Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Register Cat

-

Ajara: CW suicide

End chapter 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Ok, Sewing Circle is starting to diverge from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in an interesting way. Hope this guy's less of a dickbag than Griffin was.

Also what the hell was that Ajara.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Emzedoh posted:

Ok, Sewing Circle is starting to diverge from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in an interesting way. Hope this guy's less of a dickbag than Griffin was.

Also what the hell was that Ajara.

Qrais exorcises his demons through the medium of adorable lil guys

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Rust Martialis posted:

I asked in SAD, but I guess here's more apropos... I'm hoping Boba is doing okay after the regrettable incident. I know they didn't like me but it seemed the comic was helping them do better and that was a good thing.

If this is inappropriate to bring up here just ignore thx.

I also kinda wish I knew but at the same time I would rather eat glass than participate in social media outside this dead gay website.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Lavender Jack, chapter 1 contd

Oh I really like this

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Missed Lavender Jack earlier, seems like it's going places.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 11: Fate '82

Tea and politics.

Japan Tengu Party Illustrated chapter 10: Of Fleeing the Capital

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

Screw it. A tribute to a really good page!

How are you so good at these?

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #8: "Punch Dracula"

...April 1st, 2008. Here's the real next page:

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Sep 3, 2023

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: The bubble bursts and discharges the last of King's heroin into Jos3ph! Lisa Lisa tries to bring their attention back to the fact that they're still in enemy territory, but she can't focus herself, and lights her cigarette backwards!

That youtube video of Hank Hill crying in the theater when Cesar dies :(

Unwinder
Nov 12, 2021

Plus tard, couillons!

rodbeard posted:

Are we out of Thorsby? I was mostly enjoying rear end it's a shame the ending dragged out so long and then just abruptly stopped.

He mentioned on Tumblr recently that he has some ideas and is planning on making more comics at some point.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: a little more to enjoy

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 03:59 on Sep 3, 2023

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

John Doe

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

hazardousmouse posted:

Uh, I have terrible news Mr Magician

Well... More free than a feudal system, anyways.

Last time in Vigils for Friends!

Today, well that B-plot resolved itself nicely.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kit Walker posted:

Hey, that's White Chain's apartment from the beginning of the comic. And that's probably Cio in some form

It'd be quite the turn around if Cio is now a giant magic robot while White Chain is now human.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Takako-san chapter 71

Takako-san chapter 72

Takako is from Ehime in (on?) Shikoku - that mention of 'Shigoku' in the chapter though, is that a typo or a dialect term?

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
My guess would be an iffy machine translation that wasn't caught by whoever put it all together? Not uncommon for close phonemes like ko/go to get muddled in my experience. One of my coworkers has a name that ends in 'tsu' but machine translation will consistently translate it as "zu".

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Valhalla

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Donald and the Treasure of Saturnin Farandoul

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

THE DAO TRANSCENDS KNKOWLEDGE

The Dao is easy to understand! Also it's difficult. Shut up.

ZHUANGZI SPEAKS 庄子说

NO DISTRACTIONS

High Official: And you, artist! I have yet to see your great work, but tell me what you concentrate on for 60 years!
Artist: Mpreg Sonic.
High Official: I'll arrange for you to be executed.

BREAKING THE BARRIERS

Twitch debatebros sweating profusely reading this comic

ULTIMATE BENEVOLENCE

Dad: WHAT AM I TO YOU
Me: Exactly

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

That's kind of a rough chuckle, but I like it.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 8 - 15, 1942)

Today: gorilla warfare, plus an elephant!!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Jesus. As it happens I've been researching the history of education lately and hoo boy.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Read some "surveiller et punir" lately?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Incidentally,

Fagtastic posted:

I guess it's time to effortpost about evo-psych.

This is still happening, right?

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It'd be quite the turn around if Cio is now a giant magic robot while White Chain is now human.
Yeah, though I'm guessing this is some sort of proto form while her essence is gathering itself together. Guess we'll find out eventually

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Foe

quote:

“The only measure of a true bond – the test of the blade. You dance nave to nave, with your hearts exposed, a dagger pressed and pointed at each one. Every movement must be gentle and precise, in time with your partner. Otherwise, you both will be impaled.”

