Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dunny posted:

Hey where do we reckon the Transfer Station is then? I've often wondered that. It's gotta be near a bay, I think?
Probably the shittier parts of the Bay Area, which I don't think was completely bougified when Onstad was a kid, which seems to be where a lot of the impression comes from. Achewood seems really Californian when you look at it long enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Dunny posted:

Hey where do we reckon the Transfer Station is then? I've often wondered that. It's gotta be near a bay, I think?

The folks on the Brain Tape podcast identified exactly where it was before they stopped doing their podcast forever.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Famous third world country, "France"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dunny posted:

Palo Alto is right next to the San Francisco Bay. There's a dump you can go to if you're a resident, that's probalby what the Transfer Station is.

EDIT: Also yes, Palo Alto got gentrified to gently caress since I lived there the one time I went back to visit for some reason I forget at the moment. Which was really impressive considering where it had started from.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Safety Dance posted:

The folks on the Brain Tape podcast identified exactly where it was before they stopped doing their podcast forever.

Did they say something about stopping it forever? I know the return of the comic threw them for a loop but I was really hoping they'd come back. I'm in a couple discords with Rosemary but we're not like, friends or anything so asking her about it would feel weird

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

more falafel please posted:

Did they say something about stopping it forever? I know the return of the comic threw them for a loop but I was really hoping they'd come back. I'm in a couple discords with Rosemary but we're not like, friends or anything so asking her about it would feel weird

Ask! Feeling weird be damned, I wanna know what happened!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Suddenly stopping doing a thing seems 100% on brand for an Achewood-adjacent project.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

more falafel please posted:

They said they'd keep doing it back in May, and then they haven't so far. If you ask, let her know I've got a subscription set up that I can't figure out how to cancel, and I want to know how much energy I should put into reaching out to Stripe to cancel it.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Safety Dance posted:

They said they'd keep doing it back in May, and then they haven't so far. If you ask, let her know I've got a subscription set up that I can't figure out how to cancel, and I want to know how much energy I should put into reaching out to Stripe to cancel it.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
In Ole Achewood only Teodor would dare attempt sex with a goth woman. In New Achewood, sex with a goth woman is a near-universal goal

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Be the big titty goth gf you wish to see in the world

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Ray going to the graveyard to get some skeleton BONE... BONE... BONE...

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

mutantIke posted:

In Ole Achewood only Teodor would dare attempt sex with a goth woman. In New Achewood, sex with a goth woman is a near-universal goal

Achewood is woke now

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
is the cult leader just gonna be altimeter tim

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ray and Beef were Considering the goth chicks back in high school, fools! Getting with a goth chick is on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Nessus posted:

Ray and Beef were Considering the goth chicks back in high school, fools! Getting with a goth chick is on Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

A girl who can’t work the time settings on her Olympus, all showing it was 7pm at the graveyard, not exactly the witching hour

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I hope they bump into Rod and/or Tina during this retreat.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Ok Comboomer posted:

Achewood is woke now

wokewood

anyways the comic feels like it has settled into business as usual now and it’s great

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

Famous third world country, "France"

Barkley is good with the burns.

He has presumably heard of Tony Parker also.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

robot roll call posted:

wokewood

anyways the comic feels like it has settled into business as usual now and it’s great
Enjoyed a lot of the new stuff but these last two strips have been the first I feel could've come from the old Achewood

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Barkley is good with the burns.
Reminding myself I've been sitting on the recent biography of him and really should starting reading it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nessus posted:

This goon gets it :hmmyes:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People itt got trolled by Sir Charles.

He's not a Ray.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gothic dance
gothic dance
everbody gothic dance

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

People itt got trolled by Sir Charles.

He's not a Ray.

oh Chuck is definitely trolling. it's just very Ray phrasing

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

oh Chuck is definitely trolling. it's just very Ray phrasing

I'm big with a round face so I rush to the defense.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm big with a round face so I rush to the defense.

as Chuck would, chochacho

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

https://twitter.com/_HEALTH_/status/1696259893903118844?t=ZHi_crRrmtOgch-xyf5Kuw&s=19

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I think Cornelius would be more confused than depressed about that one

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Beef has been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic Armored Cores, just mowing us all down

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Holy poo poo that story that Pat story was incredible. That's some good writing that makes me feel sympathy for a cop because he has to interact with Pat.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
All the details about Pat's car, his ripped marriage counseling audiobook, and his shoddy audio rig paint such a vivid picture

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

All the new text stuff has been aces, better than the new strips imho.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I really wish Onstad would write a proper-type book. I think he'd nail it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
new strip

Pat is, such an rear end in a top hat.

I do find it funny that last week's referenced mycelium and this week's Kandinsky; my wife says "myceeeeeeeeeeeelium" every time she sees mold growing on something, and we have a Kandinsky print over our fireplace. am...i the rear end in a top hat??

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Pat’s rocking a Nokia 3310.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My disappointment that Ramathustra Ron isn't Altimeter Tim is immeasurable.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Konec Hry posted:

Looks like Pat’s rocking a Nokia 3310.

I cracked up when I saw that. It's so very Pat

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

My disappointment that Ramathustra Ron isn't Altimeter Tim is immeasurable.

My bet was on Bennington Butters!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Goddamn it feels good to be reading Achewood again.

I dabble in this world! Get to know me already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deathlove posted:

new strip

Pat is, such an rear end in a top hat.

Whale 1 arrvd

Pat, you prick, at least when T and Cornelius are fleecing Ray they have the decency to do it to his face