Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yes at least for FO76 'when scoped' means sniper scope view only, and 'while aiming' means while aiming down iron/red dot sights only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So FO76 power armor disables your chemists backpack huh. And Travelling Pharmacy is ofc a strength perk :smith:
That throws a 1000 pounds spanner in the works.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 7, 2023

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
To be fair, though, PA is pretty much God Mode as is and using the 3 HG perks as 2* instead of 3* is a reasonable trade off because the difference between 3* HG perks and 2* is barely noticable.

On the other hand, PA is really not needed at high levels. For low levels it might be a nice to have but once you have all the Legendary Perks you need or want non PA builds outperform PA builds in pretty much every way.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Anyone on here playing on Xbox? I've got two Scout things I'm trying to check off and was hoping for some help.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Patch day tomorrow, claim your remaining rewards before the game goes down!

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well I got the popcorn machine, which pretty much eliminated any need to care about food at all (even though I use the speed or jump mutation that doubles food meter depletion)
A teammate yesterday sold the plan for Vintage Water Coolers for 15k and I open palm slapped that bad boy before he could Houdini his camp, so no more water issues either :)
All that's missing for super ez life now is catching that canned coffee machine in the Atom shop.

e; any daily op with cultists or "can only be killed by melee" can eat a bag of dicks

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 22, 2023

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Vampire Auto Axe or a Minigun with the Shredder mod and no ammo does the job just fine.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Patch notes:
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/366JpFTGKTkHlQEXVM1wRx/fallout-76-update-notes-august-22-2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
That's quite the update. And the coffee machine is on offer for 450 Atoms.
It produces canned coffee, which instantly and repeatedly restores your AP bar for a whole lot while you're shooting at a big bad enemy in Vats.

Don't sleep on it if you got some spare change.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the coffee machine is actually a fantastic QoL upgrade yeah, easily one of the best ways to spend atoms.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Sensenmann posted:

Vampire Auto Axe or a Minigun with the Shredder mod and no ammo does the job just fine.

you can also just shoot them with whatever you're wielding and then any gun bash does fine too

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Flesh Forge posted:

you can also just shoot them with whatever you're wielding and then any gun bash does fine too

I used to like these DailyOps because they can require some teamwork, usually 2 people with guns wearing them down and 2 other people with bats finishing the job.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

this is like the only occasion in F4/F76 where gun bash has a use case

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Just knocked out enough leftover challenges to buy the new Fusion Core Recharger :toot:
Besides water, coffee, popcorn and the turbo-fert if you're into the vegan farming thing, are there any other useful resource generators out there?
A junk thing that accumulates mostly plastic would be great :unsmith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 24, 2023

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
After finally getting the necessary perk card along with endless grinding for scrap components, I was able to craft a full set of excavator power armor and unlock the plans to build my own station back at C.A.M.P. :woop:
Now I'm grinding because I need a fusion core charger and the coffee machine would be nice too but I can only afford one right now :derp:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The 'craft or dismantle 76 sharp/blunt/pipe weapons' type challenges bring 80 Atoms each iirc.
A cheap lvl 1 knife or club is sufficient.
You'll get 150 every week or so from the current battle pass event thing too, if you do the dailies.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

One of the Collectrons collects assorted junk and plastic is amongst it's loot pool, but I don't remember which one it is (likely the junk one), but unless there's a rewardone on the current scoreboard, you'll have to pony up even more atoms.
But legit as mentioned, check the in-game challenge lists. There are several veeeeery easy ones for a quick 40 atoms apiece, and some slightly more time consuming ones for 80.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They changed the mirelurks to ghouls in the spawn reset house in summerville

that was a weird thing to notice the first time but a nice change because the mirelurks would explode leaving body parts everywhere that made it annoying to loot the dozens of books because you'd keep hitting the mirelurk's loot menu instead

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't place my second camp even if I pack up the first one. Am I missing something? I'm holding down the correct button and sure the area is buildable and free of other camps. Relogging doesn't make a difference.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

Can't place my second camp even if I pack up the first one. Am I missing something? I'm holding down the correct button and sure the area is buildable and free of other camps. Relogging doesn't make a difference.

