Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

*pssssst*
kirby's gonna no-hit the mets tomorrow, pass it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

Imagine wanting to see the boring Guardians in the playoffs instead of seeing the Twins either break or continue the funniest streak in sports

Consider: my team hasn't won since before the Cold War and I would really like them to win.

e:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want to see the Guardians win the World Series because it’ll be hilarious watching all these dipshit Wahoo diehards begrudgingly buy merch for a new name they hate.

The game was fun yesterday and the stadium has a lot of great concessions now, but hooo boy were there still a ton of pasty white Ohioans proudly wearing racist caricatures.

yeaaaah that's pretty much the primary problem of going in person. The org has done a good job of completely phasing out Wahoo but it's gonna take a while, if ever, for people to actually stop wearing it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

Consider: my team hasn't won since before the Cold War and I would really like them to win.

False, your team won a playoff game in 2022 and only has a two game losing streak.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Inspector_666 posted:

The Yankees suck and will probably sweep the Astros this weekend but this is fun

:hmmyes:

The Yankees heard my previous spiritual acceptance of Ichiro winning a ring when he got traded to the Yankees and rewarded my magnanimity by defeating the perfidious Astros of Houston, giving the Mariners of Seattle sole possession of first place in the American League West :clint:

GOMS, friends.

GOMS.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I would like it if the Cubs led by more than one run entering the 9th today, please and thank you

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Mr. Fix It posted:

i love j.p. crawford

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

False, your team won a playoff game in 2022 and only has a two game losing streak.

I sincerely hope with all my might we sweep the Twins for this comment.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bregor posted:

I would like it if the Cubs led by more than one run entering the 9th today, please and thank you

I would like it if the Cubs led by more than one run EXITING the 9th today, please and thank you

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Squall posted:

He definitely should take a day off. First base isn't that hard, just let anyone fill in for him, tell 'em Wash.

I did see video of Wash working with Ozuna on some first base drills...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

baseball is great and I hate it and I'll watch it again tomorrow

This guy gets it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is a goms

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hmmyes:

The Yankees heard my previous spiritual acceptance of Ichiro winning a ring when he got traded to the Yankees and rewarded my magnanimity by defeating the perfidious Astros of Houston, giving the Mariners of Seattle sole possession of first place in the American League West :clint:

GOMS, friends.

GOMS.

goms indeed

RCarr posted:

What is a goms

It's the correct and morally justified way to approach the AL West, and maybe the AL as a whole this year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

RCarr posted:

What is a goms

A curse

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

RCarr posted:

What is a goms

It's a short way of saying "go Mariners".

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

and a blessing. It is, in a word, GOMS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

What is a goms

it's something Mariners fans say. It stands for "Go Only My Squad" which means the Mariners when they post it. But it means everybody can and should use it. GOMS

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It stands for Get Out Mariners, you Suck. They used to say GOMYS but it wasn't quite as catchy and the Y was dropped. You say it when you actively dislike them. It's why mostly Mariners fans say it - they are a well documented group of masochists.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monathin posted:

I sincerely hope with all my might we sweep the Twins for this comment.

This is the kind of hate people who root for the Guardians are supporting

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Angels really going for it this year, just in the bad way.

https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/1698398925219373446?s=20

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
In other words they reached an unwritten agreement with him to direct money his way in some method that enables them to technically get under the tax line.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eric the Mauve posted:

In other words they reached an unwritten agreement with him to direct money his way in some method that enables them to technically get under the tax line.

That would be better than them just deciding to not pay him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Angels accounting team contorting themselves into non-Euclidean geometry to prep for the offer that Ohtani is going to turn down.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Are there any teams due for a relocation? We need a second team in Canada so the Blue Jays cant hurt an entire country on a yearly basis.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Furnaceface posted:

Are there any teams due for a relocation? We need a second team in Canada so the Blue Jays cant hurt an entire country on a yearly basis.

The A's are trying to leave Oakland, and their name would be perfect for Canada

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

bees x1000 posted:

Angels accounting team contorting themselves into non-Euclidean geometry to prep for the offer that Ohtani is going to turn down.

Besides the obvious benefit to not being in the tax putting a ton of extra money in the owner's pocket, they'll also get a higher compensatory draft pick when Ohtani walks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao up visiting my parents in Rockford and saw a local Jordan Wicks Zavius Jewelers ad.

That is the most unexpected local ad I personally have run into in the wild.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Inspector_666 posted:

Angels really going for it this year, just in the bad way.

https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/1698398925219373446?s=20

I would have been shocked if the Angels didn't do this since it came out that they were so close to the luxury tax limit and being over it hurts them so much in the upcoming years way more than the couple hundred thousand in taxes. I mentioned it months ago that the Angels have been paying Stassi on the 60 day IL even though he isn't injured as he deals with family stuff. It's honestly out of character for them to not have done it sooner.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/AaronGleeman/status/1698447048565993597

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

looks like the recorded record is 36? Even 33 would get him into third place all-time (behind two separate Jim Rice seasons lol)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol good

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Cubs?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Lmao up visiting my parents in Rockford and saw a local Jordan Wicks Zavius Jewelers ad.

That is the most unexpected local ad I personally have run into in the wild.

My favorite Rockford fact is that in 2006, the city voted Taco Bell as its best Mexican restaurant.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jays season saved by their best hitters:

Davis Schneider, Ernie Clement and Spencer Horwitz

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Angels swept by the A's, that has to be the low point

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
NL Wildcard now has a four-way tie for the third spot. Go...Reds???

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Poque posted:

NL Wildcard now has a four-way tie for the third spot. Go...Reds???

That's a fun team, it's cool they're hanging around

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Intruder posted:

Angels swept by the A's, that has to be the low point

we can keep going, Trout hasn't publicly asked for a trade yet

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bees x1000 posted:

we can keep going, Trout hasn't quit yet to do weather on the 9's

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bees x1000 posted:

we can keep going, Trout hasn't publicly asked for a trade yet

Well no one is going to take his contract even if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

meh, sucks to drop a series, but at least the astros got swept by the yankees, lol