Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jack perry get off Scott free.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

err... wrongful termination means...

no no it's not worth it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/lifeinrewind/status/1698077337286496369?t=hRcGetdTNXXW2QeTXo-yqQ&s=19

The cope

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I read the replies on one tweet and it was enough to make me not want to look at anymore replies regarding this. The twitter Punk fans are all so loving weird and delusional. It’s mind boggling to me that people can even make some of the jumps in logic they’ve been making.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1698159038788157640?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
these weirdos need to stop giving dave so much credit. the bucks, kenny and hanger didn't work so hard to psychologically torture and emotionally terrorize a man just to have some podcaster take the blame.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

these weirdos need to stop giving dave so much credit. the bucks, kenny and hanger didn't work so hard to psychologically torture and emotionally terrorize a man just to have some podcaster take the blame.

Oh don't worry Hausman is on the case

https://twitter.com/WrestleFeatures/status/1698134089667100791?t=5CSyDncpiXWuEMSzwv5vhA&s=19

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
boy you fist fight 1 2 3 4 5 coworkers and everybody gets on your case. it's a conspiracy i tells ya!!

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

he was just giving Jack Perry an especially vigorous hug :angel:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The political hit was in
https://twitter.com/DuaneS39/status/1698129610708279499?s=20

Can’t find it now but I also saw one that blamed the Bucks for not allowing Punk to make amends, because as we all know if someone treats you like poo poo and wants to try to apologize you are required to accept the apology.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ooh I found it

https://twitter.com/ambroseasylum45/status/1698114679329956206?s=20

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Punk never seemed interested in taking any responsibility, even on a "some of this may have been my fault" level, which is like the bare minimum for making amends, let alone giving a good apology

Why the hell would the Elite give him an inch

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

El Generico posted:

Punk never seemed interested in taking any responsibility, even on a "some of this may have been my fault" level, which is like the bare minimum for making amends, let alone giving a good apology

Why the hell would the Elite give him an inch

The why is easy. Money. Punk vs the Elite would have been a big draw.

But money isnt everything

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
What is the most money made in wrestling built out of a shoot feud?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Coaaab posted:

What is the most money made in wrestling built out of a shoot feud?

Probably New Japan vs UWFi.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/168p5qi/cm_punk_was_set_up/

he was framed and youre laughing

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

One might say Punk stans are living in some sort of Cult, disregarding his Personality

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

There were WOR shows where you could feel Dave vibrating from holding his tongue so much on some of the Punk bullshit. If anything Dave kept too much from us, his loyal messy drama bitches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/hashtag/fireJackPerry?src=hashtag_click

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

no results for #pushJackPerry, smdh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

no results for #pushJackPerry, smdh

well yeah pushing Jack Perry gets you fired

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

well yeah pushing Jack Perry gets you fired

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I like how for the Great Punk Framing to actually succeed Punk still has to be an unhinged crazy person

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I like how for the Great Punk Framing to actually succeed Punk still has to be an unhinged crazy person

This is the wildest part to me, like even in a best case scenario Punk's defense is "Look everyone knows I'm a lunatic that starts swinging at everyone around me at the drop of a hat so they PROVOKED me into doing it!"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1698338439177851077?s=20

Why is this guy always yelling

E: Holy poo poo this guy is cooking

quote:

"Four hours later, he blew up all of that good will, every stinking bit of it, by going on Collision and making the ridiculous statement that he feared for his life when Phil Brooks interacted with Perry. Obviously, the statement is beyond ridiculous. Unless Khan has lived in a plastic bubble all of his life, if watching a mad wrestler go after another wrestler made him fear for his life and pee his proverbial pants, he is a different kind of soft, seriously. But what made it worse was the message: Tony Khan didn’t fire Punk for the unprofessional reasons outlined above, he fired him because Punk being made Tony scared for his life. At that point in time, all of the goodwill that Tony had created earlier in the day was gone. From what I saw on Twitter, Tony was getting roasted for his ridiculous statement, and deservedly so."

