Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

Dumb question incoming: I have to do an entry form before travelling to a country, with the official advice saying it must be done "up to three days before entry".

Does "up to three days before" mean the time limit to complete is three days before entry, or does it mean we can only complete it in the three days before entry?

I think the latter, my girlfriend the former.

The latter but to be honest they usually just hand them out on the plane. I’ve filled one of these out in the airport at the other end before passport control because of lack of pens on the plane so I’d not worry about it. It’s definitely not gonna be at least 3 days before as your gf says though, unless it’s totally different to any other country I’ve ever had to do it for. Going anywhere nice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

It sounds like a sleep paralysis thing.

A voice, phasy and crackling in static, comes from the corner of the room.

"Towns."

It feels so video gamey, like Sim City. Oh your town has 50,000 people in it it's now a city!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

bessantj posted:

Looks like Rayner got Nandy's "shadow leveling up" role which, while I know it is, doesn't sound like a real thing.

It's not real when labour has committed to not improving things in any way.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1698642771001721216

I wonder how many hours he spent practicing that response?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jakabite posted:

The latter but to be honest they usually just hand them out on the plane. I’ve filled one of these out in the airport at the other end before passport control because of lack of pens on the plane so I’d not worry about it. It’s definitely not gonna be at least 3 days before as your gf says though, unless it’s totally different to any other country I’ve ever had to do it for. Going anywhere nice?

Off to Singapore for a few days, then to Kuala Lumpur. Should be fun but looks a bit rainy at the moment.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

I wonder how many hours he spent practicing that response?
He had some excellent tuition.

https://twitter.com/Normanjam671/status/1697907256598139055

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Necrothatcher posted:

Dumb question incoming: I have to do an entry form before travelling to a country, with the official advice saying it must be done "up to three days before entry".

Does "up to three days before" mean the time limit to complete is three days before entry, or does it mean we can only complete it in the three days before entry?

I think the latter, my girlfriend the former.

I would recommend trying to complete the form as soon as possible (now even) so you know exactly what information you need to complete the form and can do it in the shortest possible time frame.

What you don't want is to wait until 3 days before entry, start to do the form at that stage and then discover that they have asked you to produce the Purple Monkey Moon Diamond which you have to go looking for with only three days to spare.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1698652571827581015

I'm looking for some men who really want to impress Jodie Foster.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1698652571827581015

“I'll continue to fight for a Labour Goverment, to change this country for the better.”

:thunk:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ro5s posted:

“I'll continue to fight for a Labour Goverment, to change this country for the better.”

:thunk:

The comma seems superfluous.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Scrapping any commitment to community mental health seems like a good way to get more quiet gardeners and Jodie Foster impressers.

bessantj posted:

It feels so video gamey, like Sim City. Oh your town has 50,000 people in it it's now a city!
tbf that seems like a better way of doing it than "a city is a settlement with a cathedral (a cathedral is a church in the middle of a city)" circular logic or "cities are places that the king says are cities". Anywhere with a certain population needs certain levels or incorporation, administration, and infrastructure even if they don't have a bishop or lord-lieutenant to wave a stick/sword around and wololo at civic events.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Anywhere can be a city if it wants, except Reading

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tories just falling apart lol

https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/1698683073091764603?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Boy, that New Labour reshuffle. Liz Kendall at Work & Pensions

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/13/liz-kendall-backs-harriet-harman-in-labour-welfare-row

Steve Reed at Environment. Hilary Benn at Northern Ireland. Cool stuff

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

Rowling: Taliban ftw

X-posting from the Hit Takes thread cause this is a toaster even for the two of them weapons

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
labour having a loving "shadow levelling up secretary" is a joke lmao. just completely acquiescing to their political enemies literally setting the terms of the conversation

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Britain should be renamed to Arkham Island.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ronnie posted:

Britain should be renamed to Arkham Island.

Pakled Island

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Shadow leveling up is pointless because its still going to leave you weak against the Tories' bug types

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

tbf that seems like a better way of doing it than "a city is a settlement with a cathedral (a cathedral is a church in the middle of a city)" circular logic or "cities are places that the king says are cities". Anywhere with a certain population needs certain levels or incorporation, administration, and infrastructure even if they don't have a bishop or lord-lieutenant to wave a stick/sword around and wololo at civic events.

It is by holy law that a town becomes a city when the royal crow perches on the tallest building in the town thrice and that's the way I like it!

sinky posted:

It's not real when labour has committed to not improving things in any way.

They're into improving things for their rich mates.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Pakled Island

Lmao, it really is.

Steal everyone else's poo poo, refuse to learn how anything works, demand that someone else sort it all out when it breaks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jedit posted:

The comma seems superfluous.
Only the first 'for' is superfluous.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Lmao, it really is.

Steal everyone else's poo poo, refuse to learn how anything works, demand that someone else sort it all out when it breaks.

And leadership determined by big hats.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
a school can collapse for many reasons,

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
a leak :catstare:

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

If you leave a leak long enough and do no maintenance, it probably could cause structural damage.
And given the budget for remedial work on public buildings...

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Keith wanks himself awake every morning thinking about working people

https://twitter.com/keir_starmer/status/1698705773210034192?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
No details of how he plans to improve anyone's lives, working or not.

I suppose there's 'grow the economy', with no mention of what that entails

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Growing the pie by drizzling his gravy obviously

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Alarm Clock Britan :clegg:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Keith wanks himself awake every morning

sinky posted:

Alarm Clock Britan
The squeezed middle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What change are they gonna deliver because it sounds like the same turd but the box is in red wrapping paper instead of blue

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

They will do exactly the same poo poo but look a bit sadder and have heavier hearts while doing it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
tories

keith labour

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1698735533206159815

:toot:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

Looks like Rayner got Nandy's "shadow leveling up" role which, while I know it is, doesn't sound like a real thing.

Shadow minister for buying world of warcraft gold.
Shadow minister for grinding purples.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
the mather of all keirs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

grinding purples
This sounds like it ought to be a drugs thing.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
or a sex thing :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

This sounds like it ought to be a drugs thing.

snorting handfuls of quality street