Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

that has literally been the central point of gog's free games giveaways since day 1
from the very first one it has always signed you up for marketing emails
The newsletter, yeah, but the Trusted Partners bit must be recent because I haven't seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I claimed it yesterday and checked today. I was only subbed for hot dealz.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In your area.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
if the game is free, then you are the game

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

SexyBlindfold posted:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You are what you... freet?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Someone IDDKFA me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you're playing my life, please use a cheat code or buy the battle pass or something. You're not doing very well.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

just completed myself

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGzWicuI8n8

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

If you're playing my life, please use a cheat code or buy the battle pass or something. You're not doing very well.

I'm just tossing in all the mods and special events, it's a bit jank but the new NPCs are hilarious

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SexyBlindfold posted:

EA sports is in me, and in us all

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cave Story+ is up on EGS

Spelldrifter next

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Behold, the power of HGH.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

repiv posted:

Cave Story+ is up on EGS

i demand everyone in this thread play this game
thank you

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Play the original free release one tho, nicalis are scumbags

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

...in which I want to quote an old post, but then end up editing it, so I don't know what happened to it and then find out so I get annoyed and just quote the new old post.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 1, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mierenneuker posted:

...in which I want to quote an old post, but then end up editing it, so I don't know what happened to it and then find out so I get annoyed and just quote the new old post.

Wow, the rare "edit is not quote"

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
king's bounty: the legend is free on GOG 'till September 4.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
KB is a great series. There are several sequels that are more or less standalone expansions, KB: Crossworlds (an expanded rerelease of KB: Armored Princrss) seems to be regarded best, but they're all pretty similar. It's like Heroes of Might & Magic or Disciples or Songs of Conquest but without the strategy meta-layer, it's all about a hero with an army exploring dense maps and fighting tactical battles. The story tries to channel Terry Pratchett to make kitchen sink generic fantasy less dull, but the writing isn't up to task. It doesn't really matter that much cause it doesn't have long cutscenes or important conversation choices, so subpar writing is not tiring.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
These two space games have gone from paid to free to play, and can be added to your Steam account:

Astral Shipwright

Helium Rain

quote:

It's been about a decade since I first started prototyping a space game - one where you'd start off with a small ship and trade resources. Two games, three game engines and 15,000 copies sold later, here am I with a new life where I don't quite have the time for such work anymore.

Deimos Games will be shutting down this year. Both Helium Rain and Astral Shipwright will be going free-to-play, so that new players can still experience them in the future. As a reminder, both are also open-source, so if you were going to build anything based on these projects, you now have access to free content too. It's been refreshing to see game developers reuse code for their own projects, and I hope that will continue.

I want to thank all players who supported me on this endeavour. I'm truly happy that I was able to share my work with you.

Stranger

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

ilitarist posted:

KB is a great series. There are several sequels that are more or less standalone expansions, KB: Crossworlds (an expanded rerelease of KB: Armored Princrss) seems to be regarded best, but they're all pretty similar. It's like Heroes of Might & Magic or Disciples or Songs of Conquest but without the strategy meta-layer, it's all about a hero with an army exploring dense maps and fighting tactical battles. The story tries to channel Terry Pratchett to make kitchen sink generic fantasy less dull, but the writing isn't up to task. It doesn't really matter that much cause it doesn't have long cutscenes or important conversation choices, so subpar writing is not tiring.

mmhmm sure ok

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Come play m'lord.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They are good games if you like HoMM! I feel sorry for the people buying them with expectations based on the covers though because it's all just hex based strategy with 0 fanservice I can remember.

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012

Substandard posted:

They are good games if you like HoMM! I feel sorry for the people buying them with expectations based on the covers though because it's all just hex based strategy with 0 fanservice I can remember.
Ah very good to know. Flipping through the screenshots and they look quality.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JammyB posted:

These two space games have gone from paid to free to play, and can be added to your Steam account:

Astral Shipwright

Helium Rain

This is the coolest possible way to sunset your game, and it allows the community to pick up the torch

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Substandard posted:

A major thing is being to get various bonuses from a wife. Like a questline only equipment slot. But that only takes it to 1/100 fanservice as far as I got. Maybe the demon faction gets it up to 2?

Yes I did marry the frog.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
King's Bounty is a really good, really hard strategy experience. It's also the title that I played until I got RSI and realised it was time to cut back on video games. Thanks King's Bounty!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I didn't care much for the modern KBs, for how weirdly linear they were, compared to the original.

I do remember liking their skill systems, with the colour based XP and sorta focus on going for hybrid stuff.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

alexandriao posted:

mmhmm sure ok

Do NOT play this game if you are under 18.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

THE BAR posted:

I didn't care much for the modern KBs, for how weirdly linear they were, compared to the original.

I wish someone would remake the original KB. It would seem like a relatively easy project for an indie.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ilitarist posted:

does such a person even exist on the forums?!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ilitarist posted:

My Spirit Otter posted:

does such a person even exist on the forums?!

Mentally, there are thousands.

Don't look at me... I'm a bitter old Englishman who is disgusted by any attempt to stimulate my base urges.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm a cool teen

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm a cool teen

I’m a five year old girl, with a 2000 year old soul so I’m down for whatever. Shocking? You’ll find out!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.gog.com/en/game/ghost_master

Ghost Master free on GoG. Kind of a funky strategy/adventure game where you haunt different houses to scare people out

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Ghost Master free on GoG. Kind of a funky strategy/adventure game where you haunt different houses to scare people out

This is one of the best games ever made and for free is a steal beyond measure. gently caress the memes, play the games.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Ghost Master is a lot of good fun.

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
It is a surprisingly fun game. I strongly recommend doing the widescreen fix detailed here-

https://www.gog.com/forum/ghost_master/widescreen_solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Waffleman_ posted:

For some reason my brain read "funky" as "kinky" and i was both intriuged and confused