Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
30XX came out yesterday so I’ve been playing that. it’s pretty good, better than the first at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I've been playing the TMNT DLC that just came out.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I just got the 152nd shrine in TotK the other day, so I guess I can finally give that one a break. Bought Hollow Knight a while back and never started that so maybe that’ll be next

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Mega64 posted:

What are you all playing on the Nintendo Switch?

Thanks a recommendation in this thread, I am playing Wuppo! It was quite good, definitely worth it on sale. Certainly the most whimsical and melancholy metroidvania I've played.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I beat Champion's Road in 3D World yesterday! :toot:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Now with unfuckable Amiibo

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mega64 posted:

I went crawling back to Monster Hunter GU because it's the only game in the series that let's me beat up monsters as a cat.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Itsa me, Doctor Hornio

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mega64 posted:

I started Final Fantasy 2 with the four characters named Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, George, but it got too powerful, too quickly :ohdear:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Mega64 posted:

I just beat 999 lines on Tetris 99 :cool:

And I just got an A2 heart kill in Slay The Spire so I guess you could say I'm pretty much a pro gamer now. :hellyeah:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mega64 posted:

Still slowly working my way through Great Ace Attorney, I'm on 2-4 now and Van Zeiks is going through some weird not-quite-Edgeworth arc where his protege is prosecuting him for a crime he (likely) didn't commit.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm working on FE Engage and then maybe jumping back into Gravity Circuit.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started trying Mega Picross, instead of just pretending it's not real in every game. It's making sense now, at least. But I still wish they would have new pictures compared to the normal mode.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

picked up Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battles for my next Switch game. was split between it and its sequel but ultimately went with the first because i like the art direction more. super charming game. i suck at XCOM. put like 30 hours in Enemy Unknown but still get my rear end kicked. this game is very much baby's first XCOM but i dig just breezing through it. very xen. especially after a long day.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Mega64 posted:

playing some vamp survivors and going through octopath 2. both very fine games.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mega64 posted:

Ring Fit Adventure

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Huzzah! posted:

playing some vamp survivors and going through octopath 2. both very fine games.

Oh yeah, I'm also playing Octopath 2, but I have it on Steam instead of Switch.

Never played this first one, but I've really enjoyed it. Although I probably shouldn't have spent so much time exploring and finding all the dungeons and poo poo because I way overleveled myself. By the time I got to everyone's final chapters, all my guys were pushing 50 except for my main, who was around the 65-70 range.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hey Mega, you ever play Octopath? you should check it out. i think it's a game series you'd be into

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Just beat Triangle Strategy for the first time. Now to start NG+ :shepface:

I like this better than FFT

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Has anyone ever had issues with the joycons disconnecting while playing in handheld mode? They aren't loose, and it doesn't do the little click thing on the side of the screen when they disconnect. They just sometimes stop working until I slide it off then snap it back on.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Andorra posted:

Has anyone ever had issues with the joycons disconnecting while playing in handheld mode? They aren't loose, and it doesn't do the little click thing on the side of the screen when they disconnect. They just sometimes stop working until I slide it off then snap it back on.

I used to have this happen from time to time. And as far as I can tell, it's something with the tiny sensor laser sliding out of place. After a while I noticed my left hand will slide the left joycon a little upward, and it's enough to cause that to happen. They don't have to move much for that alignment to get too far out of place though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I think I might buy Legend Bowl or whatever it’s called. It looks fun

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Been playing SteamWorld Heist for the 10th time. This game is so loving fun

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

Lumines, TotK, Fortnite (lol)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I haven’t been keeping up the the Theatrhythm DLC I should go back in a play all the new songs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

apparently you can turn the flower voice off in smbw if anyone was concerned about that

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I'm playing bg3 and counting the days to Baten Kaitos.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Commander Keene posted:

Still slowly working my way through Great Ace Attorney, I'm on 2-4 now and Van Zeiks is going through some weird not-quite-Edgeworth arc where his protege is prosecuting him for a crime he (likely) didn't commit.

Great Ace Attorney 1 is merely okay, but 2 more than makes up for it.

Augus posted:

apparently you can turn the flower voice off in smbw if anyone was concerned about that

They're in Super Mario World too?? :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What I really want is a way to turn off the text sounds in ace attorney, but not turn off the other sound effects. I like the sound effects! But I turn them off because I can't deal with the repeated typewriter bleeps and bloops

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

TotK, wrapping up all the missions before I finish fine-combing the underground and looking for caves and wells. I may try to kill every large monster. Maybe maybe not. I'm definitely on the camp of BotW being the better game because TotK is too full of things to do, but also it's way more sign-posted. I think I'd heavily advise people to do the main quests and avoid getting to side-tracked if they play it.

I found Mineru and her quest randomly while exploring and it was very cool feeling, but it involved me bumbling through the fog of Thunderhead stubbornly to do so. A mix of tenacity and light let me sort of decipher a few feet ahead of me, and game logic let me kinda figure out where the two shrines were, but having just done the quest, I think it may have been more fun to have been able to see.
It's like the Rito dungeon, I found it through gliding, building, and rockets but then couldn't do anything about it. The game has exploration but I don't find it quite as encouraging, subtle, or ingrained as BotW was. It's fine though because it's still insanely fun, but it's got a very different mood.

