Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
the last time I bought from a dealer was such a poo poo experience I've decided its better to drive out of state to stock up than deal with how a particular individual is feeling that day. I messaged them, they gave me a time to meet at their selling apartment. Business as usual, cool. I showed up a little early and didn't see their usual ride, so I just sat and chilled until I saw them roll in. no cars rolled in. after waiting like a half hour I finally get a message saying "wya??????" and I replied that I was chilling down the street. I went to the door and the dude is obv pissed off and just throws some random buds into some toilet paper and pushes it into my hands and shoves me out the door. like wtf I always gave this dude a little extra and always showed up exactly on time and was out as soon as the deal was done why the gently caress are you being so pissy and just giving me a random handful of buds wrapped in literal toilet paper gently caress that I'll make the drive to an actual storefront goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my last dealer was a good friend of my girlfriend and I's and my only real negative experience was knowing that if I just went and got a med card he'd stop ripping me off, but he shot himself in the head over onlyfans and weed is legal now so :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I grew a ton of weed

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
My only dealer experience in Thailand was when my boss wanted me to bake her some weed brownies, so she arranged for her dealer to deliver weed to my place. Weed was legal at this point, so it would have been so much loving easier for me to just like go to a store and have her pay me back, but no she insisted on using her dealer because he was cheaper than the shop prices.

This led to multiple hours of me sitting around my house waiting for this guy to show up. I got like 3-5 calls from him, but he only spoke Thai and despite me doing my best to explain my address, that I was at home, and that yes the weed could be delivered now, I still had no idea when this loving thing was going to happen. Eventually I figured it was just never showing up and started settling in for the night when suddenly my doorbell was ringing and there he was several hours late. Frustrating as gently caress.

My boss actually expected me to use this guy to buy my own weed and I was just like nope.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont have to gently caress with dealers anymore thank goodness

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
gummy update: if only they knew the power of $20/g distillate. my god, gelatin is so cheap. society would crumble

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

First episode with Sam Watterson in law and order, thus beginning the golden era of the show.

I'd forgotten what a difference he was compared to Stone.

:350:

LMAO he's got a motorcycle helmet and a history of 3 former staffers as exes. They leaned into him being a cool bad boy lawyer. Id forgotten

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 2, 2023

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

MrQwerty posted:

my last dealer was a good friend of my girlfriend and I's and my only real negative experience was knowing that if I just went and got a med card he'd stop ripping me off, but he shot himself in the head over onlyfans and weed is legal now so :shrug:

... There's gotta be more to this story

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hope and vaseline posted:

... There's gotta be more to this story

Too many drugs over 20 years, too many tries with a girl that wasn't working, too many sleep problems.

Too many loving guns in the house, too.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 2, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Revins posted:

as far as excercise goes weed + swimming is best though :hai:

Code Jockey posted:

I do!

been meaning to post my recipe, so far so good but just slightly too tough:

2tbsp knox gelatin bloomed in ?? (this time crushed watermelon, usually just water)
2tbsp fruit pectin

then once bloomed, into a little saucepan with:
five big drops of liquid soy lecithin
1/8 tbsp potassium sorbate

turn up heat to medium, let it melt, whisk it together, then turn the heat up very slightly, let it come to gentle simmer and skim the gross foam off the top (do this it's worth it)

then heat goes off, and in goes:
1/4 cup corn syrup (I really want to switch this out for something)
whisk whisk whisk
then
3oz jello packet (whatever works, I try to compliment the blooming liquid)
whisk whisk whisk

I like to then return it to the warm but turned off burner, whisk it a bunch and let it warm up a bit more, and then in goes the concentrate

then off the heat entirely, whisk in hand, and:
I use a huge amount because tolerance / stomach, so in goes 2g of distillate usually, but RSO works too. Make sure whatever it is is decarbed

whisk the poo poo out of that for like 10 seconds, then it's directly into silicone molds. This batch was one of those big 100+ cavity molds that makes little squares, and I just poured the hot gummy mix over it and quickly distributed it to the cells in the mold, scraping a flat edged thing across the top. Every moment it's out of the hot pan it's trying to solidify!

Once it's all in the mold, into the fridge it goes. I've played with 10 mins in freezer to rapidly set them first, but I'm usually too high and I'm worried I'll forget lol

Never shopped for distillate before but I want to make these as a changeup to my cookies (which absolutely reek going in and as much going out)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I threw a chunk of weed butter in with my oatmeal and ate it, spent about an hour & a half worrying that it wouldn't work because the butter was a little old, then spent a good 7-8 hours watching Jaime French movie reviews & laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

Maybe one day I won't worry that I've ruined my butter somehow. Maybe.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

Too many drugs over 20 years, too many tries with a girl that wasn't working, too many sleep problems.

