Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Looks like the game doesn't pause on someone collecting a power up or dying. Which is a very good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The game pausing when someone got a power up resulting in death and then a cascade as people mess up from those is always funny, when you are watching it happen to someone else. But when you are playing it, it is happening to you, and it isn't funny. So it's good they removed it.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

DLC Inc posted:

does it get more interesting after the first few hours because so far the writing is very poor and there haven't been any large towns/cities I've reached yet. For clarity I have 3 characters and just beat the first meaningful boss (hoot) but first impressions have been "gorgeous spritework, promising battle system, everything else is typical indie rpg"

Weird, I've liked the writing from the jump, especially compared to other indie RPGs like Chained Echoes.

The spritework is amazing. The soundtrack is memorable and polished, an instant classic. Combat is engaging and challenging.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im gona need a new jar for the elephant peach amiibo

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

For anybody who enjoyed Curse of the Golden Idol, the second DLC just dropped

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

i didnt know stewie family guy was the voice of the flowers

that would be poggers

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KingSlime posted:

Some people believe you can't distill what a game is like to play just from footage, usually to dismiss criticism for a game they haven't played either. It's a pretty common argument, though of course it's flat out wrong.

Unless it's a weird genre or something very unique, gameplay videos and trailers tell you everything you need to know. We're not dealing with rocket science here but rather mass produced entertainment geared at kids. Hell they even listed the exact sequence of the worlds lol

I know I've hammered this into the ground but "Doom 2016 is slow boring and multiplayer focused"

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Len posted:

I know I've hammered this into the ground but "Doom 2016 is slow boring and multiplayer focused"

Do you think that the talking flowers in Super Mario Wonder are going to be significantly different than what they appeared to be in the gameplay footage they showed off?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Snake Maze posted:

Do you think that the talking flowers in Super Mario Wonder are going to be significantly different than what they appeared to be in the gameplay footage they showed off?

Resident Evil 7 was a lovely outlast clone with no combat

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
People were pressed over Resident Evil 7 because they thought it was a reboot and their 20+ years of knowledge of the stupidest lore known to man was going to go down the drain. As soon as people saw an Umbrella logo everyone is happy again.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mr.Acula posted:

:chloe:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Lots of good games on sale right now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr.Acula posted:

:goofy:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
What a horrible night to have eyes.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mr.Acula posted:

To place over the amiibo and keep it safe from dust, various bits of dirt, etc presumably

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morpheus posted:

To place over the amiibo and keep it safe from dust, various bits of dirt, etc presumably

You... you just keep on believing that.

That's exactly what they meant, and nothing else... :unsmith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

404notfound posted:

For anybody who enjoyed Curse of the Golden Idol, the second DLC just dropped

they still haven’t fixed the save games on switch. I’d avoid tbh

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've seen people on these forums rave about 13 sentinels forever. It's on sale for 17 bux on switch, how's it run?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I played it on Switch, it runs great.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Snake Maze posted:

Thanks!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/1697883130261020898

real

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Switchmented Reality Gaming

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My Uncle at Square Enix says his Uncle at Nintendo said this is real.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Man they’re not even trying anymore huh?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have a Switch 2 and can confirm this is false. There's not way they would launch with as bad a game as FF7R.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re wrong the Switch is gonna last four more years

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snake Maze posted:

How'd the final mission go on Switch? On PS4 it's generally fine, but the last battle would get real chuggy at times due to the sheer volume of ordinance and enemies flying about.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My uncle is Shigeru Miyamoto and he said the Switch 2 will only have one game, Mother 3.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nintendo will never make another console

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Gonna buy Mario Kart 8 on a third console

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Switch 2 needs to have streetpass. If I say this enough times it will come true

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Okay but will it be powerful enough to fully load the texture on Cloud’s apartment door

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

"Look, just because the first Nintendo Switch outsold the Xbox One and Series skus combined by 2:1 in 60% of the time..."

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Good

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who would fill the power vacuumed if Microsoft leaves? Maybe Nec will come back! PC Engine 2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remember the other day when a guy posted a leaker who said N64 game was going up later today and everybody was mocking him and then an n64 gang went up

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Every Nintendo leak post just makes me remember this and lol:

worms butthole guy posted:

hi nintendo thread my connections let me in on some gaming rumors and i got a juicy one told to me yesterday:

march 28th, nintendo direct, switch succesor announced, targetting fall 23 launch

my connections are typically v good you can ask anyone

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Switch 2 will probably be a marginally better XBone. Always a generation or two behind everyone else. But no one will care because MARIO TIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Flying Zamboni posted:

Every Nintendo leak post just makes me remember this and lol:

thank you lol

I think about this post also