Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Yeah, snakes chase toads, and the slime raidwide doesn't do a truckload of damage but does come with either pacification or silence on everyone. As you can imagine, silence is far more dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I gotta say, with how many people I've seen proclaiming love for Orbonne and Dun Scaith.... I just don't get it. Like, do people enjoy having their time wasted? Like, I understand the desire for challenge, but in alliance raids, it just puts me on tilt to wipe like 70-90% through and fight and have to do the whole thing again, particularly when it feels out of my control or cheap. Like, I just remember TG Cid being a boss that was kind of hard for me to parse mechanically, and it comes with a mechanic that can wipe the group deep into the fight.

Like, I guess for other people the chaos and failure of the group is entertaining, but I suppose i'm just too reward/completion driven that it feels like I just wanna get through - it's nice if it's engaging during that process, but having to redo poo poo annoys the heck out of me and it feels a good bit more tedious then normal raids.
i like when video games are fun. if theres literally no chance of failure then that's what's actually wasting my time.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

This post has been living rent free in my head so I decided to take action and fix this for you.

This has been updated to take into account the upgrade Spirits Within gets at 86. Includes a subtle joke depending on if you're using the SD or the HD UI:

SD:

HD:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

This has been updated to take into account the upgrade Spirits Within gets at 86. Includes a subtle joke depending on if you're using the SD or the HD UI:

SD:

HD:

lmao

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

last night I had a syrcus tower where half the raid died to the final boss after the first meteors and that was the most fun that fight has been since heavensward

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A while back (can't find it anymore) I saw a screenshot of either a summoner or scholar whose book looked like a painter's palette. Off-model enough that it's probably a mod but on the off chance it wasn't figured I'd ask if it's actually in the game somewhere. I know Genji has a brush but it's caligraphy.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

A while back (can't find it anymore) I saw a screenshot of either a summoner or scholar whose book looked like a painter's palette. Off-model enough that it's probably a mod but on the off chance it wasn't figured I'd ask if it's actually in the game somewhere. I know Genji has a brush but it's caligraphy.

scholar's current tome weapon. the whole set is from the the community weapons design contest, iirc

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

SD:

HD:

thank you for your service

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

SD:

HD:

Incredible

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Weh weh weh all of you are throwing wheeeeehhhhh whine whine whine OH LOOK AT THAT WE BROKE THE LAST ICEBERG AND WON. Eat poo poo!

The lesser jihad is against the Maelstrom the other teams; the greater jihad is against your own team.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Oneiros posted:

scholar's current tome weapon. the whole set is from the the community weapons design contest, iirc

Ah, of course. I gushed so much on the other ones but never thought to check that! Thanks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Oh yeah they do chase the frogs but the fire hurts amon.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Nessus posted:

Weh weh weh all of you are throwing wheeeeehhhhh whine whine whine OH LOOK AT THAT WE BROKE THE LAST ICEBERG AND WON. Eat poo poo!

The lesser jihad is against the Maelstrom the other teams; the greater jihad is against your own team.

Got my 5 losses(30 tomes minimum) for the day watching my team whine and gripe every single time that the enemy had the audacity to have four ASTs coordinate walking into our team and using their point blank aoes. I swapped to DRK to throw wrenches into their plan but 3/4 the team would just die completely oblivious like the bad old days of Summoner spam. What would these people think of sorcery like 2 DRKs + 2 DRGs?

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Astro Mancy Real Hahahaha Lala Just Walk Away From The Enemy Text Like Lala Use Your Pokes Haha

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Doomykins posted:

Got my 5 losses(30 tomes minimum) for the day watching my team whine and gripe every single time that the enemy had the audacity to have four ASTs coordinate walking into our team and using their point blank aoes. I swapped to DRK to throw wrenches into their plan but 3/4 the team would just die completely oblivious like the bad old days of Summoner spam. What would these people think of sorcery like 2 DRKs + 2 DRGs?

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Astro Mancy Real Hahahaha Lala Just Walk Away From The Enemy Text Like Lala Use Your Pokes Haha

Why are you wasting time doing Frontlines for tomes? Get in the robot Shinji.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ojjeorago posted:

Why are you wasting time doing Frontlines for tomes? Get in the robot Shinji.
Rival Wings working now? But Cleretic told me it was dead! :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I like FL. :twisted:

Maybe I'll try Wings out this week, I don't think about it, I just smash queue 5 times and know by the end of September I've bought out the moogle.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 3, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ve just been using this as an excuse to also get the EW Dungeon and raid cards I was still missing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Regalingualius posted:

I’ve just been using this as an excuse to also get the EW Dungeon and raid cards I was still missing

Yeah more or less the same, I still need that loving bird

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nessus posted:

Rival Wings working now? But Cleretic told me it was dead! :v:

It is on Crystal, unless it's specifically on the days Revival Wings is on Crystal. (Which I think is Monday, which really sucks.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cleretic posted:

It is on Crystal, unless it's specifically on the days Revival Wings is on Crystal. (Which I think is Monday, which really sucks.)

