Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I was all in on the new Taco until I saw it. Might just be the photos, but it seems like they jacked it up even more and made it larger. I just want a nice midsized pick-up, is that too much to ask for?!

I have a 16 SR5 and it’s the size of a T100 and the first gen Tundra. It’s wild. But the drivetrain is very tempting even if I don’t get the hybrid (2.4T + manual).

The 3rd gen 4Runner/2nd gen Tacoma had the perfect truck dimensions. I miss my 3rd gen T4R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Happy birthday to one half of probably the most successful goon marriage and a really good poster and cool person.

All the other goon relationships I’ve interacted with were either disasters or worse.

I met mayor Wilkins and whoever he was with…….

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Happy birthday Braks!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Thanks y’all! Y’all are the best goons, I don’t what anybody says.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Happy birthday Braks!

Holy poo poo it's September :stare:

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Happy Birthday Braks!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy Birthday!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Happy fuggin Birthday!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Happy birthday, Braks!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

Three Olives in the cspam musk thread has a very convincing hypothesis that musk is using Hertz to conduct MASSIVE fraud/number juicing.

Yeah I kinda believe it. I tent through Hertz when u travel for work and roughly half the times I’ve picked one up this year I’ve been “upgraded” to a Tesla. They seem to have replace a substantial part of their fleet with them but no one actually wants to rent them, so they’re forcing them on people instead.

Also Happy Birthday Braks! Are you going to make SB wear the gimp suit all day long or is it only an after dinner thing?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

trying to figure out if powerautomate poo poo the bed or if oracle poo poo the bed.

either way, I get to do poo poo manually for a few hours that I automated a year ago and now I don't know if I remember 1) all the steps or 2) what half of my automation even is doing

welp, happy friday

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Also Happy Birthday Braks! Are you going to make SB wear the gimp suit all day long or is it only an after dinner thing?

I’m already agreeing to be Joel from The Last Of Us on Halloween for my daughter, that’s good enough. I won’t even get to wear my 50 gallon yellow cowboy hat as usual.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Happy birthday Braks!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey22gpY7KUE

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/objkshn/status/1697263900910346634?s=20

lol wtf

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thank god for the thinly veiled sense of care for the less fortunate

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Happy birthday braks!!!!!!!!!!!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Happy birthday, Braksgirl! That one time we were playing Jackbox and my sister joined in was fun.

Back home in Portland after being in Alaska and Maryland. Kinda happy to take a weekend to unwind from helping my sister move. I love her, but I admit she has… personality traits that make me go "Yeah, I can see why you're being divorced."

I almost missed my train to work today but a guy exiting stuck their arm thru the door to keep it from closing, so that was a :unsmith: moment. Pay it forward & do a kind thing to strangers today, goons!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

C-Euro posted:

Tell him that it absolutely still holds up, and that he should watch it.

The movie is still fantastic, but for someone who was born after it and whose entire film viewing history is likely made up of the movies that digested and regurgitated a lot of its visual language, I can only imagine it's a different viewing experience.

Happy birthday BG

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I wonder if I can just start singing the national anthem when someone is getting arrested and they will stop until I am done.

Also Happy Bday braks

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

I wonder if I can just start singing the national anthem when someone is getting arrested and they will stop until I am done.

Also Happy Bday braks

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHnXajIex4&t=77s

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Happy B-Day Braks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Happy birthday, braks! It's nice to have your birthday landing on a three day weekend, I hope you get some time to just kick back and relax a bit.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Braks!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Called in sick this morning. Had Monday and Tuesday off already. Traveling to VA to visit fam for the first time in like 12yrs. Was in the 60s with no humidity this am. Fall is coming, slowly but surely.

Nice six day weekend to try and kick it off.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Sunday might be the hottest day of the year in the Twin Cities!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

ha, my in laws are traveling there tomorrow to visit their oldest daughter. They're doing some Mississippi River cruise on Sunday, sounds awful.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

The idea of getting into a Tesla and getting brazen bulled is not high on my list.

I’ll likely gift myself a hybrid Tacoma or land cruiser when I finish engineering school and drive it until it falls apart. Or I’ll just keep my Tacoma now and drive it until it dies.
Twenty years later...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What’s the number? I know shits been hot but I think there have been modeling issues with a lot of the eye popping highs that have been driving headlines.

Y’all have had a bad drought year up there too right?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://youtu.be/U7T2puomQgs?si=pcMOrLhhcuZiRDhu

Love this series of videos, big smiles and hearty laughs every time I watch one

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy Birthday Braks!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Oh god y’all weren’t kidding Flash is terrible why can’t I stop watching

Happy bday Braks!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Twenty years later...

A hybrid Tacoma isn't lasting 20 years without loving the truck enough to replace its battery pack.

Also happy bday Braks! You share a birthday with my mom.

Which reminds me - call your mom if you can fellas.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

A hybrid Tacoma isn't lasting 20 years without loving the truck enough to replace its battery pack.

I think he’s talking about my current gas one, but those Prius hybrids have been turning 3-400k without significant service for the past decade.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Sea of Stars is on PS+ and Gamepass and it’s so good so far. It’s just that perfect throwback turn based RPG. The art is great too

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Cross posting because I know a lot of you grill here:

I am looking to buy a grill to do grilly things on. I haven't lived in a place that allowed propane or outdoor cooking in like 2 decades. Right now, I am looking at this grill here. I like it because it has a sear burner and comes with a built in smoking box. I would mainly use it for searing steaks and such after sous vide, burgers and/or chicken, and some light smoking (ribs, an hour or two smoke on something after a sous vide, etc). I do plan on getting a smoker next year, so that's not important, just nice to fill in until spring. I know cheap grills fall apart, don't start well, etc. I am just looking for something decent that I would use maybe once a week when weather is nice. I don't need to grill daily or for 30 people at a time. Any other recommendations, or at the very least an ominous warning about the one I linked?

edit: fixed url linking

swickles fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 1, 2023

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Happy Birthday BG :)

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Hi TFF,

I just quit my job, effective immediately. New job starts Wednesday.

Welp, that's all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hi TFF,

Welp, that's all.

Sweet. You're gonna be a medic now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Hi TFF,

Welp, that's all.

Congratulations! It's a great feeling and I'm happy for you!