Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Evading the cybercrimes division's facial analysis with cosmetic surgery and gait analysis by having my genes edited to give me a gayer walk

gay-t analysis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That pre-rendered look is timeless.
Has there been a game that's tried the deliberately stifled key-frame spiderverse animation yet to replicate either hand-drawn or oldschool pre-rendered poo poo?
If not I predict that as the next trend a la cell shading and bloom lighting

iirc kirby's rainbow curse did that to look like claymation

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

Riffing on stuff is fun to do with friends. I riff on games I like too! Sometimes people don't like riffing

like, a few times in the past I've been playing a game I liked, and thought of a riff, so I go to the Games thread about it and post the riff, and people got mad at me because a riff on a thing people like isn't a great way to make a first impression on them. That's why I prefer to talk about games here, with my pals :)

every games thread chooses if the thread is about saying how much you love the game or about how much you hate the game and you gotta stay in that lane or withstand some of the softest, wheeziest blows on the net

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

crepeface posted:

all the starfield talk and fallout talk (in the asia thread) made me consider reinstalling and playing the fallout 4 dlc that i never got around to but then i looked at some mods/images and i thought about the amount of time i'd have to invest in making it not look like absolute poo poo (but still with garbage animations) with a UX from the 90s and it was difficult to muster the will

fwiw most of the fallout 4 dlc is pretty fun at times

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

RandolphCarter posted:

bullshit why do people even care about this game

it's like they're playing the early access version before slabbers complete the game by giving you a list of checkboxes so you can combine the Fat Dong W/Venus Flytrap and the Tentacleussy with your 7-Titty Body

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It’s hilarious that they clarified that you can’t pilot the mechs in Starfield right Armored Core came out.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Augus posted:

iirc kirby's rainbow curse did that to look like claymation

that's interesting, i know people have become obsessed with 60/as many as possible but it would be cool to see more games play around with limiting frames as an intentional storytelling effect like lighting or blocking.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

has anyone said Shartfield yet

It's no Fart Shitizen but it'll do

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

neat so starfield is just a more boring fallout 4 with a grey color filter

guess those rumors that bethesda devs literally don't know how to make games anymore was true

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Videogames are Art.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
some games are not worthy of comment. :ninja:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bro Dad posted:

neat so starfield is just a more boring fallout 4 with a grey color filter

guess those rumors that bethesda devs literally don't know how to make games anymore was true

its a blast op

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

a helpful bear posted:

Videogames are Art.

yeah i just finished ac6 too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I think it was with the Star Warses and Expanse and the swath of other sci-fi shows (Moonbase, Avenue 5, Raised by Wolves, etc) but as is the case with anything with a long development cycle, they've come out after it's already crested and is crashing

Post-apocalypse americana seems to be heating up again with Last of Us, Twisted Metal (surprisingly better than it had any right to be), and the Fallout tv show probably going to hit which probably digs at Todd's ego even more

Twisted Metal show ended up being decent? That had the worst trailer I've ever seen lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i turned off motion blur in starfield but when i spin camera the motion blur is still insane wtf
maybe the dynamic res is taking a dump when it moves fast idk

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why do game devs love motion blur anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

idk but i also turned off all film grain too

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

a helpful bear posted:

Videogames are Art.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Real hurthling! posted:

i turned off motion blur in starfield but when i spin camera the motion blur is still insane wtf
maybe the dynamic res is taking a dump when it moves fast idk

all of the upscaling poo poo and taa can look motion blurry in motion, yeah

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RandolphCarter posted:

does Starfield even let you choose your genitalia?

Al! posted:

no, it lets you choose between masc and fem body types and whether you walk gay or not

Once again, outdone by Cyberpunk 2077 by having a dong slider with two options: "big" and "biggerer".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zokari posted:

It's one of the great mysteries of gaming. Nobody likes it but it's always included and always enabled by default.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i havent gone off the beaten path a lot yet in starfield but from what i played it looks like they saved their most stilted dialogue and voice acting for the main quest, as usual

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Epic High Five posted:

Twisted Metal show ended up being decent? That had the worst trailer I've ever seen lol

yeah it was decent

very low budget so it ends up being more of an apocalyptic road-trip comedy than action series and Anthony Mackie was a good choice for the lead, I think he's better as a comedic actor than action star anyway

it's watchable, if only barely, and that's actually something of an accomplishment

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

loquacius posted:

Not quite, the answer to that question in BG3 is "right away, instantly, the second you meet them" so there's no reason to ask

yeah I refuse to believe a Bethesda game can ever approach the levels of horny BG3 does.

are Bethesda games horny? yes, but in a sort of juvenile way. BG3 is aggressively horny.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I just want a new twisted metal game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont think ive played any game as horny as bg3, ever

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

yeah it was decent

very low budget so it ends up being more of an apocalyptic road-trip comedy than action series and Anthony Mackie was a good choice for the lead, I think he's better as a comedic actor than action star anyway

it's watchable, if only barely, and that's actually something of an accomplishment

honestly that kinda matches the feel that vehicle combat games had when they first came out: kinda low budget, very thin on plot or premise, but janky fun

vigilante 8 will live on forever in my heart is what I’m saying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like i could see people going "yeah yeah whatever bg3 has nudity goons are so cringe about these things" but i was actually taken aback at how aggressive bg3 was

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Al! posted:

like i could see people going "yeah yeah whatever bg3 has nudity goons are so cringe about these things" but i was actually taken aback at how aggressive bg3 was

the mind flayer wanting to gently caress you is what took me over the cliff, that’s just so loving funny

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Without looking up any spoilers or anything about the game I'm going to guess that they just wholesale ripped off the plot in no man's sky and the game ends with you entering the heart of the galaxy and becoming starstuff

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zokari posted:

it's great at hiding flaws in your assets because you can't see anything

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Red Baron posted:

the mind flayer wanting to gently caress you is what took me over the cliff, that’s just so loving funny

is that why it just stares at you right before you kick its head in

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Without looking up any spoilers or anything about the game I'm going to guess that they just wholesale ripped off the plot in no man's sky and the game ends with you entering the heart of the galaxy and becoming starstuff

my bet is

it has something to do with time travel or resetting the universe because the NG+ mode is canonical

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you dont have to spoil wild guesses. my guess is its basically the time travel concept from the outer wilds

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You get to the center of the galaxy and it's your mom who you have been looking for!! Omg. And she's like "now you know the beauty of life. Become starstuff with us and live with the universe" and you do. And then Todd smiles

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

I just wanna worship the SNAKE

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

people in the Starfield thread keep referencing things the Outer Worlds did better. That's not a great sign

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

are they mistyping The Outer Wilds, the much better game?

no, of course not, that’s a terrible sign

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

QUEER FRASIER posted:

people in the Starfield thread keep referencing things the Outer Worlds did better. That's not a great sign

yeah their brains are hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so was todd adopted or an orphan or what