Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

CaptainBeefart posted:

Me at your post

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

full point
Jan 21, 2006

3 2 1
a.lo
It’s the secret
It’s the moment
When the thread closes
a.lo
It’s the answer
It’s the reason
Why this thread sucks rear end
a.lo
Let’s ban a.lo
3 2 1 a.lo

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
bonsoir

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

comment tallez vous

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vng9s067g4

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

turnrp

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

pasta question

I want the gay spaghetti

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

they're transing the danged spaghetti!

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

does anybody keep an indoor herb garden? what's it like?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

veepfake posted:

Does Harton count?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

veepfake posted:

I did. I used one of those little Aerogardens and it worked like a dream. Oh, I didn't mean weed, but I think it would be great for that as well.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

I’m very sick AND very dumb

get in line pal

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

aerogarden looks interesting, anybody have a less techy-looking setup?

veepfake has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Sep 2, 2023

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Sounds like Oysterhead inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=187gasjEv1c

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

free koirhpr, completely INNOCENT

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

veepfake posted:

aerogarden looks like what i'd like, anybody have a less techy-looking setup?

lowest tech option is probably an led grow light suspended over plants in soil medium in small pots, in grow trays preferably to catch water runoff... i do this to start all my plants indoors before transplanting out since i grow from seed

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tLGO1G48A

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

petit choux posted:

MISANTHROPE ON A CANTALOUPE

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Spoondick posted:

lowest tech option is probably an led grow light suspended over plants in soil medium in small pots, in grow trays preferably to catch water runoff... i do this to start all my plants indoors before transplanting out since i grow from seed

some years basil plants from seed come up outside when I simply throw them on some good dirt in April, some years that doesn't work. It's so hot here early in the year that the drudgery of indoor planting isn't worth it to me. I just want the leaves.

one thing for garden people, and this is from me, a rank junior-level garden person, is that you need lots of perlite and lots of not-too-strong organic fertilizer. Also worm castings, they're good in soil, and some compost. I had great luck with cotton husk compost one year but I've been too lazy to go back and get more.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

pasta question

I would eat that but it looks kind-of sad; there doesn't seem to be much olive oil on it even.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

veepfake posted:

aerogarden looks interesting, anybody have a less techy-looking setup?

i did for a while, but kinda lost interest, i should really start it up again, i just got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXPSW2L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F825Y8H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

then this for the bottom of the shelf:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HCLN1H6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and a few more plastic pots for the bottom

e: fixed second link

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If you have access to an outdoor space it'll be way better then any indoor lighted poo poo. The sun is free! You can grow off season but some things should just be accepted

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

posting on the other technics page

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The most ghetto indoor grow i ever saw was a derelict trailer where they had a sophisticated auto watering system with a big reservoir that would be filled with water and nutes and then a computer would periodically drain it into several children's swimming pool tub things that had bags of potting soil laid out in them with regular holes cut into them and clones planted directly into the holes. The weed was great but the place overall looked like where they would harvest organs in a horror movie

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Virgil Vox posted:

posting on the other technics page

I'm a reloop guy myself

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

been trying green manure for the last couple years to build up humus in my beds since all my dirt came off a dumptruck and all the topsoil got scraped off the lot a couple years back... mostly clover with some pea, vetch and rye... let it grow to about 6 to 12 inches then i add some soil amendments like kelp meal, ag dolomite and earthworm castings, till it under, put down a layer of cardboard, drip tape irrigation on top of the cardboard then 6 inches of shredded cedar on top of that, might not have to do the earthworm castings though because every time I peek under the cardboard or transplant anything there's a shitload of worms

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

The most ghetto indoor grow i ever saw was a derelict trailer where they had a sophisticated auto watering system with a big reservoir that would be filled with water and nutes and then a computer would periodically drain it into several children's swimming pool tub things that had bags of potting soil laid out in them with regular holes cut into them and clones planted directly into the holes. The weed was great but the place overall looked like where they would harvest organs in a horror movie

Did this happen to be in a trailer park called sunnyvale up in canada

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I want the gay spaghetti

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Spoondick posted:

been trying green manure for the last couple years to build up humus in my beds since all my dirt came off a dumptruck and all the topsoil got scraped off the lot a couple years back... mostly clover with some pea, vetch and rye... let it grow to about 6 to 12 inches then i add some soil amendments like kelp meal, ag dolomite and earthworm castings, till it under, put down a layer of cardboard, drip tape irrigation on top of the cardboard then 6 inches of shredded cedar on top of that, might not have to do the earthworm castings though because every time I peek under the cardboard or transplant anything there's a shitload of worms

Nice.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Spoondick posted:

Thats baller and I may take notes

Where my parents moved the soil is real thin and simultaneously clayish and rocky and they've had a hard time growing things. My dad was talking about maybe digging around the roots of their trees and vines and amending that way but I think the soils already crumbly enough that we could just get a few yards of good compost and spread them around the trees in the winter for the rain to seep in. I hadn't considered any cover crops yet, but we had talked about mulch too to keep the soil moist for longer

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Justin Tyme posted:

Did this happen to be in a trailer park called sunnyvale up in canada

Nah lol it was a legacy thing these people were doing before legalization. They tore it out and went legal and financed a really nice modern indoor grow set up that looks like a lab

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7WgSaUvMTo

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Peppers and weed chat.

Did PFC come back and get locked up again already?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shawn "Sinn Féin" Fain

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol I just noticed Steve Mnuchins signature on some money and remembered that trump made the executive producer of Suicide Squad run the treasury

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I grew shishitos a few times, they're delicious but I'd get like 20 by the end of the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Joementum posted:

lol I just noticed Steve Mnuchins signature on some money and remembered that trump made the executive producer of Suicide Squad run the treasury

Cant stooch the mnuch