Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

BrassRoots posted:

Hmmm. Can shoot 90 degrees. That makes it artillery right?

Ps, German keyboard is weird. The y is on bottom left.

I think you'll find that makes it a kezboard.

Sashimi posted:

Flying a drone into a helicopter's rotor would basically guarantee a crash, right? On paper at least losing a drone seems like an excellent trade if it means deleting a KA-52 from existence, unless the drone in question has some very rare and valuable equipment loaded.

The rotors are pretty resilient, a quad or Orlan-10 sized thing wouldn't guarantee a crash. A bayraktar probably would. The helicopter turbines, however, are quite fragile and do not like ingesting anything other than air.
An FPV drone (carrying an explosive) would be better still. One of those into the comparatively fragile rotor hub would also be a kill. On the other hand, obviously there are significant downdrafts and turbulence in the immediate vicinity of the helicopter, so that's probably quite difficult and maybe impossible to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Sashimi posted:

Flying a drone into a helicopter's rotor would basically guarantee a crash, right? On paper at least losing a drone seems like an excellent trade if it means deleting a KA-52 from existence, unless the drone in question has some very rare and valuable equipment loaded.

I'm sure GiP would know, but I would imagine so for almost any fixed wing drone, or at the least force an emergency landing which would be fun over water. A TB2 drone is 700kg unloaded, so that would definitely ruin their day.

I suspect that Ukraine will start strapping some RPG-7 warheads to some smaller and cheaper fixed wing drones, and try and bait the Russians in to dispatching rotary aircraft to intercept.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol, some video on youtube appeared overnight bleeting on about Ukraine soldiers are all drugged up on USA provided meth.

Had a look at the channel info...ex Fox news anchor.

Showed it to a Ukranian friend and it's not any of the Ukranian accents.

Right wingers simping for putin

e - lmao and I checked out the channels past videos

He's EXPOSING Antartica's Secret Space UFO Program | Redacted with Clayton Morris

"Ex-CIA: ""Zelensky is finished, prepare for the CIA to remove him"" | Redacted News

BREAKING! U.S. plan for Haiti invasion just got some BAD NEWS | Redacted with Clayton Morris

SHOCKING U.S. teaming up with ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria to target civilians | Redacted News

e2 - the other place is fully sold on it too heh

Tai fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 1, 2023

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
He seems to issue a lot of redactions, I wonder why?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The channel name is Redacted lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ANTIFAS SECRET antarctic base

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1697546296922378305

some next level trolling here.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What happened to that jackass who drove his bike 800KM across Ukraine or whatever just to end up getting arrested at the border

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh gods, just feel that burn. :drat: :blyat:

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

The Duck Nation does not appreciate you promoting the use of banned weapons

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Troll and all but the headline is actually true to a certain degree. $50 lovely drones have done some heavy lifting in this war for Ukraine. I know that the Brits are starting to use them at platoon level now. I won't be shocked if plenty of others are doing the same going forward.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Strong "That's not my job" energy here

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Burns posted:

Interesting take by Zeihan on the recent drone strike.

https://youtu.be/CN-W_IKapmQ?si=doRwlHMQu-3sgxDg

Any "Geopolitical Strategist" who goes to the trouble of making sure I know that "He, Peter Zeihan, is a Geopolitical Strategist" like this guy, has some issues.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Rust Martialis posted:

Any "Geopolitical Strategist" who goes to the trouble of making sure I know that "He, Peter Zeihan, is a Geopolitical Strategist" like this guy, has some issues.

I really don't know much about Zeihan, I have watched a couple of his videos, but the funniest thing to me (I am sure this is some coincidence, maybe he's on vacation or something?) is he's always out of breath on some hike somewhere. "Zeihan checking in, from the pacific crest trail here with some breaking news." I half expect to see him on an outhouse in one of his videos.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tai posted:

lol, some video on youtube appeared overnight bleeting on about Ukraine soldiers are all drugged up on USA provided meth.

Had a look at the channel info...ex Fox news anchor.

Showed it to a Ukranian friend and it's not any of the Ukranian accents.

Right wingers simping for putin

e - lmao and I checked out the channels past videos

He's EXPOSING Antartica's Secret Space UFO Program | Redacted with Clayton Morris

"Ex-CIA: ""Zelensky is finished, prepare for the CIA to remove him"" | Redacted News

BREAKING! U.S. plan for Haiti invasion just got some BAD NEWS | Redacted with Clayton Morris

SHOCKING U.S. teaming up with ISIS and Al Qaeda in Syria to target civilians | Redacted News

e2 - the other place is fully sold on it too heh

It is as if Russia is somehow bankrolling the Fox News propagandists and talking heads, but that surely cannot be it?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rust Martialis posted:

Tsyni posted:

I really don't know much about Zeihan, I have watched a couple of his videos, but the funniest thing to me (I am sure this is some coincidence, maybe he's on vacation or something?) is he's always out of breath on some hike somewhere. "Zeihan checking in, from the pacific crest trail here with some breaking news." I half expect to see him on an outhouse in one of his videos.

I don’t know the guy either but any thoughts on the content of the video itself? I found it an interesting point but I’m not that up on the makeup of Russia as a whole. Is it a bulkshit take? Leaving the typo btw.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hold up so the hotdog man wasn't on the airplane and is still alive?

Burns
May 10, 2008

RoyKeen posted:

I don’t know the guy either but any thoughts on the content of the video itself? I found it an interesting point but I’m not that up on the makeup of Russia as a whole. Is it a bulkshit take? Leaving the typo btw.

