Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Doomykins posted:

Sally Forth is so absurdly bad when writing about the mom.

"Why do you think Mom wants to be alone so much?" SHE'S AN rear end in a top hat BUT SHE CAN SENSE THAT YOU RESENT BEING AROUND HER BECAUSE OF IT YOU IDIOTS, SHE'S WRONG IN GENERAL BUT RIGHT TO WANT HER OWN SPACE

Like these dimwits(or the author) forgot the last storyline with her. Maybe Sally's Mom can meet another permanent grouch to be jackass buddies with and they both soften up a bit.

or maybe she can just loving die and let sally and her sister get on with their lives without having to worry about a wretched rear end in a top hat

Wait a minute I have an idea for a phantom/sally forth crossover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Doomykins posted:

Sally Forth is so absurdly bad when writing about the mom.

Strong disagree. The stories are certainly frustrating because Sally herself is so conflict adverse when it comes to her mother (and her sister, to a lesser extent) but they're still solid drama.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Continued Adventures in Erotic Race-Faking

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

This just reeks of "Oh poo poo I gotta end this storyline somehow!"

Mary Worth

The Phantom

And they walked all the way home. The end. Hope you enjoyed the 2-3 years it took to tell that!

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

Professor Papagoras!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Schwarzwald posted:

Strong disagree. The stories are certainly frustrating because Sally herself is so conflict adverse when it comes to her mother (and her sister, to a lesser extent) but they're still solid drama.

The core drama in every part you listed is pretty good, I agree there but this last week has been ridiculous imo.

Murdstone posted:

This just reeks of "Oh poo poo I gotta end this storyline somehow!"

I'd bet money that Jules forgot she had started a parallel Cherry story since she clearly didn't even care about the primary Mark story, lol.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Professor Papagoras!

Lmao time to get in a nasty battle about song credits and royalties.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Doomykins posted:

The core drama in every part you listed is pretty good, I agree there but this last week has been ridiculous imo.

I dunno! Sally's mother solving her own problem (because Sally's incapable) but doing so in the most rude an obnoxious way possible (because the mother's an rear end in a top hat) feels like the exact outcome the comic has been building towards for months or years now. Like, I'd agree that it's an anticlimax, but of course it is.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Lmao time to get in a nasty battle about song credits and royalties.

Featuring a dude who is currently on the lam for attempted murder

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Scareodeleria (Nov 2, 2003)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (December 10-13, 2002)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 5/13/51

Dick Endurance! 1/26-28/48

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Sad Bear

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (July 7-9, 1924)

Out Our Way: The School Ma'am Saga (July 8, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (September 8-10, 1921)

Dok's Dippy Baby Driver (November 23, 1914)

Little Lefty (January 23-25, 1939)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Mar 18-19, 1966)

Big Nate

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I was looking for something new to post and stumbled across this, in the spirit of :justpost: :

quote:

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!

Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.

Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

It comes out weekly and seems to take about three months between the blank cartoon and the one with the selected caption.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Drimble Wedge posted:

I was looking for something new to post and stumbled across this, in the spirit of :justpost: :

It comes out weekly and seems to take about three months between the blank cartoon and the one with the selected caption.

:lol: this one got me

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Strontium posted:

Take It From The Tinkersons

I'm in this comic and I don't like it.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Dick Endurance! 1/26-28/48

I always thought Archie - Betty - Veronica was more of a deal where Archie was trying to juggle them both, like "oops, I scheduled dates with both girls on the same night, now I have come up with constant bathroom and phonecall excuses to hop from one to the other". I never thought Archie so openly and constantly despised Betty. What a prick.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliffversary!!

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (September 30, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

This one's cute. :3:

I really like the TED and Ratatouille ones too.

Prince Valiant

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

what

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good point, Holbrook. After all, I'm a human who is affected by -- say -- gravity and sunlight, which means I instinctively easily understand all physics related to them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

to everyone everything moves at light speed because that's how we see.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ghostlight posted:

to everyone everything moves at light speed because that's how we see.

lol that's a great point

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

"I didn't lie to you, I just found the corpse of your date and wore it like a suit to conceal my identity!"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

davidspackage posted:

I always thought Archie - Betty - Veronica was more of a deal where Archie was trying to juggle them both, like "oops, I scheduled dates with both girls on the same night, now I have come up with constant bathroom and phonecall excuses to hop from one to the other". I never thought Archie so openly and constantly despised Betty. What a prick.

The dynamic has evolved since the 1940s.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "242 - Jucika And ''Zebra''"

I'm not owned, I'm not owned I insist as Jucika owns my rear end.

"243 - Jucika Against Smoking"

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

I always forget to include it in consideration of IPs taken up by new artists but Modern Prince Valiant makes a heroic effort to walk alongside Hal Foster's timeless art. :3: What a lovely strip this one is with the night time lighting and I love Val's posture in the last frame telling you exactly how he feels.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I adore Val breaking out of the panels in that strip.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/2/03

Brenda Starr 8/12/51

As mentioned earlier, the Sunday strips seem to be running a week ahead of the dailies at this point. In the interests of keeping the story straight, here's last Sunday's again.

Smokey Stover 8/12/56

Spoilered for another racist background pun.

Everyday Movies 9/28/36

"I should say I did have a grand time! I only bought two dinners for myself all the time I was abroad."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 2/15/42

Good thing Scarlet always stops for lunch in the Convenient Overhearing Diner!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kevin & Kell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic