Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Ironwood:
Not having legacy rings/amulets will be a pain on full reset unless they overhaul the maps and drops system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Ironwood RPG: Requested to join Goon guild as "Thanatos."

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Is tiny shop considered an idle game cause drat is it slow, but still really good! A nice, relaxing shopkeep game.

Microtransactions aren't in your face, and nothing forced.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.tinycloud.tinyshop

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Is tiny shop considered an idle game cause drat is it slow, but still really good! A nice, relaxing shopkeep game.

Its definitely on the more active side of idle games. I played for a week or two before I bounced off it, and in that time I dont think I completed all the tasks more than 2 days in a row.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Harminoff posted:

i remember enjoying this game for a while; if i recall correctly, you eventually hit a wall, but it's good until that point

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I completed my Evolve ascension. Feels really good to do it but now I'm looking towards the future. I suppose the next goal is a demonic infusion reset but I feel really far off from that. I think I can rack up a bunch more 3/4 star MAD/Bioseeds, universe hop a bit, and dip into some of the challenge run stuff.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

SettingSun posted:

I completed my Evolve ascension. Feels really good to do it but now I'm looking towards the future. I suppose the next goal is a demonic infusion reset but I feel really far off from that. I think I can rack up a bunch more 3/4 star MAD/Bioseeds, universe hop a bit, and dip into some of the challenge run stuff.

If you can do a (3-4*) ascension you can do DIs as the requirements aren't much higher; they're just longer because of the Soul Gem requirements. Only do DIs 3*+ though otherwise you have to complete many floors for little gain and tons of grinding. Now that you have a custom species - with slaver, right? - you can swap to doing Custom-Ent-<species> 4* challenges, mastery grinding, and filling out the CRISPR tree.

As a sidenote completing a few DIs would be very useful just for the Unbound blood infusion upgrade which lets you play the basic limited species on worlds where they wouldn't normally spawn like the aquatic and sand ones for a small penalty. Saves you a bunch of time mastery grinding. There's another infusion perk later for the demons/angels but would require a few more DI runs.

Make sure you pick up the crispr perk to double blood stone gains with your first artifact if you do decide to do some DI. Brings it up to 8-10 blood stones per floor depending on 3-4*.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 31, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I like the sound of that. I'm thankfully aware of the custom race meta! I'll cruise for a little more on collecting mastery and do another deep dive to see DI. I haven't played since they added the TruePath branch and I kinda want to try that too.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

SettingSun posted:

I like the sound of that. I'm thankfully aware of the custom race meta! I'll cruise for a little more on collecting mastery and do another deep dive to see DI. I haven't played since they added the TruePath branch and I kinda want to try that too.

You can do up to the third tier of TruePath resets once you can do 4* ascensions which does get a decent perk in Iridium Smelting. For fourth tier I'd suggest having all the crispr and challenge perks though, and a large amount of mastery but the perks are definitely worth it.

Third tier TruePath also unlocks another few species, one of which has a decent trait for slotting into your customs if you're into that.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 31, 2023

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And I forgot about my first run on Evolve. Sprogan race, I'm just getting all the research in until my first reset hits. Do I beeline for it or get the other stuff before MAD?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

widespread posted:

And I forgot about my first run on Evolve. Sprogan race, I'm just getting all the research in until my first reset hits. Do I beeline for it or get the other stuff before MAD?

Get your troop and citizen count as high as possible (within reason) and smash that button. Your second run will be significantly faster.

Note: Only alive troops count so make sure to let them regen before hitting it.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Requested an in to the Ironwood RPG guild, but looks like it may be full & people already waiting. Secondary guild?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Omnikin posted:

Requested an in to the Ironwood RPG guild, but looks like it may be full & people already waiting. Secondary guild?

Kicked a few people offline over 15 days. Two spots left now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Crell posted:

Kicked a few people offline over 15 days. Two spots left now.

Sent a request as well

Edit: aaaand I left. Game's not really doing it for me so I cleared up a spot for someone else :tipshat:

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 2, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I don't like how alchemy is limited by slots now instead of point cost in orb of creation. Also yeah rituals etc. Aren't in in the beta so technically 0.5 had more content.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Ironwood RPG Guild - currently the Guild tab is a 500 error but when it's back just go ahead and kick off an event? Someone asked in guild chat which one to do but I don't think anybody cares and also I have no way to respond to that.

Also, is the market a good way to make money early game? I have just been doing everything myself, and upgrading house whenever the guild quests reset and I get that huge influx of money from them.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 3, 2023

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

dipwood posted:

Ironwood RPG Guild - currently the Guild tab is a 500 but when it's back just go ahead and kick off an event? Someone asked in guild chat which one to do but I don't think anybody cares and also I have no way to respond to that.

Also, is the market a good way to make money early game? I have just been doing everything myself, and upgrading house whenever the guild quests reset and I get that huge influx of money from them.

As far as I know there is no discord for the goon guild or anything, when Crell asked that in the guild message no-one had any way to reply :v: (except in this thread)

Also, for some reason as of this morning I can't access the guild tab at all, and it was working as of last night. When I click on it, it just becomes four blank boxes that try to load something forever. Is that happening for anyone else?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah, as mentioned in the post you quoted, the guild page is returning a 500 error.