Im not keen on the grandiose bits but he made accurate assessments on several points, such as Russia loving the grain deal (and trying to destroy agricultural infastructure in Ukraine).

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

RoyKeen posted:

It's a melange of tepid takes with the primary goal of reinforcing his previous declarations from what I can tell

There's some "the invasion made a lot of sense for Russia", a sprinkle of ignorance on just how much rail infrastructure there is in Russia, a heaping helping of "even the UKRAINIANS can build and use drones to initiate attacks, can you IMAGINE?"

I'm guessing this is a "NATO proxy war" guy?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Victis posted:

No, i dont think so. I have watched a lot of his vids since the start of the war and i dont get that impression from him.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Victis posted:

It's a melange of tepid takes with the primary goal of reinforcing his previous declarations from what I can tell

There's some "the invasion made a lot of sense for Russia", a sprinkle of ignorance on just how much rail infrastructure there is in Russia, a heaping helping of "even the UKRAINIANS can build and use drones to initiate attacks, can you IMAGINE?"

I re-watched it for clarification and I'm not getting any of this from the video. I'm not trying to defend the guy at all. I just thought he made a point regarding the multi-ethnic structure of Russia and its stability. And it's not something I was sure was that big of an issue but maybe it is so I found it interesting.

He also went on to talk about China and drones and is outside this scope of the thread.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Nooner posted:

Hot dog guy was buried

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Victis posted:

No, he sees this as Russia trying to reclaim their empire before their demographics collapse.

On the whole he's very bearish about the future of Europe, China and Russia, due to compounding effects of climate change, demographic shifts, and a collapse of the globalist system of international trade that he predicts will happen in the near future.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

GundamHealer posted:

Luv2hav my airfield in Pskov bombed on the daily

:chanpop:
The new internet sex slang is wild these days

Nooner posted:

Shroedinger's Prigozhin, he's both blyat and not blyat at the same time!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nooner posted:

The speculation I'm seeing is that it's a deep fake to try to keep angry Wagners from doing anything rash

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Hot dog guy was buried

if Prigozhin isn't dead who the gently caress did we bury, Michael??

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

The perfect TV/Podcast/soundbite personality.

It's empty shite that makes him look to be more profound/smart than he has any right to be.

Listened to him a lot last year, then i stopped. :shrug:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
russia's lunar lander saw a Mooninite children's hospital and adjusted course to leave a 33 foot wide crater

before and after:

https://www.voanews.com/a/nasa-new-moon-crater-is-likely-impact-site-of-russia-s-failed-mission/7250402.html

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

GundamHealer posted:

Luv2hav my airfield in Pskov bombed on the daily

Is Pskov the new Chornobaivka?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://kyivindependent.com/interfax-ukraine-75-ukrainian-children-tortured-by-russian-forces-prosecutor-says/

During their month long occupation, Russians tortured 75 Ukrainian children in the village of Yahidne, in Chernihiv Oblast, according to Ukrainian prosecutors from the Department for Protection of Children's Interests and Anti-Violence. Ukrainian authorities have opened 3,200 criminal cases over Russia's crimes against children,

quote:

"These include murders, mutilations, child abduction, forced displacement, deportation, sexual violence against children, attacks on institutions and facilities for children", Usenko said, adding thatkidnapped children hadoftenbeen tortured and illegally detained.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Solovyov is calling for the assassination of….

Tucker Carlson???

:psyduck:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/russian-propagandist-says-tucker-carlson-011546226.html

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

:getin:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Ukrainian intelligence called the confidential phone hotline of the high command for the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Pskov region :troll:

quote:

- "Confidential hotline of the Ministry for Emergency Situations of Russia's Pskov Region Directorate."

- "Hello, good day."

- "Good day."

- "There are some explosions heard in the city, what's happening?"

- "Yes, there's a plane on fire at the airport."

- "I see, did it crash into the plane?"

- "Uh-huh!"

- "I understand, just one, or how many?"

- "One."

- "One... well... I'll try the second one, I'm guiding (drones) here. Thank you very much. Glory to Ukraine!"

https://v.redd.it/mhxyfss7omlb1

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Cartoon Man posted:

Solovyov is calling for the assassination of….

Tucker Carlson???

:psyduck:

It sounds like Solovyov is warning that "they" are going to kill Carlson for being too awesome and good at knowing things

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

What? He's not calling for his assassination, he's saying that Tucker will be assassinated by the west for telling it like it is (an insane proposition, but very much in line with Russian propaganda)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Jokes on him, no one gives a gently caress about Tucker Carlson.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lifespan posted:

I like how Simonyan calls Carlson "the most popular host in the history of the United States" because it's just so drat dumb and hilarious to think anyone believes that (unless you're subject to Russia's propaganda mind control I suppose)

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Brittle, unstable societies like the Russian Federation rarely comprehend the idea of a society like America being resilient enough to just not give a gently caress about someone trying to undermine it. To a lot of Russian propagandists, the idea that American liberals might not decide to murder or disappear Cucker Tarlson is unthinkable, because it is unthinkable to them that any country could just shrug off such a demagogue. They are so used to brutality papering over internal weakness they don't even recognize true strength when they see it.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

What? He's not calling for his assassination, he's saying that Tucker will be assassinated by the west for telling it like it is (an insane proposition, but very much in line with Russian propaganda)

Not American but i would be in favour of him being inhumed purely as a matter of good taste and the general uplifting of humanity.