-Yemeen, Disciple of Pravi

Alt: back here again, drinking coffee, a world away from where we were

quote:

I. ENTRANCE PAY IS FORBIDDEN
II. PAY FOR LINENS LIMITED TO HUNDREDTHWEIGHT CURRENCIES ONLY
III. NO BLOOD
IV. NO SPITTING, SECRETION, OR URINATION
VI. NO WASHING LAUNDRY
VII. NO BLOOD ALCHEMY
VIII. LIMIT TIME TO TWO BELLS ONLY
IX. NO SHEDDING OF SKIN
X. EXPIRED PERSONS (see code 13) STRICTLY FORBIDDEN FROM BATHING

– Stele 14 (Public Bathing rules), Concordance of the Demiurges

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Val is going to anger Fantomah. :ohdear:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I love the magic card game they're playing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ghost of a chuckle

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Jos3ph and Lisa Lisa notice the trickle of blood beginning to ooze from under the stone! They finally put two and two together and finally confront the fact of King's death!

Read right to left:

Chapter 94 - Advanced Hotel Tourism

Look out Jos3ph! It's a 「racist」, from the 「United States」!

Watch out for his attack, the 「N-Finger」!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Jos3ph putting his best foot forward

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Previously on Tales of the Beanworld, Proffy started thinking about the permanence of Gunk'l'dunk.

Dreamishness hints at the future. And that's a wrap for Tales of the Beanworld Book 3.5!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #8: "Punch Dracula"

"You thought I forgot about that? Oh ho no."

"Did you think they had the wrong guy? I did!"

"Oh good gracious, but that shark in the center is goofy looking."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

quote:

今週は次マン明けでお休みで、大変申し訳ございません。ですが、来週お知らせがいくつかあるので、更新も合わせて復活いたします!!いつも本当にありがとうございます😭
No new chapter this week but I have a few announcements next week! Thank you for your patience!! 💚

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Kit Walker posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Foe

Poor Alison, that was not a good move IMO. I can see the reason she made it though.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Register Cat

-

Ajara: Final chapter. It’s a bit long, but it works best in a single post, I think.

The end! I have a couple series that only got a first chapter (he’ll sometimes throw a new comic out into the world and if the metrics aren’t up to snuff he’ll just dump it), there’s a very good ongoing comic I’ll share when it’s done, but since we’ve also only got a couple more updates of Register Cat, all in all we’re close to catching up to Q-Rais' non-cute-mouse comics output.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Extra Ordinary

uh oh angry also comes from there

but also, beautiful

how did he guess my top secret password abject-abjure-ablative??

these seeds could've been tiny knives!!

♫ crabby birthday to yooou ♫

Mr Teddy said bring the bikkies too pls

YOU ARE SLIGHTLY LESS SLIME BASED THOUGH.

also also, you still owe me $100

and don't even get me started on this sugar packet

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lavender Jack, chapter 1 contd

it occurs to me that due to the way timg works there's not really much advantage to splitting up updates into sub-images, so for future chapters I'm probably just going to stitch things into longer chunks (I'm still going to split up episodes into multiple posts rather than post 50,000+ pixel images, even with timg)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

the holy poopacy posted:

it occurs to me that due to the way timg works there's not really much advantage to splitting up updates into sub-images, so for future chapters I'm probably just going to stitch things into longer chunks (I'm still going to split up episodes into multiple posts rather than post 50,000+ pixel images, even with timg)

The one thing I'd be cautious about is that imgur seems to start loading images with lower resolution by default when the image size gets too large - I don't know whether stitching this many would run into that or not. I don't think it's really an issue if you're in a browser, but for app users like me, the app refuses to load the full res image, so big images just stay blurry. Hopefully it won't be a problem here.

Anyway, continuing to enjoy it, it's always nice to find stuff here that I'd probably never have seen otherwise.