frustrating. He's not even a punk fan, he just has a very serious case of wrestling brain

in other lols, everyone put on bangers for All In because Punk was an rear end in a top hat lol

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1697580398774305241?s=20

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Joe joe joe joe

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
needs a commemorative plate

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Locker. Room. Leader. Behavior.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
s a w f t

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ll just be sad for Danhausen if he never gets to tag with Punk.

Ever since Punk came back I noticed less of Danhausen on AEW. Almost like Punk was forcing him off the card. :tinfoil:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Locker Room Leader

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

The King of (making sure the matches make it to) Television

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Joe joe joe joe

TK was chanting this from under a pule of monitors.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

been saying it for years, give joe all the belts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

nexas posted:

Ever since Punk came back I noticed less of Danhausen on AEW. Almost like Punk was forcing him off the card. :tinfoil:

they're the same person