Too many loving guns in the house, too.

too many mental health issues in this state and too few resources to address them as well, especially nowadays. sorry to hear about the loss of your friend

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I used to have a twice yearly trip to Denver and boy did I love stocking up at the dispensary and then eating a ton of edibles and drinking weed infused sodas and watching HBO in the hotel room.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Did 3g of weed to 100g of butter and made 18 cookies from that.

I only ate one, but I went on a loving journey last night.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm kind of tempted to make weed deviled eggs. Like, yeah deviled eggs usually don't have butter in them, but like...why not?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm kind of tempted to make weed deviled eggs. Like, yeah deviled eggs usually don't have butter in them, but like...why not?

Oh brother, that sounds amazing.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Make infused mayo instead of butter?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You can call them Devil's Leggs as in devil's lettuce eggs

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

redshirt posted:

Oh brother, that sounds amazing.

Plus, I just started my period so I have an excuse. My only thing is, I don't want to build up a tolerance, and I just had edibles on Friday.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Make infused mayo instead of butter?

Maybe next time. I need to diversify.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Plus, I just started my period so I have an excuse. My only thing is, I don't want to build up a tolerance, and I just had edibles on Friday.

Maybe next time. I need to diversify.

Friday was like forever ago.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Aha, I knew it! I've done (and enjoyed!) this before.

me, on May 29 posted:

sitting here, thinking about making deviled eggs with weed butter

UPDATE: it's really good :toot:

Good job taking notes, past-me.

edit:

deep dish peat moss posted:

You can call them Devil's Leggs as in devil's lettuce eggs

I like it!

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 3, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This wintermint is so strong it feels like it counts as brushing my teeth

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

but it doesn't, so please brush your teeth.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's a joke, doofus

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's a joke, doofus

I believe you, but this IS the goon forum. Its mostly to remind the keyboard goopers etc.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

my current dongtyping record is 31 wpm. it's harder than it looks. eheheh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There used to be a time when weed was highly illegal and could be difficult to obtain.....

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

redshirt posted:

There used to be a time when weed was highly illegal and could be difficult to obtain.....

Yeah it fuckin sucked!!!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I once agreed to buy weed from a homeless juggalo I met at a bus stop and walked 3 miles with him to his "apartment" which was like just a Peter Pan style den of juggalo kids and then he brought me to another apartment in the same complex where a bunch of strung out shirtless tweakers were passed out everywhere and I met a woman who called herself "queen" who made me smoke a bowl to prove I wasn't a cop before finally selling me weed.

Things are way better now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For several years in Boston my weed hookup was an exterminator - "The Bug Man". And I always wondered how much toxic chemicals he casually transferred over to the lovely weed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

deep dish peat moss posted:

I once agreed to buy weed from a homeless juggalo I met at a bus stop and walked 3 miles with him to his "apartment" which was like just a Peter Pan style den of juggalo kids and then he brought me to another apartment in the same complex where a bunch of strung out shirtless tweakers were passed out everywhere and I met a woman who called herself "queen" who made me smoke a bowl to prove I wasn't a cop before finally selling me weed.

Things are way better now

I had a weed boondoggle like that, some hillbilly at the disc golf course said he could get me some weed, he directed me to meet him at this dive bar down the highway. I ended up waiting at this lovely dive bar for 4 hours while this guy kept telling on the phone he was on his way. He eventually had me pick him up at his apartment and take him to get the weed, and it was lovely shwag. I realized in the daytime hours some months later that the bar had a confederate flag flying in the driveway...what a dumb night.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Threw two grams of GG4 distillate into a chocolate chip cookie "just add butter and egg" mix, A+

how many have I had? How should I know what is "math"

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Waffle! posted:

I envy you, friend. I don't miss the days of waiting at a gas station parking lot after midnight just to buy some lovely shwag. Or "dealer time" when five minutes could mean anywhere from fifteen to an hour. Or having to go with the guy as he does burnouts at every green light.

Dealers suck.

Reading this post in the parking lot of a circle k waiting on the weed man who's already rescheduled for two hours late

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

MrQwerty posted:

lmao @ making a carrying case and weed tools purposely look like a 50's shootup rig

Were we... Not meant to do that?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Karma Comedian posted:

Reading this post in the parking lot of a circle k waiting on the weed man who's already rescheduled for two hours late

Did he show up eventually?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go to the dispensary and go ham on their deli-style flower specials today :hehe:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

well now I'm imagining they've got bales of pot there and they just slice off the requested amounts like they would at a delicatessen instead of manually picking out the buds haha

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dervival posted:

well now I'm imagining they've got bales of pot there and they just slice off the requested amounts like they would at a delicatessen instead of manually picking out the buds haha

Like a slowly turning weed hive

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

a giant gyro meat cone made of wax, sitting in a windowed freezer

"budtender dear sir, may I have 1 slab"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

MrQwerty posted:

a giant gyro meat cone made of wax, sitting in a windowed freezer

"budtender dear sir, may I have 1 slab"

Just a giant loving nug spinning in place. You nod to the man and he breaks off a handful for you.