Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

docbeard posted:

I like the games I hate.

Which games are those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Just beat one of the harder AC6 bosses after trying 82 times and got this message

https://twitter.com/XeniDraws/status/1696719048266985940

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

the shooting and movement are very subpar, maybe little old Fortnite ruined my game expectations but this is not worth $70 as it is now

Did they not just keep FO4 shooting?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr Hootington posted:

I won't be either as soon as I get home.

same, stuck at work just itching to play more so all i have at hand rn is trolling

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
was the fallout battle royale mode any good?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Turtle Sandbox posted:

surely they made the shooting in FO76 better than 4 because 4 was awful

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I wish the spaceship wasn't like a little vestigial limb flipper of a game mechanic but otherwise it seems fine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

was the fallout battle royale mode any good?

Yeah it wasn't bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Idk I haven't played the game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

idk why you would buy and play starfield when armored coretm 6: fires of rubicontm just came out

Imagine if you could use your AC6 mech in Starfield, and just rain fire on its cities

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Red Baron posted:

the mind flayer wanting to gently caress you is what took me over the cliff, that’s just so loving funny

I got stuck in hell as an succubus’s eternal fuckbuddy shortly after having a foursome with some drow, then loving the illiquid, then loving mizora. All in the span of like 2hours gameplay

I was doing a gently caress it why not play through where I said sure to whoever, but man it was excessive

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Imagine if you could use your AC6 mech in Starfield, and just rain fire on its cities

They add this but it's just a menu option, hold x to rain fire, and then the city is removed from the map

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Pead posted:

I got stuck in hell as an succubus’s eternal fuckbuddy shortly after having a foursome with some drow, then loving the illiquid, then loving mizora. All in the span of like 2hours gameplay

fanfic.net rear end rpg

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Mr Hootington posted:

Why are there so many posters who hate bethesda games who bought starfield and are surprised they hate it?

it's the big game everyone is talking about, gotta buy it even if you know you're gonna hate it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Twisted Metal show ended up being decent? That had the worst trailer I've ever seen lol

shockingly yeah, it was more fun that it had any right to be
has the same vibe as like a "Guns Akimbo" or lesser Crank, very self-aware stupid premise that doesn't take itself too seriously

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pead posted:

I was doing a gently caress it why not play through where I said sure to whoever, but man it was excessive

lmfao

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I bet you can't even get you circumcised dick sucked in starfield.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

how has xbox greenlit outer worlds2? like ok they bought 2 studios making fo4 in space ok they were years apart due to delays so nbd but ow2 is gonna launch during the dlc life of starfield next year. wtf are they doing over there at xbox?

When was the last time you genuinely got excited for Bethesda DLC?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Just beat one of the harder AC6 bosses after trying 82 times and got this message

https://twitter.com/XeniDraws/status/1696719048266985940

Lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpY7NHj8FXg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kirbeh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

laz'ael's facepaint makes it look like youre doing nfl kicker roleplay

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr Hootington posted:

I like and support people enjoying games they like. I dislike and mock people who play gamed they hate.

I've been having a lot of fun playing Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bro Dad posted:

neat so starfield is just a more boring fallout 4 with a grey color filter

guess those rumors that bethesda devs literally don't know how to make games anymore was true

Technically they know how to make one game on one engine. Honestly it's been working for them quite well soni can understand how they ended up here.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Starfield is an allegory; there was some war in Bethesda's past where they lost the technology to develop a new game engine or modify existing commercial engines from this century. Now all they can do is make increasingly desperate attempts to bend the Last RPG Engine, Gamebryo using quest, script, and world editor tools left behind by Those Who Came Before

At least they didn't model the spaceships as a hat for your character

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Sep 1, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I bogged down on the act 1 boss in ac6 so I'm trying to concentrate on finishing bg3. already got the itch to do another playthrough with different build ideas now that I've got a good grip on the system

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

corona familiar posted:

Starfield is an allegory; there was some war in Bethesda's past where they lost the technology to develop a new game engine or modify existing commercial engines from this century. Now all they can do is make increasingly desperate attempts to bend the Last RPG Engine, Gamebryo using quest, script, and world editor tools left behind by Those Who Came Before

At least they didn't model the spaceships as a hat for your character

theres a "subway" in the first city you get to and i really have to wonder if theres a little guy with a hat zooming around down there

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
In AC6, I'm considering switching to KB+M after reading some things about how the targeting system works (mainly that hard lock-on penalizes accuracy). I'm realizing that there's not much of a reason to use controller on PC other than having to figure out what buttons to bind the four weapon slots to on my mouse.

Buck Wildman posted:

I bogged down on the act 1 boss in ac6

Same. I did a little digging and I think I'm letting the missile salvos and the second phase melee attacks dissuade me from playing in a sufficiently aggressive manner.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Why are there so many posters who hate bethesda games who bought starfield and are surprised they hate it?

it was worth every penny

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's ok to enjoy the bethesda game

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you have my permission

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

you have my permission

no, not alright

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jk i deleted it. having mining+weirdass story intro+FTL power balancing bullcrap immediately was like.... no chance lol.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I mean I wouldn't enjoy it but it's ok if you do

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's no Fart Shitizen but it'll do

I admit it. I laughed at this.

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's not that starfield being bad is impossible, it's just you should never listen to games goons about anything. They hate games and gaming.

Goons convinced me to order Demons Souls PS3 from China before it was planned to be released in the US and that was the best gaming decision ever made, so in conclusion Goons are right about every video game opinion forever.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

goons: sometimes good, sometimes bad

goon posts: always bad

a strange ratio

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

beat bg3 after 75 hours

it was good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

only thing ive found disappointing so far is i really would have liked a difficulty like fallout 4s survival that they patched in later

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it was incredible to see how far theyve taken faces in gamebryo and then see their lips still move all hosed up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

it was incredible to see how far theyve taken faces in gamebryo and then see their lips still move all hosed up lol

it honestly seems like they went backwards all the way to oblivion