"Not for nothing, my wife and I were on the Las Vegas Strip on 1 October, 2017 when a lunatic named Stephen Paddock killed over 500 people from his hotel room at Mandalay Bay. People went running for their lives in all directions. Some came into The Aria, where I was staying with my wife. Three gunshots were fired and people ran away en masse, trampling my wife in the process. I somehow was able to get her up and we literally ran for our lives for about ten minutes until we found safety. Sorry Tony, an angry wrestler made you fear for your life? Dude, you live a charmed, first world life."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Congratulations to Tony for doing the impossible: getting Cornette and Russo to agree on something.

https://twitter.com/thevincerusso/status/1698173837307949238?s=46
https://twitter.com/thejimcornette/status/1698148574779920733?s=46

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Its almost as if professional wrestling has always been rife with toxic masculinity

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
tony khan fired cm punk but he has yet to fire stephen paddock, and for that he must be rightly criticized.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I am genuinely curious about what happened that led to him feeling/saying he felt his life was in danger. Obviously it’s one thing to say your safety/the safety of your employees was in jeopardy, but it can be a big leap from general safety to life threatening.

Not arguing how Tony or anyone felt, just morbidly curious as to how much of a poo poo show it was back there.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ganso Bomb posted:

I am genuinely curious about what happened that led to him feeling/saying he felt his life was in danger. Obviously it’s one thing to say your safety/the safety of your employees was in jeopardy, but it can be a big leap from general safety to life threatening.

Not arguing how Tony or anyone felt, just morbidly curious as to how much of a poo poo show it was back there.

One of the accounts of what happened was after the scuffle Punk threw a tantrum, where he damaged equipment, and even yelled and threw stuff at Tony. That particular version didn't spread quite as much as "Miro confirms no fight even happened, look at this tweet out of context!" took off, followed by "ok so Perry came up to Punk and there was some shoving, but no fight," and eventually mutated to "Big muscles Phil was assaulted, but overpowered his attacker and choked him out, then still put on a good show. This was after his bosses tried to get him lost and murdered in London, before the show."

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ganso Bomb posted:

If I had to guess it had to do with the heavy production equipment and electrical cables that were reportedly getting disturbed, to say nothing of a man screaming and "lunging" towards him while apparently in the presence of multiple people including older production workers who shouldn't have to deal with all this. Must've been crazy, I agree.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

An unhinged guy with a history of violence finishes up choking Jack and turns his attention to Tony, screaming I QUIT and either lunging at him or worse, while monitors fall on Tony's head, seems more than enough justification to use those words.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also for what it's worth Meltzer apparently said on his show last night that the phrase "lunging" is actually downplaying Punk's behavior

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

An unhinged guy with a history of violence finishes up choking Jack and turns his attention to Tony, screaming I QUIT and either lunging at him or worse, while monitors fall on Tony's head, seems more than enough justification to use those words.

Yeah, like I said I’m not disputing him I’m just intrigued by the whole thing. I know it’s a curiosity that probably won’t be fulfilled because I doubt all of the details (other than he said/she said stuff) or any video ever comes out, just such a hosed up thing all around.

It’s honestly kind of nuts that Tony even sent him out to do the match, especially the first match on the show, considering everything. He could have just bailed through the crowd or laid down as a big gently caress you or something.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Based on inference from this morning's Observer Radio, they stated that Punk "lunging at" Tony was underselling things, and Meltzer kept sort of hesitating/switching between "monitors fell on Tony and some other staff" and "monitors and equipment were pushed over".

I have no idea what kind of equipment was involved but if an angry person started trying to push over broadcast equipment onto you, I don't really care about the actuarial statistics of fatal crushing accidents, I buy that as a "fear for my life" thing in the moment.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I would absolutely fear for my life if people started knocking over production monitors or racks. Those things tend to be heavier than they look and the sort of thing that can crack your skull if it gets you right.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Also for what it's worth Meltzer apparently said on his show last night that the phrase "lunging" is actually downplaying Punk's behavior

Could be wrong but that sounded a lot to me like Punk just straight up tried to fight Tony

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
E: NM other people said it better

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

So when Jack Perry gets off suspension, he getting booed or cheered at his return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

They're gonna have to bring him back with some instant storyline/character heat for him not to get cheered