Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

…So Deku is about to get an extreme power up as soon as All Might kicks it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

That was my assumption.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They'll have to give up on giving Bakugo a new jeart and work on some new jendons and jigaments for Deku.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

They'll have to give up on giving Bakugo a new jeart and work on some new jendons and jigaments for Deku.

Can't wait for Kaminari to provide the jeagawatts to bring Bakugo back to life

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7479/my-hero-academia-chapter-399?date=31-8-2023-23

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is actually really cool but lol Oh yeah we're speeding up here, the entire fight involving Can't Stop Twinkling is over and I have this feeling that even if it was supposed to end this way, we were definitely supposed to see more of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All Might using Aoyama's Quirk as his ultimate attack on AFO feels like a better capstone to Aoyama's... let's be charitable and call it an "arc" than whatever is going on with the plant guy. Shame, though. His Quirk seemed really cool.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Who are the remaining students who haven't gotten their quirks repped by AM? Hagakure, Shoto, Iida, Momo, Mineta?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He said Shoto's name at the start of this chapter, so I assume he was using his power for something, assuming that isn't a mistranslation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who are the remaining students who haven't gotten their quirks repped by AM? Hagakure, Shoto, Iida, Momo, Mineta?

He mentions Lida alongside Ochako at the end of last chapter.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I think Shoto is the arm cannon he shoved in AFO’s mouth.

Also, drat that plant guy’s quirk is creepy.

The Awesomesaurus fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 1, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, imagine being Endeavor and going through all of these weird eugenics experiments with your kids to surpass a guy, only for him to turn the "best" of your children into one of many power-ups for a super suit. And it's not even his ace in the hole.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

feels like i'm missing something-- when did AM fire a cannon in AFO's mouth? that sounds extremely badass but i've read the chapter 3 times and can't pick it out

owned tho

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

stuker posted:

feels like i'm missing something-- when did AM fire a cannon in AFO's mouth? that sounds extremely badass but i've read the chapter 3 times and can't pick it out

owned tho

You don't actually see him fire it though as we cut right over to Aoyama

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Rhonne posted:

You don't actually see him fire it though as we cut right over to Aoyama

oh lmao for some reason I read that as AM eating an uppercut, that is excellent

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Is that a muzzle flash behind AfOs head? Did he shove a gun into his mouth and fire it?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol at AFO calling All Might an old fart despite being hundreds of years old

gross at seeing Toru naked again despite how cool it was to see Yuga going all out

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Is that a muzzle flash behind AfOs head? Did he shove a gun into his mouth and fire it?

yes

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So is Fatgum dead, or will he go back to normal now that the flower guy has been defeated?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Fantastic chapter imo, All Might is an absolute badass. The long awaited Aoyama + Hagakure teamup didn't disappoint either.

Rhonne posted:

So is Fatgum dead, or will he go back to normal now that the flower guy has been defeated?

There were a ton of heroes also defeated by that guy so I doubt Hori would commit to them all being dead.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So is All might about to somehow reignite his power? They seem to be showing the reverse of him naked in the dark as he used the last of his might to with the united states of smash.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
All Might having a natural quirk awaken here would be silly but awesome

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

badjohny posted:

So is All might about to somehow reignite his power? They seem to be showing the reverse of him naked in the dark as he used the last of his might to with the united states of smash.

I think it is foreshadowing his death. Like huddled naked powerless All Might will stand up and ignite into a muscly OFA ghost and pass his power to Deku, who will gain his quirk of Pipe and beat Shigaraki silly with it.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bakugou! All Might's going out via a big rear end howitzer is my guess. Might even run into Bakugou in the vestige realm (if they're making all the movies cannon, Bakugou lurking there as a brief former user might make sense) and encourage him back to breathing or using his jeart or whatever

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 1, 2023

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
loving lmao if Hori suddenly mentions Bakugou having had OFA in the manga. Bonus points for as little explanation as possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Staltran posted:

loving lmao if Hori suddenly mentions Bakugou having had OFA in the manga. Bonus points for as little explanation as possible.

I mean a major plot point at the moment is All-Might being built a special suit of armor by a character who literally only appeared in the movie.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Only the third movie hasn't been referenced in the manga proper as far as I know.

Melissa Shield has appeared a couple of times, and Nine was in the manga as well.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

He said Shoto's name at the start of this chapter, so I assume he was using his power for something, assuming that isn't a mistranslation.

He's gonna use Icy Hot cream to sooth his sore muscles after the fight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I had to reread that panel. Like oh did All Might get uppercutted but is boasting?

Oh.. he's pointing a loving GUN IN AFO and boasting. HAHAHHA even better. Hori doing an offscreen defeat of the heroes is like yea yeah no gotta speed this up so take my word for it

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 1, 2023

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I had to reread that panel. Like oh did All Might get uppercutted but is boasting?

Oh.. he's pointing a loving GUN IN AFO and boasting. HAHAHHA even better. Hori doing an offscreen defeat of the heroes is like yea yeah no gotta speed this up so take my word for it

I mean, is it sped up, or is it just Hori thinking no one wants to see the random plant assassin defeat a bunch of random no-name heroes?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Only the third movie hasn't been referenced in the manga proper as far as I know.

Melissa Shield has appeared a couple of times, and Nine was in the manga as well.

Rody's little brother and sister show up in this big splash page from a while ago(along with Melissa and the kids from the second movie)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I'd ask why they can't just give Hagakure clothes, because god knows every other media with invisible people have come up with some way to make invisible clothes, but I suppose this is still the manga with Mineta in it.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Rhonne posted:

I mean, is it sped up, or is it just Hori thinking no one wants to see the random plant assassin defeat a bunch of random no-name heroes?

Y'all acting like Hori hasn't been off-screening fights since chapter 1. MHA has always been fast-paced and skipped over a lot of content for the sake of progression.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Supremezero posted:

I'd ask why they can't just give Hagakure clothes, because god knows every other media with invisible people have come up with some way to make invisible clothes, but I suppose this is still the manga with Mineta in it.

Mirio can have intangible clothes, but this is a bridge too far...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nonexistence posted:

Mirio can have intangible clothes, but this is a bridge too far...

I was going to say "Wait, didn't Mirio have to undress too" but then I remembered his superhero uniform doesn't have that limit.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
More people should have less clothes, imo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

More people should have less clothes, imo

The majority of the cast are children so no.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wth they are? How old are they supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Wth they are? How old are they supposed to be?

The... the premise of the series is that it is a high school for superheroes.