Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont really care about having a long bed but i was looking real hard at that little maverick last year cause my expedition is just too loving big for how i live these days but still wanted something i could camp in. but they only sell 4 door trucks, no 2door or even shorter king cab type option. sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tirade posted:

X: We have enabled "baby mode", a video of keys being jangled that loops forever.

Linda Yaccarino: Incredible! Oh X, you've found the "key" to my heart!!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont really care about having a long bed but i was looking real hard at that little maverick last year cause my expedition is just too loving big for how i live these days but still wanted something i could camp in. but they only sell 4 door trucks, no 2door or even shorter king cab type option. sucks

I just want and electric version of the s10.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

maybe your everyday vehicle doesn't need to be a tank
:mods:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Amtrak/status/1697640473718890653?t=mujs0d094aknrO0PcJjPBQ&s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
amtrak has been banned for misinformation

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

What is the purpose of a snub bed beyond signaling "I'm a truck guy"

tight and/or off-road working conditions, outdoor maintenance work, anything where you're.frequently moving around a small number of bulky pieces of machinery like generators, shop vacs, water pumps, lawnmowers

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
bikes, motorcycles, surf boards, furniture, soil, rocks, towing, etc etc etc

there are probably more things to transport that don't need an eight foot bed

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Amwoke 🤣🤣

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

eXXon posted:

Someone should invent a vehicle specialized for cargo deliveries and freight, maybe with just two seats at the front and an extended, enclosed storage area behind the seats.

why even have two seats

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Crain posted:

Is the joke that it's just a lifted Santa Cruz? Like it's just a Santa Cruz. You can just buy that truck now, for less than a third of pre-ordering a Cybertruck.

lol this looks like a minivan that's missing a corner?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bring back 70's supervans

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
What you want is a nice Ford Transit. White van man life

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
are you allowed to paint a wizard on the side of a sprinter van and install black lights?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

k I’m ready. where are they

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

then when informed it would cost him literally hundreds of millions to break off the dudes contract he tried to become bff with the dude and replies to a bunch of his posts

And then the dude didn’t tell him to gently caress off and didn’t send his rear end to court which is the most disgusting part about the whole thing.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

tight and/or off-road working conditions, outdoor maintenance work, anything where you're.frequently moving around a small number of bulky pieces of machinery like generators, shop vacs, water pumps, lawnmowers

why would you also need an extended cab for any of that tho

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

k I’m ready. where are they

stuck in a siding 8 hours late because a single guy who is forbidden from taking a poo poo or getting sick had to walk for an hour to fix a stuck brake somewhere and ended up destroying the entire continental freight schedule for the next week

don't worry. they'll get you within 500 miles of where you're going, hopefully not in the middle of the night. you can take a bus if you need to get closer

and it costs the same as taking a plane plus X nights in a hotel

why don't people take long distance rail in America

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Sep 1, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

you cant fool me that's the same car

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
X car, formerly known as tesla motors,

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

dude I ordered one at our local dealer going on a year now. agree on wishing they'd just make a 2-door version.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There's nothing wrong with extended cab or short beds on trucks, but there's an obvious design contradiction in most modern trucks that are loving huge while having vestigial truck functionality. If they were half the size, I wouldn't be laughing at them for not being able to transport a loveseat.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
They could have just made a futuristic looking El Camino and I think it would have gone over better.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

the milk machine posted:

there are millions of people out there clamoring to buy a brand new small two seat truck with an eight foot bed. we can hear their chants. the people demand their solo drywall delivery vehicle.

The rise in popularity in trucks also led to the death of the humble work truck, which is why the vehicle is associated with masculinity in the first place.

2 seats, no ac, hand cranked windows like God intended.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

has there been a good looking truck released in America in the last 20 years?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

do not post the cybertuck

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

RandolphCarter posted:

has there been a good looking truck released in America in the last 20 years?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I moved an entire dining room set in my mk 4 golf. I took the legs off the table granted but... hatches are the superior form of automobile.

Same storage as SUV. Lower to the ground so you can actually make turns.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Panfilo posted:

They could have just made a futuristic looking El Camino and I think it would have gone over better.

instead its a futuristic looking Brat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

apatheticman posted:

I moved an entire dining room set in my mk 4 golf. I took the legs off the table granted but... hatches are the superior form of automobile.

Same storage as SUV. Lower to the ground so you can actually make turns.

i hauled so much poo poo in my 240sx hatch. furniture, a fuckin 40" tube tv, it did it all.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I miss having a station wagon big enough to sleep in the back

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Turtle Sandbox posted:

The rise in popularity in trucks also led to the death of the humble work truck, which is why the vehicle is associated with masculinity in the first place.

2 seats, no ac, hand cranked windows like God intended.

all the work trucks i see around here need space for the workers to ride in so i dunno

*david attenborough voice* scientists have observed that lawn crews and contractors don't haul many 8 foot drywall sheets, but they seem to use their trucks to haul around tools and equipment and other things while the workers ride in the cab. this angers the other humans, and we may never understand why.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

its like if my grandmotehr ran twitter

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hell yeah get him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

linda rules

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

the milk machine posted:

all the work trucks i see around here need space for the workers to ride in so i dunno

*david attenborough voice* scientists have observed that lawn crews and contractors don't haul many 8 foot drywall sheets, but they seem to use their trucks to haul around tools and equipment and other things while the workers ride in the cab. this angers the other humans, and we may never understand why.

Every working mans work truck has been replaced by a Ford Transit van or something similar.

Turns out locking up your tools is helpful.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

hell yeah get him

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

those truck beds are for, loose dogs, loose kids, a trump flag or an assortment of poo poo with no red flags on the end

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Effective Malthusianism