Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Sorry I'm out of the loop on this one. Did a bunch of people die from faulty vapes or something? Someone should go to trial over this.

Oofa doofa what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
EDIT: /\ Didn't something like that already happen? I'm pretty sure I saw a video on youtube of the trial.

idgi why does everybody hate on tech bros? :confused:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

emSparkly posted:

Sorry I'm out of the loop on this one. Did a bunch of people die from faulty vapes or something? Someone should go to trial over this.

Dr. San killed himself, sadly
I saw Dr. San play in a band that opened for Secret Chiefs 3 one time

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

idgi why does everybody hate on tech bros? :confused:

nerds used to get beat up for a reason. most of the problems in the modern world are due to nerds not getting beaten up and stuffed into lockers anymore

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Lol brace belden is really making everyone believe Ebola is breaking out at burning man. I wouldn’t be surprised if mentally ill Twitter epidemiologists bought into the rumor but it is not happening. I’ve seen people believing this in like 4 different threads

Rorobb fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 3, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Everyone, everyone, calm down. A bunch of rich people are suffering right now. Suffering for their own hubris. They've been pretending to be dirt poor hippies and now they're faced with a reality of mud and wealth becoming meaningless. They're suffering and torturing each other merely by existing.

Can't we all just enjoy this moment?

Between Trump becoming a felon, Elon Musk lighting billions of dollars of his own money on fire, a bunch of billionaires turning into red paste in an imploding sub, and a bunch of millionaires rolling around weeping in sticky mud and not being allowed to be evacuated by personal helicopter, 2023 has truly been a year of excellent moments for rich people

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They burnt up the whole man

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Grey Cat posted:

Ah, the burning men approach.

It's burning men

hallelujah it's burning men

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

QuarkJets posted:

Between Trump becoming a felon, Elon Musk lighting billions of dollars of his own money on fire, a bunch of billionaires turning into red paste in an imploding sub, and a bunch of millionaires rolling around weeping in sticky mud and not being allowed to be evacuated by personal helicopter, 2023 has truly been a year of excellent moments for rich people

Ah yes I think we can ALL appreciate a good old submarine joke. My favorite one is why would a trillionaire gently caress with a billionaire? :thunk:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

burning man is the most pretentious, disgusting, lovely festival ever.

"euuuuuuh! you can only come here if you're a CREATOR, not a CONSUMER! eeuuuuuuuhhh! you need to make some lovely art installation and bring all of your own food and water, euuuhh! i don't want to be around NORMIES who would just BUY things at our ENLIGHTENED festival, EUUUUUEUEUEHHHH!"

it's never been anything other than rich pretentious hippies who wanted to look down at other people, and it's cosmically hilarious to me that it eventually attracted the people that their vibe was going for - rich in your face techbro assholes, instead of rich pretending-to-be-bohemian hippie assholes that created the thing in the first place. they deserve each other.

that it one day became fyre festival 2.0 and stranded all of these privileged losers in a muddy desert to suffer is the icing on the cake. I hope it is never thrown again.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

ChickenHeart posted:

It's burning men

hallelujah it's burning men

Tall, wet, woody sheen

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

I mean like, low trills, nothing bonkers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

there are credible reports that I have a huge weener

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

No takers on the trillionaire joke? It's so they can have softer money to wipe their rear end with :dukedog:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
So would it be a Bad Day at Black Rock?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Overdog posted:

No takers on the trillionaire joke? It's so they can have softer money to wipe their rear end with :dukedog:

Shut up clammy

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Who here can honestly say they aren't choking on their cigar and spitting out their scotch?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You don’t really need to make up Ebola when valley fever is endemic

quote:

C. immitis is a dimorphic saprophytic fungus that grows as a mycelium in the soil and produces a spherule form in the host organism. C. immitis is dormant during long dry spells, then develops as a mold with long filaments that break off into airborne spores when it rains.

Coccidioidomycosis is a common cause of community-acquired pneumonia in the endemic areas of the United States. Infections usually occur due to inhalation of the arthroconidial spores after soil disruption. The disease is not contagious. In some cases the infection may recur or become chronic

Whelp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Who wants to help me develop an app to determine optimal making GBS threads locations to sell for $10000 a day

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Follow a bunch of epidemiologists on Twitter, many of which have private accounts for obvious reasons, they aren't dismissing rumors that there is something going on. Also common sense tells you that you can't put thousands of people in sewage mud without serious risk of a bacterial/viral outbreak of unknown origin.
these are people whove basically made it their job to post increasingly alarming tweets about apocalyptic disease outbreaks lurking under every bed

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Its probably all of the above. Dormant fungal spores, lysteria from the overflowing sewage, and little wriggling mud shrimp. But don't worry a quick 8 second vinegar shower (accessible if you pre-ordered the glamping experience package that comes with an Official Burning Man RFID Wallet) should be enough kill 99.9% of pathogens

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Private Burning Man events go on despite the cancellation

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'd be drinking that mud water like I ain't had a sip in days

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rorobb posted:

Lol brace belden is really making everyone believe Ebola is breaking out at burning man. I wouldn’t be surprised if mentally ill Twitter epidemiologists bought into the rumor but it is not happening. I’ve seen people believing this in like 4 different threads

LOL lmao

Wee fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 3, 2023

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

CLAM DOWN posted:

there are credible reports that I have a huge weener

This is true and also I have heard through reports that I too also have a big weener

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm like 90% sure when he says "rumors on the ground" he still just means "bullshit he read on twitter".

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
LOL

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/Tbjq94W.mp4

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Wee posted:

LOL lmao

Yes those are brace beldon’s tweets, he’s from true anon. He’s trolling

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

BM Punk

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

"a couple didn't make it last night"

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rorobb posted:

Yes those are brace beldon’s tweets, he’s from true anon. He’s trolling

No its real

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

this whole thing is a real lol, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I heard the mud has all the hormones that made the frogs gay, but they don't make the humans gay it makes them pee themselves to death.

I heard it from a credible source.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
It's like Everest in reverse.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

EL HUARACHE is POOPIN' WATER!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If it rains for one more day the mud will turn to quicksand and everyone will sink all the way to China and I heard that from scientists

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you ever start getting sucked down by quicksand, stop! Relax and get your breath.

Go horizontal, slowly. Then slowly "swim" your way to the closest solid ground, staying as flat as possible.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I heard from a credible source that three olives is a wanker pass it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

redshirt posted:

If you ever start getting sucked down by quicksand, stop! Relax and get your breath.

Go horizontal, slowly. Then slowly "swim" your way to the closest solid ground, staying as flat as possible.

You never saw anyone getting sucked down in quicksand before this diversity stuff