Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. Fix It posted:

meh, sucks to drop a series, but at least the astros got swept by the yankees, lol

And the Rangers lost 2 of 3 to the Twins!

The Ms just need to rally and sweep the Reds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Astros sure are counting on Seattle and Texas to just split their games against each other it seems like

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Some Numbers posted:

:hmmyes:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Intruder posted:

The Astros sure are counting on Seattle and Texas to just split their games against each other it seems like

astros are going to be swept by the dbacks to end the season, with goms deep-cover agent paul sewald getting 2 saves. he'll strike out alvarez too

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
N: gently caress
V: The Astros

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well Played Mauer posted:

N: gently caress
V: The Astros

It's a good point.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Some Numbers posted:

I would accept the Ms doing that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mcmagic posted:

It's a good point.

:hai:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1698747733987803274

Oh he did it again! Kick his rear end out the league.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Friedman salivating at the discount he can get on an extension now.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oooooooh boy

Let’s see if the Dodgers learned anything from Bauer or if they’ll drag this out as long as possible again

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 4, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He got 20 games in 19 which seems like pretty minor sanction, what was the case there

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Some kind of argument in a mall parking lot, some reports said he pushed her others said he grabbed her as she was trying to get away and she fell down. The team came to his defense and said he did counseling blah blah obviously now it looks much worse in hindsight.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

At the LAFC game apparently, which makes you wonder how much was happening behind closed doors if he’s been caught twice now in public.

https://twitter.com/byjackharris/status/1698760595536036186

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
have fun in japan urias you freaking chud

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

THat's where his countryman Roberto Osuna is pitchin

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Lol, anyone who said Brantley would save the Astros has not watched any Astros games in at least 3 months. He's been on fire since he came back, but oops, starters are still mediocre and offense isn't a reliable way to win games (as the Rangers are also finding out). Seriously look at this ERA+ drop off from last year:

JV 220 -> 112
Framber 137 -> 126
Urquidy 98 -> 77
Javier 152 -> 92

Luis Garcia and LMJ both out for the year with arm injuries. JP France has been this year's Hunter Brown, but unfortunately Hunter Brown is this year's Jake Odorizzi. Given that it's baseball, I can't definitively say this team won't accomplish poo poo this year, but it's looking like they'll need a lot of luck.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Fan doomposting is the most tiring poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So who is going to be left to actually start in playoff games for the Dodgers besides Kershaw and Bobby Miller? Everyone else is hurt or suspended.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

So who is going to be left to actually start in playoff games for the Dodgers besides Kershaw and Bobby Miller? Everyone else is hurt or suspended.

Mookie could do it

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Petition to change their name to the Houston Asteroids

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1698523262068858927

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

R.D. Mangles posted:

Mookie could do it

if he wants to be the MVP he should pitch yeah

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ccubed posted:

Petition to change their name to the Houston Asteroids

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1698523262068858927

Ok, now I get why the fans were protecting him

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

They got a couple other kids - Pepiot and Sheehan - and Buehler can give us a couple innings hopefully. But yeah, it’s thin.

I love Julio but this poo poo reeks and they need to cut him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Christe Eleison posted:

I love Julio but this poo poo reeks and they need to cut him.

I had a moment where I thought you were talking about our Julio.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

If they were called the asteroids it would be slightly harder to hate them.

Slightly.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wayne Knight posted:

If they were called the asteroids it would be slightly harder to hate them.

Slightly.

the 'Roids

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/UnfortunateMLB/status/1698764191245414570?t=cbIJHHmkGIsxqGUWqj_HpA&s=19

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lance Lynn October starter come on down

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I had a moment where I thought you were talking about our Julio.

Long live J-Rod

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I forgot about his earlier incident so I always thought of Urias as "that guy I don't like-- no wait that's José Ureña".

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin steele is good
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1698792356755984706?s=20

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He should be the Cy Young.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

He should be the Cy Young.

Probably would be in serious contention if he hadn't missed a monthish worth of starts.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Probably would be in serious contention if he hadn't missed a monthish worth of starts.

He's still tied for most wins in the MLB, which is how you get those old-rear end baseball writers to vote for you.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
There aren't enough of them anymore to make a difference, the CYA voters haven't meaningfully paid attention to wins for nearly a decade now.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Blind Pineapple posted:

Lol, anyone who said Brantley would save the Astros has not watched any Astros games in at least 3 months. He's been on fire since he came back, but oops, starters are still mediocre and offense isn't a reliable way to win games (as the Rangers are also finding out). Seriously look at this ERA+ drop off from last year:

JV 220 -> 112
Framber 137 -> 126
Urquidy 98 -> 77
Javier 152 -> 92

Luis Garcia and LMJ both out for the year with arm injuries. JP France has been this year's Hunter Brown, but unfortunately Hunter Brown is this year's Jake Odorizzi. Given that it's baseball, I can't definitively say this team won't accomplish poo poo this year, but it's looking like they'll need a lot of luck.

Was very surprised they spent money on Jose Abreu over the offseason instead of, say, throwing 2/48 at Eovaldi.

It's very familiar to see the Astros have a poor off-season with lots of obvious missteps, like an old friend coming back after being gone for about 9 years.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Jays season saved by their best hitters:

Davis Schneider, Ernie Clement and Spencer Horwitz

This is both kinda awesome but really depressing

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
https://twitter.com/samblum3/status/1698813707638460605

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow, what a clubhouse the Angels have! Shohei definitely won't decline any offer they make and leave as fast as possible