Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cumpantry posted:

at what temperature does a man burn

100C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so did they even burn the man

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Alan Smithee posted:

No.

They池e talking about burning it Monday night.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
everyone take a piece of the man

and just burn it when you get home

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm just upset the playa had to be hosed for probably a decade or tens of decades or more just to inconvenience a bunch of rich people.

Next year can we drop them in the Marianas Trench instead?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Holy poo poo can we get back to Burning Man and less debate on temperatures???

Yes please, it's also really confusing because people are using Farenheit instead of the obviously super Celsius unit, and I can't understand the yokel-like talk that results from it.

So, everyone from the burned men are rescued by now right? Such a horrific event would have a lot of people rescuing everyone, obviously, so I expect this is all done and dusted by now.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

syntaxfunction posted:

Yes please, it's also really confusing because people are using Farenheit instead of the obviously super Celsius unit, and I can't understand the yokel-like talk that results from it.

So, everyone from the burned men are rescued by now right? Such a horrific event would have a lot of people rescuing everyone, obviously, so I expect this is all done and dusted by now.

oh my god you opened the celsius/fahrenheit can of worms. The next few pages are doomed...

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Kelvin is the superior scale and I'll fight anyone in this thread IRL who disagrees

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Eighty degrees Fahrenheit is three hundred Kelvins or five hundred and forty degrees Rankine.

Hope that helps.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Kelvin is the superior scale and I'll fight anyone in this thread IRL who disagrees

What's your temp outside in Kelvin right now?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Lamebot posted:

If Smash Mouth was at burning man this wouldn't have happened.
I dunno, things aren稚 looking so good over there either: https://news.yahoo.com/smash-mouth-singer-steve-harwell-064020486.html

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Don't hate the Playa, hate the rain

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Look if these tech fucks actually burned someone wickerman style instead of whatever the gently caress it is they do then maybe they壇 have a good harvest and not be suffering the wroth of ancient gods.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Wicker Man but it痴 in a malfunctioning Tesla

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I bet a lot of these vehicles sunk in up to their axles don't have insurance that will cover off road use

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Don't hate the Playa, hate the rain

Hell yeah brother! Cheers from the mud abyss!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

Wicker Man but it痴 in a malfunctioning Tesla

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

teen witch posted:

Wicker Man but it’s in a malfunctioning Tesla

lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

How long would it take for lake bed to redry out anyways? Weeks?

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Alan Smithee posted:

Hahaaa the man wins this year hippie scum. :dukedog:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Its Watyr festival now

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Scarabrae posted:

How long would it take for lake bed to redry out anyways? Weeks?

Hopefully

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

i saw in the news someone died, R.I.M.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

rest... in madness

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wanted to check out Burning Man when it was free and on the beach. I thought i could just do it any year. But then they moved it and started charging and I said F that. I hope they get rained out every year they attempt this stupid festival.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I wanted to check out Burning Man when it was free and on the beach. I thought i could just do it any year. But then they moved it and started charging and I said F that. I hope they get rained out every year they attempt this stupid festival.

You should just get friends together and throw a party on the beach. And don't get caught in a potentially deadly situation. That'd show em and you'd have a great time! You could be the new burning man, but you could call it "Free Party on the Beach" and I would honestly go to that.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how cool would it be if they all got trapped there for future archaeologists like a modern la brea tar pits

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why charge so much when you're basically bringing your own food and shelter to begin with? I'm sure there's plenty of smaller similar events that cost a lot less, and as a bonus it probably won't get the type of dipshits that co-opted Burning Man into a tech-bro humblebrag paradise.

I'd figure the people who originated the idea would have hosed off and made a new festival by now, but I guess they're the ones making money off the grift.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

syntaxfunction posted:

You should just get friends together and throw a party on the beach. And don't get caught in a potentially deadly situation. That'd show em and you'd have a great time! You could be the new burning man, but you could call it "Free Party on the Beach" and I would honestly go to that.

