Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Indeed, we've always measured predicted daily rainfall in metres.

edit: video snype from Algeria.

It's the Sahara. It was green during the Pleistocene era. Nature is healing.

https://twitter.com/stargazete/status/1698416310009422328

Clyde Radcliffe has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Sep 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

First, they complain about the fires, and now they complain about the water? The Greeks are never satisfied I say!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

he’s zeus he’s supposed to be smiting greece

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

he’s zeus he’s supposed to be smiting greece

Zeus was too busy loving every mortal to care about smiting.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
2 meters of rain forecast 48 hours out seems problematic

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's a bunch of islands; there's already water all around. a bit more isn't gonna hurt anyone you doomer

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

It's a subway, it's supposed to be submerged

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

man imagine being an elder millenial in greece right now. your economy collapsed, your police are constantly murdering people in the camps at your borders, your forests are burning and now everhthing is flooding. if you have kids your only shred of hope is to flee. for all practical purposes greek people are already well into the middle of collapse.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

MightyBigMinus posted:

man imagine being an elder millenial in greece right now. your economy collapsed, your police are constantly murdering people in the camps at your borders, your forests are burning and now everhthing is flooding. if you have kids your only shred of hope is to flee. for all practical purposes greek people are already well into the middle of collapse.

If only a Macedonian prince would come along

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

MightyBigMinus posted:

That's literally everywhere these days/

And I don't wanna be nearby when the states mcfucking loses it as it will somewhen in the next 20 years.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MightyBigMinus posted:

Man, imagine being an elder millennial in Greece right now. Your economy collapsed, your police are constantly murdering people in the camps at your borders, your forests are burning, and everything is flooding. If you have kids, your only shred of hope is to flee. For all practical purposes, greek people are already well into the middle of collapse.

You described America, but we have more credit to bum off of for a while.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

MightyBigMinus posted:

what we need now is unhinged ramblings about "periphery of empire" so on. that's the good poo poo

e: holy poo poo, there it is

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9N7Awpk9lE

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

500excf type r posted:

If only a Macedonian prince would come along

Some sort of... defender of men, perhaps

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Highly unlikely to occur you say?

these are live lightning and rainfall radars

AceClown has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Sep 4, 2023

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

biblical rainfall is stored in the balls

https://twitter.com/mikarantane/status/1698724178659041710?s=20

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Finally, the Greek alphabet is coming home

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Omega Blocking has great... tracks of land.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
So that's why it's hot in London. Thankfully we're Just The Tip

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i'm seeing reports that the biosphere has succumbed to liver failure, aged 56?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

The Omega Heatwave vs. The Virgin Flooding

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

smoobles posted:

quote:

The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
The water's getting warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire, how about yours?
That's the way I like it and I never get bored

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

though i'm not gonna lie; i agree that even as a political concept in a far more equal society i doubt it's the one weird trick to make everything perfect as some people believe

I think we also face the same problem that California sometimes has: You can put a critical issue on the ballot and then corps with "gently caress you" money run ad campaigns that convince everyone to vote against their own interests. It's not just the voting system that need correction, it's also all the communication channels around the voting system.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

smoobles posted:

Yes, that's right - in fact, somebody once told me ...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hubbert posted:

Yes, that's right - in fact, somebody once told me ...

hey now

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

How many gallons for 80 proof liquor a week is too much asking for a friend

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

SixteenShells posted:

I think we also face the same problem that California sometimes has: You can put a critical issue on the ballot and then corps with "gently caress you" money run ad campaigns that convince everyone to vote against their own interests. It's not just the voting system that need correction, it's also all the communication channels around the voting system.

yep. what a concept

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

so is the IK "on administrative leave"

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
stereotype died (badly) of fairy shrimp-borne ebola

i think he would have wanted the thread to be buried with him (to be his slave in hell), so post your hottest malthusian ecofascist takes, and anime villain meltdowns

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Tungsten posted:

yep. what a concept
I could do with a little change myself

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Tungsten posted:

yep. what a concept

I could use a little fuel myself

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
surfing of the bulls is gonna be lit

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Potato Salad posted:

so is the IK "on administrative leave"

they were in a "climate-involved incident" so maybe

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Long live the king

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

incredible thread commitment

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

https://twitter.com/EliotJacobson/status/1698852621065605126?s=20

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Well, the disasters start coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CONFIRMED: it's not that bad, yet

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
While you were busy dooming, I studied the cope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I don't buy that the climate scientists are sad because "they understand the enormity of climate change in a way that no one else does"- this obviously isn't true because most of them couldn't see it until it was too late, having relied consistently on overly optimistic models and analyses. You don't need to be a super science guy to understand the fact that we have essentially ended the world; if anything, such a background makes it easier to personally justify ignoring the crisis, as we're seeing with the people who signed that letter.