Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I was going to rank most dispiriting bears losses to the packers but it's pretty obviously the NFC champ game that led to their only title.

What's the packers most dispiriting loss to the Bears? HOF qb legend night where Rodgers couldn't score from first and goal somehow? The ghost of walter payton blocked fg game? 26-0 to open the '06 season?

I feel like this game is the only time the Bears have ever done one of those bullshit comebacks where you trudge down and kick a FG against helpless defenses
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201009270chi.htm

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Which loss to the Packers is the most dispiriting one? The next one.

This one will suck because we're finally liberated from the Hall of Fame quarterbacks but it won't matter since the team sucks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

I was going to rank most dispiriting bears losses to the packers but it's pretty obviously the NFC champ game that led to their only title.

trevor you've got to eat more than an apple and a tiny bit of tuna every day

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I believe in da bears

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I refuse to get on the Love Train.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Even if the Bears are bad they should be fun to watch until Fields suffers a career ending injury behind whatever it is they're doing on the offensive line.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears will never be fun, you could put the entire kansas city offense on this team and they'd still throw for 167 yards and be good only in years when their linebackers score 15 touchdowns.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Niwrad posted:

Even if the Bears are bad they should be fun to watch until Fields suffers a career ending injury behind whatever it is they're doing on the offensive line.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears will never be fun, you could put the entire kansas city offense on this team and they'd still throw for 167 yards and be good only in years when their linebackers score 15 touchdowns.

Remember that four week stretch?
Patriots, cowboys, dolphins, Lions?
Fun team during a tank year.
That's all we've had since the double doink.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Get on board or get out of the way friend.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
If Fields suffers a career ending injury, chances are the Bears are bad enough they just go and get a new QB at the top of the draft.

Which there's a non-zero chance of the Bears doing even if Fields makes it through the season.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Smell the jlove

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pops Mgee posted:

Get on board or get out of the way friend.

Need Love train gang tags.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shrimpy posted:

If Fields suffers a career ending injury, chances are the Bears are bad enough they just go and get a new QB at the top of the draft.

Which there's a non-zero chance of the Bears doing even if Fields makes it through the season.

And the Bears will just ruin that qb too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yup. Nothing matters

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I still wish the bears would run the wishbone once or twice a game

Fields , kmet as the upback, Herbert and foreman behind. Split DJ Moore and chase claypool out wide. Unstoppable

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Run two QBs instead of RBs.
Two. QB. Offence.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

What about the love boat?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roseo posted:

What about the love boat?

Not the Vikings.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Love Train
Lovie Smith
Love Boat
(Detroit)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Luv super bowl appearances

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I dunno. Worst loss to the pack would be the last game of the season in 2010. If we won, they were out of the playoffs. It was just a lovely lack of effort game.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm sure everyone in the NFC North will find a way to disappoint, as is tradition.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ZombieCrew posted:

I dunno. Worst loss to the pack would be the last game of the season in 2010. If we won, they were out of the playoffs. It was just a lovely lack of effort game.

Wasn't that the game where everyone was dragging Cutler afterwards for not playing hurt, only for it come out that he literally had torn something in his knee?

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Timby posted:

Wasn't that the game where everyone was dragging Cutler afterwards for not playing hurt, only for it come out that he literally had torn something in his knee?

No I think he's talking about the regular season week 17 game, which was absolutely tightly contested. That game was straight up playoff atmosphere and the Bears kept their starters playing all game when they had absolutely nothing to gain from it past kicking the Packers out of the playoffs. The defense was smothering the Packers offense for most of the game, and if I remember right the game wasn't decided until late in the fourth quarter.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

This is, to my memory, how literally every single remotely close Bears-Packers game of the Rodgers era has ended

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Roseo posted:

No I think he's talking about the regular season week 17 game, which was absolutely tightly contested. That game was straight up playoff atmosphere and the Bears kept their starters playing all game when they had absolutely nothing to gain from it past kicking the Packers out of the playoffs. The defense was smothering the Packers offense for most of the game, and if I remember right the game wasn't decided until late in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, sorry. Defense was solid. Offense never clicked.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

ZombieCrew posted:

Yeah, sorry. Defense was solid. Offense never clicked.

Neither offense clicked, both defenses got to feast. It was cold as balls, windy which made it colder, and a late game which means the temperature cratered as soon as the sun went down about halfway through the second quarter. It was absolutely miserable and yet one of the games I look back on most memorably.

And then the Packers kept losing home games in the cold after that and the whole cold weather team mystique kinda went up in a poof of smoke. I mean, who's afraid to go to lambeau in the playoffs anymore... :(

Roseo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 2, 2023

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
snow football is the purest, most distilled form of football. it's so hosed up the boring southern stadiums are ruining things for the sport....

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Snow football rules
All bad weather football owns
But heatstroke/frostbite football? Eh. Dome.
Retractable though so they can play in the snow

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
There were definitely meatball fans that dragged Cutler for not finishing the nfc championship game on a torn acl because he was standing on the sideline.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm sure everyone in the NFC North will find a way to disappoint, as is tradition.

Only thing we wont disappoint in is making it to 2 decades without a title :v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Jason_Morrin/status/1698001674512515197

jesus christ why would you sign this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

This predatory poo poo is far more common than you might expect. There's a reason the NFLPA has a mandatory financial literacy course for all first-year players.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Is this poo poo even legal? I don't see how it can be.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sataere posted:

This is America. The land of grifts and scams.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just looked up the "total value" of Dexter's rookie contract on Spotrac and 15% of it comes to $1,008,559.20. And again, that's just his second round rookie contract.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sataere posted:

Elly de la Cruz of the Cincinnati Reds signed a similar contract. It’s really lovely, but I’m not sure what’s illegal about it. It’s like a really awful loan.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Timby posted:

This predatory poo poo is far more common than you might expect. There's a reason the NFLPA has a mandatory financial literacy course for all first-year players.

Thank god all NFL players spent at least a year in college, meaning they were accepted to an institution based on educational merit.

I got a hearty chuckle today realizing that 10% of the NFL considers keeping the Packers out of the playoffs at least as good as making it to the postseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I got a hearty chuckle today realizing that 10% of the NFL considers keeping the Packers out of the playoffs at least as good as making it to the postseason.

Not as good, just the next best thing