Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Though I do hate the loving 2 hour tutorial bullshit that's the standard now because of Steam's refund window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Homeless Friend posted:

this is all the spacegame you need

brb unlocking the space sim in Excel

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

That's how tutorials normally work in these kinds of games so I don't know what you were expecting.

typically they try and tease some cool stuff, some mystery but everything they show you is an anti-hook. The setup is stale soda.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

to balance how automatic weapons now feel great and easy to use bethesda made them do the damage of bb's :negative:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

to balance how automatic weapons now feel great and easy to use bethesda made them do the damage of bb's :negative:

I got an smg with explosive rounds and it ragdolls enemies like crazy and leaves them stunned or something on the ground and it rules

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Red Baron posted:

I got an smg with explosive rounds and it ragdolls enemies like crazy and leaves them stunned or something on the ground and it rules

automatics with explosive bullets were a great combo in Fallout 4 and it's the same engine so I guess keep an eye out for an exploder shotgun too

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
playing vermintide 2 again and its the only game that gives u carpal on the keyboard hand

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was playing Cities Skylines* on the PS5 this morning and my wife was watching over my shoulder and she goes "what are you playing? what is that? it looks so basic" and she didn't really mean it pejoratively but I was still so embarrassed that I switched over to playing the nicest looking game I had installed, Jedi Fallen Order, which she does like watching me play.

And I know it's not just a matter of CS being "old" because we've been playing co-op Moving Out 2 together and those graphics don't bother her one bit, so there's definitely an element of taste and artistic direction in there.

___

* it's highway robbery that the devs made a PS5-dedicated version but you still have to purchase it separately as an entirely new game.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Mr Hootington posted:

Loquacius you should buy me an Xbox x and starfield. You just got a very high paying job

(I change Loquacius's cell on my spreadsheet from "laid-off" to "employed")

Hey, congrats on the new job, man! That's great news!

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

And I know it's not just a matter of CS being "old" because we've been playing co-op Moving Out 2 together and those graphics don't bother her one bit, so there's definitely an element of taste and artistic direction in there.

___

* it's highway robbery that the devs made a PS5-dedicated version but you still have to purchase it separately as an entirely new game.

as someone who has sunk like 500 hours into the PC version of C:S, I can't imagine playing it with the original graphics and assets. the game is... not stylish. there's a reason why all the nice screenshots online are of games that are so heavily modded it requires 64GB of RAM to load a save

(I stopped playing after getting sick of how many mods I needed in order to make a nice looking city with non-car-centric infrastructure and how poor the performance was with all those mods enabled)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

so its like the majority of final fantasy games

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I would simply play a game that was good all the way through

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

a game that falls off hard at the end (namely if you do the main quest) is also pretty bad

totk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh yeah I should charge my vita and play the psp Armored Core games.

they are brutal. between the controls and tiny display its hard. be careful which one you play first. the second one assumes you are importing data from the first one and starts off with levels that you cant beat without more booster that you would otherwise have to cross big pits or really tough enemy acs that your lovely targeting compute cant hit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

todd chadward

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

are they gonna make models of the armored core mechs that I can assemble and paint

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Whirling posted:

are they gonna make models of the armored core mechs that I can assemble and paint

yeah

https://www.siliconera.com/kotobukiya-announced-an-official-armored-core-vi-model-kit/

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
BG3 is a great game and the writing is decent but I feel a bit bait and switched about the fantasy morality. At the start of the game you are introduced a bunch of companions with a variety of not clearly good/evil motivations/personalities/backstories, the main quest presents a difficult decision along the lines of 'do you embrace the worm power and change or keep your identity', and you have a friendly but untrustworthy protector.

By the mid to late game every quest seems like a choice between 'help adorable Orphan Timmy' or 'feed Timmy to Zvarthlax the Torturer'

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

hell yeah gaming is good and so is painting models

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

BG3 is a great game and the writing is decent but I feel a bit bait and switched about the fantasy morality. At the start of the game you are introduced a bunch of companions with a variety of not clearly good/evil motivations/personalities/backstories, the main quest presents a difficult decision along the lines of 'do you embrace the worm power and change or keep your identity', and you have a friendly but untrustworthy protector.

By the mid to late game every quest seems like a choice between 'help adorable Orphan Timmy' or 'feed Timmy to Zvarthlax the Torturer'

You want Zvarthlax to starve? You monster!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
this orb of creation game is hosed. i have no idea what im doing or what these buttons do but ive been smashing them for the last 3 hours

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the worst (and only substantially bad) thing to me about TOTK is that beating it is no different from any time you sleep your Switch while playing. the denouement after killing Ganon sucks poo poo because it's completely nonexistent. it feels exactly the same as pausing the game to take a piss or something, there is no sense of accomplishment or closure or conclusion

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

punished milkman posted:

this orb of creation game is hosed. i have no idea what im doing or what these buttons do but ive been smashing them for the last 3 hours

Yeah I got to the end of the current beta branch and didn't realize it for a long time because I barely understood what was happening and just assumed more features would show up

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
To respect the strike I will only pirate games until it’s over.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Red Baron posted:

TotK: has mech
AC6: many mech
Starfield: no mech????

mech

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

brb launching my twitter gimmick Can You Drive The Mech?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would simply play a game that was good all the way through

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

might bump the difficulty up in against the storm. finally unlocked a blueprint that makes all construction materials at two star quality :getin:

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
loaded up starfield and got to the character creation and it’s just the default Skyrim hair models with no changes whatsoever.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

well that person who makes the mod with like 2000 hair options should have an easy job

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sounds like something cribbed from the Bioware School of Ethical Dilemmas

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Person who has had the same hair style since 2011: why does this game only have 23 hairstyle options?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hair style?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

if you don't feed Timmy to Zvarthlax the Torturer, Trump wins

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i never understood why mindflayers had no soul, if anything it sounded like they have even more soul

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Homeless Friend posted:

i never understood why mindflayers had no soul, if anything it sounded like they have even more soul

I think it's related to how they procreate, Mindflayers Don't gently caress, With One Exception Holy poo poo gently caress Off Dude

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Honestly I have no idea what a soul even is in DND cosmology beyond maybe a nice way to spawn in more angels/demons/devils/whatever the gently caress chaotic good has for its special guys.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr Hootington posted:

Person who has had the same hair style since 2011: why does this game only have 23 hairstyle options?

Look they're trying to live out a fantasy, ok

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

this is all the spacegame you need

I already mentioned this.

Unfortunately going back to play it now it needs a looooot of work and kinda doesn't hold up in a lot of places without proper patches and additions. Underspace is probably our best bet for a new game, though I know for a fact I'm not going to vibe with the Cthulhu aesthetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tbf with d&d the higher your levels get the more things get clearly split between good/evil

in part because good and evil are very real cosmic forces in that universe