And agreed that we should probably just start any event when it's back and/or setup a discord if we really need to coordinate for them. Which also sounds a bit too :effort: for this kind of game though.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't there a discord for the video games forum? Couldn't we just ask for a channel on that?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Gonna start a gathering event tonight at 9pm est, I wanted to get the building to level 3 first.

If someone wants to get a discord channel somewhere I'm down for that. I just don't want to put much effort into this until closer to the wipe. Was probably gonna get a channel open on goons.cx for that, but another is fine.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Crell posted:

Gonna start a gathering event tonight at 9pm est, I wanted to get the building to level 3 first.

If someone wants to get a discord channel somewhere I'm down for that. I just don't want to put much effort into this until closer to the wipe. Was probably gonna get a channel open on goons.cx for that, but another is fine.

Also applied to the guild as Jandipoo.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Ironwood: is there any reason to level up all three weapon types, or should I just focus on one? I’ve mostly stuck to One Handed.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

Ironwood: is there any reason to level up all three weapon types, or should I just focus on one? I’ve mostly stuck to One Handed.

No real reason. They do each have their own special abilities but it doesn't make much difference in the end.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I see Idle Wizard is still getting updates on steam, was that one any good? I have a few hundred hours into it but I also don't remember it much, I just saw it out of the corner of my eye while looking up Orb of Creation

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

I see Idle Wizard is still getting updates on steam, was that one any good? I have a few hundred hours into it but I also don't remember it much, I just saw it out of the corner of my eye while looking up Orb of Creation

no not really. Progress was extremely gated behind exactly following builds from a wiki (which sometimes require lengthy "charge" phases) and IIRC microtransactiony currency for crafting that takes months to get. It's ok if you use something like cheat engine I guess. Not really fun otherwise.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Agent355 posted:

It's decent, besides two issues (IMO). It's VERY slow, but you can Cheat Engine Speedhack at least. And the other one is that it's like many other "idle" games where you have to do very specific builds and steps to actually make progress and get enough multipliers to move on.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

FAPI: Is there really no way of automating worm poop? I'm so sick if doing it every single reincarnation.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Safari Disco Lion posted:

FAPI: Is there really no way of automating worm poop? I'm so sick if doing it every single reincarnation.

there's an ascension perk that does it

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I can't find a goons guild on Ironwood.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I can't find a goons guild on Ironwood.

guilds don't show if they are full

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Agent355 posted:

this wizard-filled post tickled a neuron in such a way as to remind me that Theory of Magic exists

https://mathiashjelm.gitlab.io/arcanum/

and so now i'm playing through this again

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Theory of Magic might be my favorite idle game. I wish I knew how to do combat wizardry effectively though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there any idle game even close to Orb of creation with having a nice graphical UI and a cool soundtrack / little downtime as possible?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FrickenMoron posted:

Is there any idle game even close to Orb of creation with having a nice graphical UI and a cool soundtrack / little downtime as possible?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I have a Complaint about Tingus Goose!! Eventually you unlock a class of blossoms that just act as filters. You can set them to obliterate a specific level of baby, or golden eggs, for example. Which is fine, handy to stop less valuable babies getting into your multipliers.

The problem is, they don't bounce babies or do anything else and they're too common. I have more than once rerolled a laser goose to end up getting a different laser goose. I hate it!!

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this wizard-filled post tickled a neuron in such a way as to remind me that Theory of Magic exists

https://mathiashjelm.gitlab.io/arcanum/

and so now i'm playing through this again

I replayed this recently too and I recommend using the test site

https://arcanumtesting.gitlab.io/arcanum/

There's a bunch of wacky new content in there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cicadalek posted:

I have a Complaint about Tingus Goose!! Eventually you unlock a class of blossoms that just act as filters. You can set them to obliterate a specific level of baby, or golden eggs, for example. Which is fine, handy to stop less valuable babies getting into your multipliers.

The problem is, they don't bounce babies or do anything else and they're too common. I have more than once rerolled a laser goose to end up getting a different laser goose. I hate it!!

They are common because you just unlocked them, it takes like 3-4 ascends for them to go to a more sane rarity. This has happened every time you have unlocked new things. I don't have confirmation but it feels like it tries to even out the total spawned entities by rarity. So if a common just unlocked it has 0 and your other commons have like 500 spawns, so it needs to "catch up". At least that's what it felt like as it gets loner and longer each new tier but that could also just be related to the tier.

You are at the part where the game started leaving a bad taste in my mouth and things just kept getting worse I think I played another week or so after that before well putting it down until later I don't think I'm done done with Tingus.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I should mention that it should have no manual click spamming because I've got serious cases of RSI.
Auto hotkey is always an option though I guess.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm not done with tingus either, it's rad, but I also don't feel much compelling reason to keep playing at the moment.

Filed under 'keep my eye on it'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I quit on Realm Grinder in the middle of the first ascension once I realized I was just following guides religiously and there was nothing interesting going on. I still can't quit Trimps though...