You're probably already there, but if not go to your map screen and select an empty CAMP slot first

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You don't need to pack up the first camp, it will simply go poof when you activate another slot (in the map, top left) and come back when you re-activate it.
As long as some other dudes camp isn't blocking it :unsmith:
It's an uh interesting system.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Two questions

Has anyone tried fallout 1 on steamdeck ?

What mods should I grab before I start a playthrough of it ?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

fit em all up in there posted:

Two questions

Has anyone tried fallout 1 on steamdeck ?

What mods should I grab before I start a playthrough of it ?

It's listed as playable, but has a few caveats, like needing to enable the onscreen keyboard for some inputs, default config not wholly supported, and text may be hard to read

Fallout Fixt's usually the go-to mod for FO1, outdated as it is, but if you own both Fallout 1 and 2, "Fallout Et Tu" ports Fallout 1 to 2's engine and comes with a host of features like being able to control party members in combat, let them level up, and bug/stability fixes

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hey guys I never really gave fallout 4 a shot before moving on and starfield is making me want to try it out now, but just modding the gently caress out of it. are any of the wabbajacks decent for just adding a ton of fun stuff in? I definitely want to try sim settlements out

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

doing the same right now but I never touched wabbajack bundles, I just went with SS2 and a fairly conservative set of game mechanic things on top of that (mostly Perks Unleashed, which removes the level gating on perks, and T6M's weapon overhaul (revamps essentially every weapon and makes them worth using throughout the game), and legendary crafting.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im going for magnum opus because gently caress yeah load as much bullshit into the game as possible

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SS2 is in a pretty great state right now, a whole lot of the crash problems it used to have are much improved. Way more engaging for me than the base game ever was.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

looks like magnum opus hasnt updated to the newest chapter but life in the ruins has

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Finally got the Chally the Moo-Moo outfit.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

In Fallout 4 I'm trying to use the 2076 World Series bat, and it doesn't work. Sometimes when I hit an enemy there's the sound of a crowd cheering, but there's no sound of a baseball being hit, and the enemy doesn't go flying. My character has 10 Luck, which I understand is supposed to make the enemies fly farther. Is it a problem that I'm wearing Power Armor? I don't have any mods related to this, but maybe it's an unrelated mod?

Morbid Fiesta
Dec 20, 2008

Presto posted:

Finally got the Chally the Moo-Moo outfit.

:barf:

I have nipples overseer can you milk me?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just got around to playing fallout 4 on steam and I'm hitting an odd bug.

I've got all settings up to ultra (if that matters) because I just got an rtx4060 and my rig should run the thing in general.

Basically I keep getting a crash to desktop at the exact same spot in the beginning.

It's immediately after the robot tells you that you need to go see your son because changing his nappy hasn't calmed him down.

I don't think I've been looking in the same direction when it's happened so don't think it's graphics related.

It's happened consistently about 4 times now and seems like something specific is causing it but I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

do you have any mods installed?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

do you have any mods installed?

Nah, it's a clean install.

I'll try verifying the files, but it would be weird if that fixed things given the game boots up fine and everything seems to be working as intended up to that point.

Like is something supposed to happen at that exact moment, like a dramatic scene change?

Years back when I bought it, I vaguely remember playing up until the point I made it into the vault. That was using the exact same rig and the only hardware change has been the RTX4060.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mine was crashing in the same spot for a while. I "optimized" the game with geforce experience. The only thing it changed was turning off weapon debris, but that stopped the crashing. try turning weapon debris down / off and see what happens.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah there are a few vanilla graphics options combos that have been broken since release and never fixed, that's one and there's another interaction with "wetness" and SSAO that can sometimes get you right at the start too, because the mirror uses the wetness effect iirc:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/92

If you're on PC you should consider installing the unofficial community patch, it fixes all sorts of poo poo:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

yup, that Weapon Debris thing seemed to do the trick.

I'll get that mod installed to fix this dumpster-fire of coding.

edit: or i would if nexus mods would initiate the bloody download.

Kin fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 11, 2023

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
The rank 100 PA skin looks kinda nice for a change. Usually the earlier ones are superior but this time I prefer this over the Presidential one.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I have soooo many power armor skins and never run power armor. My secret service set has done me well for 400+ levels.
Though recently I've been a lot more fragile than normal, come to think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
They messed around with robot/turret lasers and enemy fire attacks with a predictable outcome, and are taking their sweet sweet time to undo the carnage.