Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have multiple of those pickle lighters they're my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Vampire Panties posted:

I've had a million of these little duders over the years. Very durable, long lasting battery, easy to use. The problems are - you need the magnetic tip to make it work, which are easy to lose, but also the conducting plates to the magnetic tip get gunk built up on them so they won't conduct. The plates are down inside the cartridge cylinder so they're very difficult to clean.
i got one of these and it's the best pen i've used. it's auto pull and you huff on the case instead of on your pen tip so that's what gets dirty instead and it's really easy to clean. sort of like a mini starship but looks like a nicotine vape

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

That little mug is awesome. I have the larger version and may now need to get that cutie in orange.

JNCO BILOBA fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 29, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Carth Dookie posted:

Oil paints are like that. Watch some Bob Ross on YouTube

But the way they mastered the audio, the paint sounds absolutely blow out the ambient music

I'm not misophonic or anything but why

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

butt dickus posted:

i got one of these and it's the best pen i've used. it's auto pull and you huff on the case instead of on your pen tip so that's what gets dirty instead and it's really easy to clean. sort of like a mini starship but looks like a nicotine vape

Also these look nice as hell, scooped up one of the leather 2g ones in green. Picked one up for my wife too who has been interested in the nic vape looking type for discreetness.

Weed tech is so good :okpos:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Okay, things have been going awesome, I'm much more chill now and playing well with others. But my tolerance has gotten ridiculous and now a 10mg gummy is still a good time but not nearly as effective. People talk about tolerance breaks, which I will do real soon now. Other than increasing the measured amount of THC, do different strains or delivery mechanisms help?

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

It can get a bit subjective with strains, though some are universally known. Smoking/vaping flower is typically more immediate/consistent than edibles, oil pens are convenient but $$ and can skyrocket your tolerance over time, and dabs are advanced mode but you’ll never have gotten to the moon faster.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Vaphit bubbler stem arrived. Thread recommendations win again, it's really quite nice.

Took me a minute to figure out how it fills and to where, a simple illustration card would have been nice. Not sure about the case, I don't think I'll end up using it.

e: The shape is well thought out, you can lay it down on the table without the water coming out or the hot cap touching the surface. The little nubs on the biggest diameter stop it rolling around. Nice.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 31, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Vaya con weedos

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Revins posted:

I have multiple of those pickle lighters they're my favorite

Same, but I obsessively pick at things so all my cool bics eventually just become white lighters after I tear the graphic off

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm gonna smoke some weed

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
That reminds me of something I need to do

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

beepo posted:

That reminds me of something I need to do

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I love how Drugs this setup looks.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ReelBigLizard posted:

lmao @ making a carrying case and weed tools purposely look like a 50's shootup rig

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sometimes, I do the drugs too

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

sometimes, I do the drugs too

heck, same...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Drugs are cool

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

drugs are really excellent

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MrQwerty posted:

lmao @ making a carrying case and weed tools purposely look like a 50's shootup rig

laughed aloud at this

ooooh boy the gummies hit earlier and I dissociated for longer, and it's fun realizing I don't know what anything is, but I *should* know what it is, and uh oh my brain rebooted again

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ReelBigLizard posted:

Man, I picked up one of those vortex lighters for cigars, forgot to test the flame, sumbitch felt like a jet engine near my face. Had to turn it down a good bit.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
also: I used a garlic crusher to crush the watermelon for the gummies, and it worked flawlessly. it was a bitch to clean out of the crusher, but the consistency of these is great. no chunks!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

also: I used a garlic crusher to crush the watermelon for the gummies, and it worked flawlessly. it was a bitch to clean out of the crusher, but the consistency of these is great. no chunks!

You make your own gummies?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I ran 6 miles this morning then I walked the same path again this evening, and I'm like smoking weed and chilling rn and it's so good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

I ran 6 miles this morning then I walked the same path again this evening, and I'm like smoking weed and chilling rn and it's so good.

How fast brother? Your minutes per mile?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

How fast brother? Your minutes per mile?

the run was 11min miles, the walk was slow cause I was walking with my wife.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hmm i should make a cool portable rig. i just use a hitter box like a weed normie

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I got high and powerwalked like 20 minutes. Not as good as that other guy but still, weed plus walking owns.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

the run was 11min miles, the walk was slow cause I was walking with my wife.

My man!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

weed and exercise, it's like peanutbutter and jelly.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

as far as excercise goes weed + swimming is best though :hai:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

redshirt posted:

You make your own gummies?

I do!

been meaning to post my recipe, so far so good but just slightly too tough:

2tbsp knox gelatin bloomed in ?? (this time crushed watermelon, usually just water)
2tbsp fruit pectin

then once bloomed, into a little saucepan with:
five big drops of liquid soy lecithin
1/8 tbsp potassium sorbate

turn up heat to medium, let it melt, whisk it together, then turn the heat up very slightly, let it come to gentle simmer and skim the gross foam off the top (do this it's worth it)

then heat goes off, and in goes:
1/4 cup corn syrup (I really want to switch this out for something)
whisk whisk whisk
then
3oz jello packet (whatever works, I try to compliment the blooming liquid)
whisk whisk whisk

I like to then return it to the warm but turned off burner, whisk it a bunch and let it warm up a bit more, and then in goes the concentrate

then off the heat entirely, whisk in hand, and:
I use a huge amount because tolerance / stomach, so in goes 2g of distillate usually, but RSO works too. Make sure whatever it is is decarbed

whisk the poo poo out of that for like 10 seconds, then it's directly into silicone molds. This batch was one of those big 100+ cavity molds that makes little squares, and I just poured the hot gummy mix over it and quickly distributed it to the cells in the mold, scraping a flat edged thing across the top. Every moment it's out of the hot pan it's trying to solidify!

Once it's all in the mold, into the fridge it goes. I've played with 10 mins in freezer to rapidly set them first, but I'm usually too high and I'm worried I'll forget lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
it took so fuckin long to write that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Revins posted:

as far as excercise goes weed + swimming is best though :hai:

Weed and Canoeing

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I like weed with my weed.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I can pretty reliably spend $50 and get 4g of weed in Bangkok now that it's legal. Is that a good rate. Today I got 3g of Pure Michigan and 1g of King Kush.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Atlas Hugged posted:

I can pretty reliably spend $50 and get 4g of weed in Bangkok now that it's legal. Is that a good rate. Today I got 3g of Pure Michigan and 1g of King Kush.

$60 is what I used to pay for an eighth when it was illegal buying from dealers, around what they cost when it first became legal last April without a card, and now I can get eighths for $15 in NM

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

$10 a g seems to be standard both in street and dispensary prices in the midwest

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I've straight up just never bought weed from a dealer so I just don't have a point of comparison. Either way, it's been good times this last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I've straight up just never bought weed from a dealer so I just don't have a point of comparison. Either way, it's been good times this last year.

I envy you, friend. I don't miss the days of waiting at a gas station parking lot after midnight just to buy some lovely shwag. Or "dealer time" when five minutes could mean anywhere from fifteen to an hour. Or having to go with the guy as he does burnouts at every green light.

Dealers suck.