Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

coconono posted:

American sports are rigged through and through

I piss a handful of people off by holding a pro graps stream on Super Bowl Sunday so that "none of us have to watch rigged sports."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZdrZ5k1vcs

In the least surprising news all the Corn Nuts are in on that Punk is a freedom fighter.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean if that doesn’t tell you which side is right then what the gently caress would

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

I know this is very old and I missed it the first time the Cornhole got briefly resurrected, but this is a great metaphor!

Will Clark and Ozzie Smith did in fact have separate locker rooms, separate touring schedules, didn't share cars or buses or planes, maybe had to share a stadium eight or ten times a year maximum, because they legitimately competed against one another in a legitimate competition where they were on opposing teams. Unless he is trying to protect reverse kayfabe for baseball.

theyre ignoring the fact that ozzie smith hit will clark with a shoot senton bomb

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1698148574779920733

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe spend less time with rapists and murderers, jimmy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh yeah, Mr "Fans tried to stab me in the parking lot" or whatever horse poo poo he says.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh yeah, Mr "Fans tried to stab me in the parking lot" or whatever horse poo poo he says.

Please be respectful of the man who thought getting piss batteries thrown at him was a peak life achievement and not assault

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/jmeisnergbp/status/1698178708111270227

Nobody tried to assault Heyman, they just wished they had and admitted to it in a shoot interview years later. Also way to confuse Brody and Hansen with their gimmicks, big shoots.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, like, there's literal precedent for 'attack the boss, get fired' in the major companies. It was a long time ago, sure, but VINCE fired Nailz for the exact same thing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Nailz was right though. Justice for Nailz

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

edogawa rando posted:

Plus, like, aren't major American sports leagues basically split into several internal leagues and conferences within the overarching league structure?

Pnce upon a time but nowadays everyone plays everyone and the division/conferences are largely just a sorting tool for the playoffs. Everyone figured out that there's more money to be made if you play the popular teams from other divisions instead of the bums in your division you've played a million times. There's still an imbalance but there's no real meaningful walls or splits left.

edit; Holy gently caress I was responding to a post from like 6 weeks ago. My bad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's fun that Cornette busts out the most bad faith trash statement and a bunch of guys who have never been near a real fight come out to talk about how some other guy should handle getting assaulted at work.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
edit: wrong thread

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jim Cornette's stupid hillbilly rear end said that Tony Khan "killed Chicago" by firing CM Punk based off the initial boos before Collision last night and said Punk is "the only star, the only guy moving merch, and the only guy moving ratings".

The sheer loving amount of wrong in one sentence, while people still call him "the smartest man in wrestling"...like, it actually angers me. What a stupid loving gently caress.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jim Cornette's stupid hillbilly rear end said that Tony Khan "killed Chicago" by firing CM Punk based off the initial boos before Collision last night and said Punk is "the only star, the only guy moving merch, and the only guy moving ratings".

The sheer loving amount of wrong in one sentence, while people still call him "the smartest man in wrestling"...like, it actually angers me. What a stupid loving gently caress.

What’s hilarious is the All Out crowd tonight is one of the hottest in AEW this year

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dawgstar posted:

Also way to confuse Brody and Hansen with their gimmicks, big shoots.

it's still real to him, dammit

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LionYeti posted:

What’s hilarious is the All Out crowd tonight is one of the hottest in AEW this year

That's what I'm saying :lol:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Didnt cornette claim he had a loaded gun with him at all times backstage and he would gimmick his tennis racket to be made of compressed lead for extra heaviness just in case and he would squirt blood out of his tear ducts in case of large predators?

This dude sucks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yes.

And Vince Russo has a restraining order against Cornette

Couple o' real tough guys

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Wish a battery would have hit him just a bit harder

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's right

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

when you get down to it like 90% of notable jim cornette stories involve him threatening to attack his co workers so the punk firing probably feels extra personal to him

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Looking for bad takes on the Corncob subreddit is way too easy but come the gently caress on:

https://reddit.com/r/JimCornette/s/q2MEVjrw06

There’s AT LEAST 100k people that only watch AEW because of Corncob and and and if he stops reviewing the show they’ll stop watching!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
that links staying blue

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

that links staying blue

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
i search for sicko takes and even i say

Lid posted:

that links staying blue

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Vandar posted:

Looking for bad takes on the Corncob subreddit is way too easy but come the gently caress on:

https://reddit.com/r/JimCornette/s/q2MEVjrw06

There’s AT LEAST 100k people that only watch AEW because of Corncob and and and if he stops reviewing the show they’ll stop watching!!

Let me just check his Patreon and...

1/10th of a Deadlock. I see.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raeg posted:

Let me just check his Patreon and...

1/10th of a Deadlock. I see.

Deadlock rules, btw

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/EvangelineLing/status/1698154477675508216?s=20

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yo, imagine getting that worked up over a decrepit, carny racist.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats right

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

The one guy nobody who saw it happen will talk to us the only guy telling the truth

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I love the parade of pro-workplace assault fans. Just people who think that's a rad time.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Isn’t Corny’s whole gimmick that he loving hates AEW, so it’s just as likely that if they didn’t fire Punk he would be ranting about much of a mark TK is, and he must be so weak to let a wrestler control him like that, etc etc, with probably some racism thrown in?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

A Real Horse posted:

Isn’t Corny’s whole gimmick that he loving hates AEW, so it’s just as likely that if they didn’t fire Punk he would be ranting about much of a mark TK is, and he must be so weak to let a wrestler control him like that, etc etc, with probably some racism thrown in?

he said tony kahn is a pussy and should have fired jungle boy because cm punk is the bigger draw and maybe hes right

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he said tony kahn is a pussy and should have fired jungle boy because cm punk is the bigger draw and maybe hes right

Doesn't seem like he's right tbh

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

No I’m pretty sure firing the guy who attacks coworkers is the right move.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he exposed the business punk was within his right to kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he exposed the business punk was within his right to kill him

That's a 1980s mindset, the appropriate punishment these days is no less than three (3) passive aggressive jokes on Being The Elite. Get with the times grandpa.