I'm also playing Vampire Survivors on the side. Pikmin 4 is waiting for me and my wife and I are getting through Oxenfree and considering starting a new Stardew famr together.

Alacron posted:

I've been playing the TMNT DLC that just came out.

Did not know this! What is it? Worth it?

spiritual bypass posted:

Just beat Triangle Strategy for the first time. Now to start NG+ :shepface:

I like this better than FFT

It almost certainly is. I play a stage here and there with thematic units or weird strategies just to try it out. The last update letting you choose stages was perfect.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m playing TOTK, it’s one of the top maybe 5 games I’ve ever played, anyone who didn’t buy it needs to buy it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m playing TOTK, it’s one of the top maybe 5 games I’ve ever played, anyone who didn’t buy it needs to buy it

Absolutely. I may slightly criticize some aspects of it in comparison to BotW, but it is undeniably the better game. Sure, it feels like there's too much, as you can constantly be side-tracked, but the way you can interact with the world is incredible. I just realized now after more than 160 hours you can deconstruct flux guardians to more easily fight them. That's crazy cool.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If my biggest complaint about BOTW was that the combat took way too long later on in the game and most endgame enemies sucked to fight, does TOTK do anything to resolve that? I ended up cheesing most fights from midgame on with ice or shock weapons because there just wasn't anything new except Bigger Numbers.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mega64 posted:

Well, ai have a big backlog between finishing TotK, Xenoblade 2 and 3, Pikmin 4, Tactics Ogre, maybe all routes on Triangle Strategy....

So of course I'm playing nonstop Pokemon TCG on switchflix instead.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Commander Keene posted:

If my biggest complaint about BOTW was that the combat took way too long later on in the game and most endgame enemies sucked to fight, does TOTK do anything to resolve that? I ended up cheesing most fights from midgame on with ice or shock weapons because there just wasn't anything new except Bigger Numbers.

The late game enemies are pretty much the same but the fusing mechanic lets you create weapons with comically high attack power. And then there's a new type of smoke bomb mushroom that gives you guaranteed sneak attacks for like 30 seconds.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Augus posted:

Anybody who does should have their Switch self destruct.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Just finished Pikmin 4 a while back, playing some stuff in the new season of Splatoon and not fully decided what big game to play next.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I found Mineru and her quest randomly while exploring and it was very cool feeling, but it involved me bumbling through the fog of Thunderhead stubbornly to do so. A mix of tenacity and light let me sort of decipher a few feet ahead of me, and game logic let me kinda figure out where the two shrines were, but having just done the quest, I think it may have been more fun to have been able to see.
It's like the Rito dungeon, I found it through gliding, building, and rockets but then couldn't do anything about it. The game has exploration but I don't find it quite as encouraging, subtle, or ingrained as BotW was. It's fine though because it's still insanely fun, but it's got a very different mood.

Not sure which way you progressed through the islands, but I flew to Thunderhead from one of the other sky islands and seems like the island with the actual story objective is easy to find like that since it's much lower than the others in the chain. If you fly there IIRC it's fairly easy to see the big "eye" ring structure above the main building with the shrine which is fairly identifiable even through the fog as a big "there is something important here" sign. Feels like it's designed for it to be somewhat discoverable if you decide to fly there even without clearing the fog. Though yeah I tried briefly to explore the upper islands before clearing the fog and quickly gave up also figuring there would be nothing really important there as I had already found the "main" thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Silver Falcon posted:

I went crawling back to Monster Hunter GU because it's the only game in the series that let's me beat up monsters as a cat.

That's because it was a bad play style :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Wii U and DS/3DS were the only consoles I've never owned and I don't feel like I was missing out on either (Wii U seemed pointless and I'm not big on handhelds)

Somehow, I managed to skip every single major console Nintendo put out after the SNES, except for the portables. At various points, I owned a Game Boy, a Game Boy Color, a Game Boy Advance, a DS, a 3DS and finally, with the Switch I came back to the main line. Mostly I'm still using my OLED-Switch like a pure handheld, though.

Mega64 posted:

Mostly, I've been switching back- and forth between nearly a dozen RPGs I'm currently playing. Always a couple of hours until I feel nostalgic for a different one or just bored. Nowadays, I'm using my big home console (PS5) mostly as a Netflix/YouTube-box and my PC for complex strategy games, not much time for RPGs if you end up playing 3000+ hours of Stellaris. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Libluini posted:

Somehow, I managed to skip every single major console Nintendo put out after the SNES, except for the portables. At various points, I owned a Game Boy, a Game Boy Color, a Game Boy Advance, a DS, a 3DS and finally, with the Switch I came back to the main line. Mostly I'm still using my OLED-Switch like a pure handheld, though.
The first Nintendo home console I actually owned after the SNES was the Wii U, though I had younger brothers who owned an N64 and Gamecube so I've at least played games on every single Nintendo console except the Virtual Boy.