Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mr Hootington posted:

Either the game reviews poorly and goons gloat, but when you read the reviews the exact complaints about it will be what was overlooked with ToTK.

Or

The game reviews well and goons go nuclear, but when you read the reviews the exact complaints about it will be what was overlooked with ToTK.

If Starfield is a game good and interesting enough to have ToLK's flaws it would be the best game Bethesda had ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
totk intro vs starfield intro is like night and day lol. you find the endgame badass vs radioshack relic. fall through the sky and get superpowers vs fight npcs and get thrown into tutorials over and over. also totk looks better despite being a switch game lol. people who make games vs people who let modders fix their games

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
TotK: has mech
AC6: many mech
Starfield: no mech????

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

buying zelda means u give money to the saudi crown prince so whats the more morally ethical game to consume

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

honestly i bet saudi has money invested in all these companies at some level

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol bing rules

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

revisiting this, they made exactly this game, it's called Breathedge

more like cringeedge

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just remaster freelancer imo. way better game

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I'm enjoying the loop and seemingly endless systems but this game makes the X series look like it's bursting with personality

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

goodbye violition

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

volition,w/e

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

more like cringeedge

it's just european

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
at some point you've made the same game over and over so many times that it's all that you know how to make

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

just remaster freelancer imo. way better game

remaster starlancer

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I'm enjoying the loop and seemingly endless systems but this game makes the X series look like it's bursting with personality

Aren't you inspired with the spirit of exploration and freedom? Did you not cry the first time you rose into the stars? Has the game not excited you for the bright future of humanity?

Children of the sky~
Flying so high

And now, I cry (with happiness, at what mankind has achieved)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
One prominent reason the higher-ups at Bethesda decided to use the Creation Engine was that developers at Rockville primarily had experience using this traditionally single-player engine. According to a 2021 survey by the International Game Developers Association (IGDA), only a fifth of respondents expected to remain with their current employer for more than six years. In an industry that regularly lays off large numbers of employees, Bethesda was unusual in how frequently it was able to retain staff for over a decade. It would cost a significant amount of time and money to re-train senior employees in new scripting languages.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
well, I guess the backburner project to fix the Saints Row 2 PC port is now officially dead

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Dr. Killjoy posted:

well, I guess the backburner project to fix the Saints Row 2 PC port is now officially dead

that happened a while ago because the guy working on it actually did die

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Aren't you inspired with the spirit of exploration and freedom? Did you not cry the first time you rose into the stars? Has the game not excited you for the bright future of humanity?

Children of the sky~
Flying so high

And now, I cry (with happiness, at what mankind has achieved)

I was very inspired when I fast traveled to earth lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dr Pepper posted:

If Starfield is a game good and interesting enough to have ToLK's flaws it would be the best game Bethesda had ever made.

Thanks for bringing that post back. Turns out I was right. Goons lost their minds about the game. I love these forums

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pretty solid burn

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dr Pepper posted:

the problem here is that totk's flaws do not make totk a better game. it would have been a better game if it did not have them. unfortunately nintendo big-franchise first party games aren't allowed to have stories

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Sep 1, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

pretty solid burn

gently caress that robot. I would never tolerate a machine speaking this way in my presence.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Al! posted:

pretty solid burn

we couldn’t continue to use mechs because they shitposted better than any human, and so won their freedom

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the problem here is that totk's flaws do not make totk a better game. it would have been a better game if it did not have them. unfortunately nintendo big-franchise first party games aren't allowed to have stories

Or double digit framerates

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Al! posted:

pretty solid burn

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hope your firewall is up to date because you just got burned

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
HACK THE MANLET

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

seconds later I would have got Hitchbot on that fucker

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1697742540110237756

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

creating a 4th robot law stating robots can't make fun of me

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Robots rule.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
glad to see the Bethesda tradition of stopping time and consuming 500kcal at once lives on in the far flung reaches of space

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

pretty solid burn

:owned:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good. Video games should have zero voice acting.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr Hootington posted:

Disco Elysium has good use of voice acting but i honestly agree for a whole bunch of RPGs.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Mr Hootington posted:

Nintendo staying ahead of the curve

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Red Baron posted:

Nintendo staying ahead of the curve

Glad they fired Mario. Should do zelda next.

Nintendo is going to use ai voices soon. They will be the ones to break the backs of voice actor guilds and people will clap and cheer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Disco Elysium has good use of voice acting but i honestly agree for a whole bunch of RPGs.

Wrong. No game has ever had good voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

player, under fire from multiple bogies; this is terrible omg!
robot (in robot voice) : much like your posting