Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i don't like driving trucks and wouldn't drive one unless i absolutely had to but they are mostly purpose built vehicles they do mostly have purposes idg why goons irrationally hate All Trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FirstnameLastname posted:

i don't like driving trucks and wouldn't drive one unless i absolutely had to but they are mostly purpose built vehicles they do mostly have purposes idg why goons irrationally hate All Trucks

I think its more hating modern design choices in trucks, and hating on their use as a status symbol vs work vehicle

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

it's less the concept of a truck as used for work requiring a truck, are more a) the mutation of what a truck has become on the road and in culture and b) the people who aspire to become "the type of person who drives a truck"

e:fb :hf:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
yeah i should've excepted modern retirement dad tonka trucks

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

yeah i should've excepted modern retirement dad tonka trucks

I think trucks used for work are fine, and specialized trucks used for exceptional tasks or hauling cargo are cool, but would prefer building more effective infrastructure (e.g. freight rail, paths for bicycle cargo, cargo trams) where it makes sense

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Sep 2, 2023

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's going to do it he's going to tweet the n word

cause he's da joker baby

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

this is why. look at what trucks have become.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Will no one rid me of this turbulent boer?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Consummate Professional posted:

you do not have to hand it to him

Wow, not even to help him get out of the hole he dug himself into?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
elon trucks

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Haven't even trucked in ages (sigh)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

sharknado slashfic posted:

I had one of these for a while in my 20s

The heat...my god the heat...

Don't forget the single cab that can seat 4 people via a lovely fold down jump seat

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Shrecknet posted:

neither can fit a 4x8 sheet flat in the bed so they're equally useless

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

It's this

some of these trucks have a blind spot big enough to fit a Camry

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mini trucks were part of a subculture that would be fun to see make a comeback.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
mini trucks fuckin owned

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Shrecknet posted:

Badass?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Shrecknet posted:

what make/model is the truck on the left?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i hauled so much poo poo in my 240sx hatch. furniture, a fuckin 40" tube tv, it did it all.

bass guitar in a hard case, bass amp (4*10 cabinet and a head) and half a drum kit + the drummer in mine.

55" LCD tv another time.

overnight bags and ski gear for two people with sleeping bags/pillows/blankets.

the perfect car.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Both bad and rear end, yes.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

err posted:

what make/model is the truck on the left?

I think its a 1980-90s Jeep Comanche in one of it's many design variations but I can't find a perfect match.
But It also looks a lot like a Ford Ranger from the same time period

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My dad had a Ford Ranger, he had a camper shell and carpeted interior in the bed which was excellent at the drive in. He also towed a sailboat around with it. Great little truck.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shrecknet posted:

<-Redneck................Cartel->

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

people don’t hate ‘trucks’ they hate the kind of people who buy trucks because they just want to be riding around in a giant fuckin tank of a vehicle instead of because they actually need a truck, which has led to the creation of a bunch of bastard ‘trucks’ good for nothing except being huge on the road

they’re just SUVs for bros instead of karens

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A guy at work bought a fully loaded Chevy Colorado and it couldnt pull his boat up the small hill at his lake

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I miss my cherry red 96 s-10 with the extended cab. I had it lowered. absolute pussy wagon.

I drove a 23 F150 and it was impossible park without taking up multiple spaces like a jack rear end. rode way too high. Almost ran over Shirley Muldowney.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/Ascendid_1/status/1697959480942575660?t=nAv_L-TECLnPjxPGGG_nKQ&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thats a parody

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

looking into this (if the holocaust as real)

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 73 days!)

Ash Crimson posted:

*Guile voice* CHRONIC GOON

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shrecknet posted:

not really fair to use a Japanese micro truck from the late 70's instead of an old Ford from the 40's

Seatbelts posted:

I think its a 1980-90s Jeep Comanche in one of it's many design variations but I can't find a perfect match.
But It also looks a lot like a Ford Ranger from the same time period

no way, definitely Japanese. either Isuzu or Mazda. the Comanche had that piece in the b pillar that gave it away

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Danny LaFever posted:

A guy at work bought a fully loaded Chevy Colorado and it couldnt pull his boat up the small hill at his lake

The Colorado is for looking butch in your suburban driveway and GM intentionally underpowered it with a four cylinder so as to not undercut Silverado sales

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats a parody

Isn’t that the parody account that does nothing but heap praise on musk?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the higher your truck is jacked, the more incel you are

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Shrecknet posted:

Do those two have the same bed sizes?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Isn’t that the parody account that does nothing but heap praise on musk?
yeah and it has 885,000 followers

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Nothus posted:

The Colorado is for looking butch in your suburban driveway and GM intentionally underpowered it with a four cylinder so as to not undercut Silverado sales

Add on top of the underpowered engine that every thing you add reduces your towing capacity and that fully loaded colorado can barely haul itself around nevermind any sort of towed load.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

True I'm not sure what he expected.

Anyways, he sold it. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
people don't really use trucks to tow anything, mostly for driving around