Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I bought mine at Walmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the 2x spicy is too much

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a neat cape posted:

the 2x spicy is too much
I swear I saw a picture of 5x spicy and while 2x is kinda at my limit, I want to try the 5x.

It's like going to a Thai place and getting something with 4 chili peppers on it, and barely getting through, and seeing there's stuff with 7 peppers. Like, I want to know, but I don't know if I will survive the journey.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Its Rinaldo posted:

Buldak ramen is good, I'm too scared to try the 2x Spicy ones though. 1x was plenty spicy.

Good news! You can get it on amazon now. https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-Buld...178&sr=1-2&th=1

You could probably also get it at any Asian super market. I like the Samyang Mala hot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Rinaldo posted:

Buldak ramen is good, I'm too scared to try the 2x Spicy ones though. 1x was plenty spicy.

Good news! You can get it on amazon now. https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-Buld...178&sr=1-2&th=1

I like spicy food a lot and the x2 spicy was too much, it crosses the flavor vs spice line

my favorite is the spicy chicken curry flavor

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I want to try the spicy chicken cheese one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the cheese one is weird to me. apparently koreans like to put a slice of american cheese on their ramen? I haven't had the guts to try it, it seems super weird

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

the cheese one is weird to me. apparently koreans like to put a slice of american cheese on their ramen? I haven't had the guts to try it, it seems super weird

I've done it before, you want to thin the broth out a bit but it basically breaks down into something like a cheese sauce. There's that much chemical emulsifier in that processed cheese its also a great way to ensure a mac and cheese sauce stays together, or comes back together if it starts to split.

Anytime you make a cheese sauce, after you make the roux, right when you add the real cheese if you throw in a slice of the processed stuff it makes the sauce come together flawlessly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Anytime you make a cheese sauce, after you make the roux, right when you add the real cheese if you throw in a slice of the processed stuff it makes the sauce come together flawlessly.

......huh

I'll have to try that

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

processed cheese rules

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

I've done it before, you want to thin the broth out a bit but it basically breaks down into something like a cheese sauce. There's that much chemical emulsifier in that processed cheese its also a great way to ensure a mac and cheese sauce stays together, or comes back together if it starts to split.

What is wrong with you?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

What is wrong with you?

because of it's low melting point, a little bit of american cheese will actually help other cheeses melt uniformly.

and since it doesn't have much flavor, you won't notice it.

It's also why it's the best cheese for a burger.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He ate the eggs

https://twitter.com/bnonews/status/1698437917687902657?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timby posted:

What is wrong with you?

I know how to cook?

You won't taste the processed cheese if you know how to make your roux properly and use the correct cheeses to build your sauce.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

What is wrong with you?

*throws a bomb in cheese chat*

I'm actually sort of ok with provel, despite having zero love for St Louis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's no such thing as a bad cheese.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Swiss can dick start a landmine

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a sexual elk posted:

:stare:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a sexual elk posted:

Are you smelling toast?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone read any good books about the war in Vietnam? Looking for history on why, how it went, etc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone read any good books about the war in Vietnam? Looking for history on why, how it went, etc

You want the play by play or more personal stuff?

Things they carried is obviously the really famous one from a “what the gently caress are we doing here” standpoint. Quick read too.

The Vietnam War by Ken burns is more battle to battle, but told from the soldiers perspective. His documentary is of course fantastic.

People’s history of the Vietnam war is from a leftist anti American perspective and was a big favorite of LF back in the day. It was pretty good.

I read another one that was about the lead up focusing on the French but I can’t remember the name of it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I read another one that was about the lead up focusing on the French but I can’t remember the name of it.

Street without Joy maybe? That's been on my list for awhile to get through

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

You want the play by play or more personal stuff?

Things they carried is obviously the really famous one from a “what the gently caress are we doing here” standpoint. Quick read too.

The Vietnam War by Ken burns is more battle to battle, but told from the soldiers perspective. His documentary is of course fantastic.

People’s history of the Vietnam war is from a leftist anti American perspective and was a big favorite of LF back in the day. It was pretty good.

This is perfect, thanks

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I just want to pop in and say that zucchini on the grill is an A-tier, pushing into S-tier summer vegetable

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arg kidney pain all day. Doc tomorrow. Hate going to the doctor :-/

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Joey Freshwater posted:

:thunk:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

because of it's low melting point, a little bit of american cheese will actually help other cheeses melt uniformly.

eh I'm still a pepperjack guy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Can confirm American cheese is great for cheeseburgers.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm about to start a Ringer podcast miniseries Do We Get To Win This Time? which is an exploration of the Vietnam War thru the films Hollywood made. I'm forever fascinated by Vietnam as it was this thing that happened and ended just before I was born so the only way I know of it is from movies.

It will be interesting to see what Generation Alpha does with the war in Afghanistan.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Swiss is a garbage tier cheese

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On the other hand, Lorraine Swiss is great. Somehow the more holes Swiss cheese has the better it tastes. So more holes = more flavor while simultaneously more holes = less cheese. :aaaaa:

Unrelated, a friend that sends me memes on Instagram sent me this pic:

To which I replied "if only he ate the eggs." Cut to me trying to explain :douche: and Something Awful in general, further devolving into me looking like Charlie in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia explaining Pepe Silvia.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 4, 2023

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The SomethingAwful Forums have a feature where you can put [timg] in front of a picture and [/timg] behind it to make it a normal size for browsing. Hope this helps

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I finished season 1 of Trigun Stampede and heck I enjoyed it. Last couple episodes did a lot of heavy lifting. Might rewatch with the dubs :)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is perfect, thanks

Haven't read it in forever but seconding The Things They Carried, still remember it. It's a semi-fictional--not totally fictional--book but just from a dude on the ground.

It doesn't get into anything political or really big for the most part if you're looking for that, just things in the poo poo. But it's a good read.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Norm roasting bob saget is peak

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bloods: Black Veterans of the Vietnam War: An Oral History, which is interviews with African Americans who fought in Vietnam, mixture of draftees and volunteers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ehud I have failed you :(

days: 0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

dang it!!

what got you?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I was bored so I finished the Flash. It got better in the middle, but that’s coming from a very low bar set in the first 15 minutes. About halfway through the movie I realized this was just DC fan-service the movie. Like just call back after call back to other better movies and characters.

Also the CGI was awful, and there was a lot of it. The ending was pretty anticlimactic too. Overall bad movie, D grade. Micheal Keaton still rocks though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of ~processed cheese~ I busted out the Hillbilly blackstone (read: cast iron pizza steel on top of my charcoal grill) on Saturday and made some ribeye Philly cheesesteaks and we made our own cheese whiz for them, it was loving great.

Also American and Swiss absolutely have their place, I won’t make a smash burg without American, and a Cubano without Swiss ain’t a Cubano

Intruder posted:

Last weekend GF who I’ve only seen puke when she got super drunk one time got such sudden and violent puking and severe stomach pain out of nowhere while we were just hanging out on the couch that we ended up going to the ER because she was like wtf and started looking like she was on Death’s door. Sat in the waiting room for 2 hours and by the time we got in to see the doctor, whatever it was had passed and some IV fluids and Zofran batted cleanup and she’s been fine ever since.

(I think I had a mild stomach bug at the beginning of that week and it must have hit her like a freight train and then hosed off lol, whoopsie!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

dang it!!

what got you?

I dunno, woke up in the middle of the night and had to run to the bathroom :smith: