Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1698257133152907657?t=lIgZ7Fw1nMs4FpeqK5lK6Q&s=19

I missed this

CM Punk pulling a George Costanza but still wanting to be praised for it

I would not be surprised if this were the case since Punk was accusing Jack of trying to get out of working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: Somebody should have called the police during this match, and they could show up and make sure what Daniel Bryan was doing to Ricky Starks was legal.
Vinny: This was a War Crime :hmmyes:

Edit: "I thought his mother might show up." :lol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 4, 2023

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This is the first PPV I’ve watched in ages and god help me I’m loading up on podcasts again. I missed the amazing audiophile Bryan and guy who apparently records on an Edison wax cylinder Bix.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The Q&A from london is up on the observer site now.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

i havent listened to the new deadlock ep yet but the impact episode they watched was so bad i couldnt sit through it lmao

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
does anyone have the (i think) deadlock clip where theyre talking about a possible sting debut during the attitude era and rock is doing his THREE BORING MINUTES schtick

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats one of the best bit imho so i hope you find it so i can hear it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that was the jericho's debut on raw episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmCr34cxsg&t=1583s

you can guess who else makes an appearance on the raw from the title

"your name is.... steve???"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this weeks deadlock already great and I'm only halfway in. I'm so glad they're covering this, 2014 TNA might be the only company weirder than 2004 TNA, just for some entirely different reasons. well, except for Jeff Jarrett. somehow he's the one constant.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I've watched that Rock stuff at the end 10 times by now I think, I love it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Dave on WOR "CM Punk kept saying he wanted to do the G1. Now he can. Let's see if he does."

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Dave on WOR "CM Punk kept saying he wanted to do the G1. Now he can. Let's see if he does."
does he know he can’t just lie in the ring selling for 10 minutes then tag out for Dax to make his comeback for him?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

1glitch0 posted:

He's gonna eat his words when CM Punk wins next year's G1

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
new japan gonna pay okada money for yoshi hashi matches

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"wanting to do G1" is AEW-speak for "about to be out 10 months with injuries"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Moxley did do the G1 and it owned

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Incessant Excess posted:

new japan gonna pay okada money for yoshi hashi matches

YOSHI-HASHI matches are good now OP

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

forkboy84 posted:

YOSHI-HASHI matches are good now OP

House of Torture downturn means no one has seen that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
punks matches were good too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

House of Torture downturn means no one has seen that.

It's really not hard to skip House of Torture. I've seen fewer than 15 matches featuring a member of House of Torture this year (maybe more if you count Dick Togo matches outside NJPW, but he doesn't do the gimmick in Michinoku Pro), & 2 of them were in the G1. Most of the time they are in the 2nd or 3rd match so I just start the show after their match, so I don't even have to get up to fast forward them.

I'd be more inclined to believe this is AEW viewers had replaced New Japan with All Japan or NOAH or Stardom. This does not seem to have happened, at least on this forum. No matter how many links I provide directly to great Kento matches :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

The Q&A from london is up on the observer site now.

Bryan wanted to get ChatGPT to write a wrestling show and then give it to Dave to analyze it :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I'd be more inclined to believe this is AEW viewers had replaced New Japan with All Japan or NOAH or Stardom. This does not seem to have happened, at least on this forum. No matter how many links I provide directly to great Kento matches :(

Just wanna say that I really appreciate that you do this. Sadly, for me personally, 99% of the time I only wanna watch wrestling live and 100% of the time I wanna watch it while posting with the people..... RIGHT HERE ON PUNCH SPORT PAGODA :thumbsup: so once you throw in how little time I have to watch stuff already on top of all the live AEW and New Japan shows, I'm lucky that I'm able to get in what NOAH, DDT & TJPW stuff I can and anything extra on top of that is just too much, not how I wanna watch it, and even if I had the extra time I can't justify paying for Fite AND New Japan AND Wrestle Universe and then ALSO add in an extra pay service that is "only" one promotion like Stardom or All Japan or Dragongate.

We're in that wonderful period where the "problem" we have is that there is SO MUCH great wrestling that is easily accessible.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

As the resident other freak trying to watch every well received match this year: I'd love to have other people watching the stuff I recommend, but the G1 just finished up and AEW's got five hours of weekly TV + Ring of Honor + two PPVs in the past two weeks. I wish more people knew how great CMLL has been or how Dragongate's trying to rebuild with a fresh batch of stars or that Impact's a solid promotion in 2023, but everyone's got their limit.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lmao the news seg on deadlock featuring CM Punk (just before the 2014 Rumble he did walk out on) growing increasingly angry backstage and wanting to either get a better spot or get released.

It rhymes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

As the resident other freak trying to watch every well received match this year: I'd love to have other people watching the stuff I recommend, but the G1 just finished up and AEW's got five hours of weekly TV + Ring of Honor + two PPVs in the past two weeks. I wish more people knew how great CMLL has been or how Dragongate's trying to rebuild with a fresh batch of stars or that Impact's a solid promotion in 2023, but everyone's got their limit.

I keep meaning to go catch up with CMLL because I've heard some great stuff with original Misitco balling out now he's back in the gimmick & also there's the new Mascara Dorada getting rave reviews.

And then I end up watching a Big Japan show from 5 months ago because it's got another ***½ Astronauts vs Okabayashi & some other guy match. It's very dumb of me but I do intend to go through the MOTYC thread (& cubsfans site) to catch up as I have not seen anything since the Rocky Romero Volador Jr Title match in January

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Raskolnikov38 posted:

thank you lol.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Lmao the news seg on deadlock featuring CM Punk (just before the 2014 Rumble he did walk out on) growing increasingly angry backstage and wanting to either get a better spot or get released.

It rhymes.

WHERE'S JACK PERRY

This was honestly fascinating. The news updates were all pretty crazy as I wasn't really watching wrestling at this time.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 5, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo the Briscoes No DQ match on the latest Deadlock Watch This :gonk:x1000

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

SRS decided to burn Punk as a source. Odd behavior from a scoopster.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's a friggin dumbass

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

Lol what's the context here?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

He signed up for improv classes and got a joint account with his mum

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thats impossible. Punk doesn't leak things, that's the California Cabal.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol strange way for SRS to announce his retirement from covering wrestling with the help of sources.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

lol strange way for SRS to announce his retirement from covering wrestling with the help of sources.

there's enough wrestlers with a 'but that won't happen to me' mentality that it might just work

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan Alvarez had three things he wanted people to know on WOL today:

1. He's not entirely sure Dean Ambrose was actually Jon Moxley.
2. WWE's television production used to be ALOT worse.
3. He forgets the third thing.

:hmmyes:

yea ok posted:

Well.... good to know he'll protect his sources for as long as they're useful to him and no more! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Oh wow all the gossip was actually coming from messy bitch CM Punk and not the Elite. Who would have thought.