You are allowed to DC travel, you know.

E: Like, I spent all day on Primal getting rapid queues. I'll go back to Aether tomorrow, and keep getting rapid queues. :v:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 3, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

E: Like, I spent all day on Primal getting rapid queues. I'll go back to Aether tomorrow, and keep getting rapid queues. :v:

It occurs to me I've never actually used that feature before.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Me neither. Don't know how it even works, but I also can't think of any reason I'd ever use it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have some friends on other DC's so I DC travel sometimes, also for really expensive items it's good to price-check cross DC, might save a few hundred thousand Gil that way, also everyone should DC travel to Crystal at least once to visit the Eorzan Aquarium (Marlboro, LB 59 16)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It takes you to Gridania, which I think is why Grid's become more popular for idling. Used to be a ghost town, I like ghost towns.

Still no Limsa, but busier.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It takes you to your "home" city, whichever one your starting job is from.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FuturePastNow posted:

Me neither. Don't know how it even works, but I also can't think of any reason I'd ever use it.

It's actually pretty useful for broadening the pool of people you can grab for running pre-formed duties on top of goofy things like Rival Wings only existing some of the time in some places. The fact that it has also had side effects like turning the Dynamis DC into a suburb that people commute from to actually run content is kind of funny.

You use it from the character select screen rather than from in-game, which is probably why a lot of people don't even realize you can do it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes, but as a default I prefer to stay on my home world, partly because I don't much like that culture, partly because I like being in the Mateus Novice Network as a default, and partly because you're cut off from homeworld stuff like retainers.

I should say I don't really blame Revival Wings for this. If anything they're the ones that actually solve the problem created by DC travel leading to a drain from 'lesser' data centers in a region (and to a lesser extent, the problem of incentivizing Frontlines in mogtome events leading to Rival Wings struggling even in those). It's just that it's the sort of visible solution that ends up making the problem much easier to see.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

YggiDee posted:

It takes you to your "home" city, whichever one your starting job is from.

ahhhhhhhh, that makes sense.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I am not officially not a mentor by choice rather than happenstance.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The big issue with alliance raid roulette is that lots of people are doing it to level alts, and the way leveling roulettes(MSQ, leveling, frontlines, alliance) work means that you spend almost all that time doing low level content or PvP. I know that when I was leveling my alt jobs it was extremely rare for me to get anything L70+ in a roulette.

This means that when you get Orbonne or Factory there’s a fair chance that half the alliance doesn’t know their L50+ rotations and may not even have put their new skills on their hotbars, and this makes them take so loving long.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Khizan posted:

The big issue with alliance raid roulette is that lots of people are doing it to level alts, and the way leveling roulettes(MSQ, leveling, frontlines, alliance) work means that you spend almost all that time doing low level content or pve. I know that when I was leveling my alt jobs it was extremely rare for me to get anything L70+ in a roulette.

This means that when you get Orbonne or Factory there’s a fair chance that half the alliance doesn’t know their L50+ rotations and may not even have put their new skills on their hotbars, and this makes them take so loving long.

I've been leveling WHM and I guarantee the first thing I get after a level 15 dungeon is one at my level (currently 70) so I have to remember all these new buttons I suddenly have back.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Another person got to That Point in ShB. :allears:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Onean posted:

It's my favourite expansion for several reasons :munch:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Onean posted:

That's the moment that got me actually interested in Shadowbringers instead of just vaguely frustrated at Alternate Universe Bullshit.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I love Orbonne so much.

I absolutely love the maze phase of Ultima, because of the spectacle. The way the music aligns perfectly so the crescendo hits right as the maze phase ends and everyone appears back in front of her to finish her off is SO GOOD. It's a crime that you can skip this by doing too much damage. Yes, it feels really good to know you're doing amazingly with your Alliance, but god damnit that part is perfection for cinema and gameplay working in tandem.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Onean posted:

Wait, the teleport option wasn't always there? That's wild. When did they add it?

It was well into Stormblood because I distinctly remember doing a Sastasha Hard once as RDM and opening Karlabos with a melee combo before backflipping out of the arena right as it closed. The party was not happy but I was laughing too hard.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Onean posted:

Which point are they talking about?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Tesleen turning into a sin eater

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/aidankhontus/status/1698205865340268936?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Jonny 290 posted:

Tesleen turning into a sin eater

It happening to a character that I met like 5 minutes ago really didn't do anything for me.