It was done 2 days ago in SF down at ocean beach. It was as terrible as I'd expect actual burning man to be... but at least it was free and after realizing it was lame, I could just walk 2 blocks away to something that was good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

how cool would it be if they all got trapped there for future archaeologists like a modern la brea tar pits

Good proof for aliens.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク

teen witch posted:

80F in a well ventilated house is fine but 80F in a country with houses built to keep heat inside loving sucks.

80F dry heat = survivable, 80F with humidity = I want to die and be dead

Currently dealing with my meds being weird and giving me night sweats so I my sense of “ok temperature” for myself is hard. Can’t wait for my iron to do it’s thing come winter.

It’s as if we all aren’t the same bodies and a variety of internal and external factors affect how we perceive the world, what a concept.

THE ONE thing that bewildered me about Ireland when I visited in late spring was nobody had air conditioning. Not in pubs not in taxis and not in some of the hotels we stayed at. They barely would even open windows for air flow. They didn't like it I was told and don't worry you'll get used to it. Just drink more Guiness. I did get used to it by the end of two weeks but man the last hotel we stayed at had AC and it was so nice.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

THE ONE thing that bewildered me about Ireland when I visited in late spring was nobody had air conditioning. Not in pubs not in taxis and not in some of the hotels we stayed at. They barely would even open windows for air flow. They didn't like it I was told and don't worry you'll get used to it. Just drink more Guiness. I did get used to it by the end of two weeks but man the last hotel we stayed at had AC and it was so nice.

Fairy Winds

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

I'm just upset the playa had to be hosed for probably a decade or tens of decades or more just to inconvenience a bunch of rich people.

Next year can we drop them in the Marianas Trench instead?

I extremely doubt there will be a next year. IIRC Burning Man started as a beach party in San Francisco in the late 80s, until they got kicked out and someone knew about Black Rock Desert. It moved out to the desert in the early 90s and because it was BLM land (and the nerds throwing the event got the proper permits) there wasn't much they could do about it. The whole area was declared a conservation area in 2000, and since then its been an ongoing battle/negotiation between BRC, BLM, and the locals. BRC makes a big deal about how they :airquote: leave no trace :airquote; but thats out of necessity - BLM has threatened to shut them down in the past.

Now that the playa is obviously and visibly loving thrashed, I'm guessing BLM tells them to GTFO for good. I'm sure BRC has money, but i'm guessing vehicle recovery alone will be in the millions if not tens of millions. Once the lake dries out they could come and grade it all, and in a few years the rain would probably mooostly resettle it, but the whole area is probably a polluted mess now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
burning man has fallen, but the gathering of the juggalos soldiers on

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

I extremely doubt there will be a next year. IIRC Burning Man started as a beach party in San Francisco in the late 80s, until they got kicked out and someone knew about Black Rock Desert. It moved out to the desert in the early 90s and because it was BLM land (and the nerds throwing the event got the proper permits) there wasn't much they could do about it. The whole area was declared a conservation area in 2000, and since then its been an ongoing battle/negotiation between BRC, BLM, and the locals. BRC makes a big deal about how they :airquote: leave no trace :airquote; but thats out of necessity - BLM has threatened to shut them down in the past.

Now that the playa is obviously and visibly loving thrashed, I'm guessing BLM tells them to GTFO for good. I'm sure BRC has money, but i'm guessing vehicle recovery alone will be in the millions if not tens of millions. Once the lake dries out they could come and grade it all, and in a few years the rain would probably mooostly resettle it, but the whole area is probably a polluted mess now

ITS LIKE WHEN A COMET WENT BETWEEN THE EARTH AND MOON, USHERING IN AN AGE OF SORCERY AND SUPER SCIENCE

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

They don稚 have ice for drinks in France, heathens

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Chinatown posted:

phoenix should, and in the next century or so, will be wiped off the face of the earth.

it is the worst city ive even visited by multiple orders of magnitude. and thats not even talking about the climate.
I see you've never been to Vegas, you lucky bastard.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I知 wondering how much it would cost to hire an excavation crew to bring heavy machinery out to the middle of the desert to extract your car or RV, now buried in the rock solid desert floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
i hadn't heard of a playa specifically, before

I thought it was something the Burning Stuck Crew came up with, and assumed it was play-ah.

Ply-uh is much less funny.